• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 4.50 add Boost Mode for PS4 Pro.

komorebi

Sony is a borderline serial killer at this point

They're rolling high dex with the Pro, recent first party titles, giving us QoL stuff like HDD support and custom wallpaper (both overdue but still)

I expect a stealth Beyoncé-style Legend of Dragoon 2 release at this point

BigEmil

Does Yakuza 0 benefit at all? I notice the frame rate isn't always consistent 60fps without Boost.
Yeah some people reported improvements

They're rolling high dex with the Pro, recent first party titles, giving us QoL stuff like HDD support and custom wallpaper (both overdue but still)

Haha that would be cool

black070

Okay, The Witcher 3 finally finished downloading - first impressions, the loading times are noticeably improved and running around Novigrad has been smooth sailing.

The past betas have only been a few weeks or so. About a month.

Nice.

I'd not paid attention to how long it's taken in the past and this amount of stuff feels like what used to be an E3 level firmware update, so if they get it out so soon that'd be great.

LOL. That would be amazing.
Colbertnow.gif

TalonJH

I'm pleased to say that Idyllshire is 100% better in FFXIV.

It's a downtime though right now.
Excalibur server if interested.

Fredrik

This is seriously the best thing to happen to the console scene in a long time!
And it's a stealth beta feature!?

I'm pissed that they try to trick me into ditching my 3 y.o. console but right now I'm thinking that the day this is officially released for everyone is the day I'm jumping off the fence and buying a Pro. The upgrade finally acts like a proper upgrade, buy a new GPU and all your PC games will run smoother, buy a PS4 Pro and start Boost mode and all your PS4 games will run smoother. This is exactly how I want it!

Dragon Quest Heroes: Much improved. A much better 60 FPS in the airship (weird hitching almost eliminated) and runs way better in the couple of challenge maps I tried.

pswii60

Sadly boost mode makes no difference to the occasional annoying stuttering issues that affect some areas on Shantae Half Genie Hero.

It's not like the game is pushing the hardware (fans are silent) so not sure why that happens on certain levels.

Turkoop

Banned
This is seriously the best thing to happen to the console scene in a long time!
And it's a stealth beta feature!?

I'm pissed that they try to trick me into ditching my 3 y.o. console but right now I'm thinking that the day this is officially released for everyone is the day I'm jumping off the fence and buying a Pro. The upgrade finally acts like a proper upgrade, buy a new GPU and all your PC games will run smoother, buy a PS4 Pro and start Boost mode and all your PS4 games will run smoother. This is exactly how I want it!

I guess this feature is still in development. Maybe in the future, the games gonna run better than today and increase the stability/FPS

cakely

Okay, The Witcher 3 finally finished downloading - first impressions, the loading times are noticeably improved and running around Novigrad has been smooth sailing.

Loading times improved? Thank God.

I'm playing that right now (I'm in Velen) and getting the reload screen means I get up and do something else for a while. It's ... real bad.

There's this one mission where I was trying to keep an incredibly fragile NPC alive (
Bitter Harvest
) and every failure started at least two minutes of loading time.

Ferr986

Sadly boost mode makes no difference to the occasional annoying stuttering issues that affect some areas on Shantae Half Genie Hero.

It's not like the game is pushing the hardware (fans are silent) so not sure why that happens on certain levels.

Probably a coding issue. Boost mode will not help with any coding related problem, be random stutters, framepacing,etc

thatJohann

Im using boost mode on just started the Ghost Recon wildlands beta and cutscene is playing and audio cuts out occasionally, i wonder if its due to boost mode.

Im using boost mode on just started the Ghost Recon wildlands beta and cutscene is playing and audio cuts out occasionally, i wonder if its due to boost mode.

I'm pretty sure that game already has Pro support. It looked like it was running at a higher res than 1080p to me anyways.

Top Bottom