• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise Of The Ronin Reportedly Suffers From An Unstable Frame Rate In Performance Mode

Senua

There are horses with this kind of movement problems :D.

I can't recall any game that had proper horse animations.

Homework: Just do a search on youtube about horse races and check how they move their back.
Lol 14 year old RDR had better horse animations bro

skyfinch

This is why developers need to stop making games for Series S. This crap platform is what's killing the industry right now. That Jason guy with the beard is stunning to look at, but he is a fool when it comes to making videogames.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Lol 14 year old RDR had better horse animations bro
simon cowell facepalm GIF

This is why developers need to stop making games for Series S. This crap platform is what's killing the industry right now. That Jason guy with the beard is stunning to look at, but he is a fool when it comes to making videogames.
Wait ? what ? This is literally a Sony exclusive game. The problem is Team Ninja, or possibly Koei Tecmo under funding them so they're not really able to develop a proper engine.

Katatonic

More often than not, these performance modes only create an entry point to attack a game. I can appreciate the devs scaling back settings to achieve a higher frame rate with the hardware they're given but some people need to be reasonable with their expectations.

Reactions: Isa

yamaci17

these performance problems are to do with CPU. i have no idea why people have this notion that ps5 pro will help with that. it is clear at this point that ps5 pro will keep the same zen 2 cpu.

even if you give developers zen 3 or zen 4 cpu as a baseline, they will decide to target 30 fps for it, resulting base ps5 to drop below 20 FPS and I'm sure both sony and microsoft wouldn't want that to happen so they will keep on with same zen 2 cpu to keep devs in check

stn

Personally I am very excited for this game. The combat is looking good and I love Team Ninja's combat/loot formula. I also don't mind the optimization issues as much, they typically patch those on release. Even if it is a Ghost of Tsushima ripoff, why is that bad? I personally want more games like Ghost.

Now give me Strangers of Paradise 2!!!!

Games coming out with bugs and bad perfomance in 2024 ??? Noooo really?

Stop pre-ordering people! For fuck sake

Ill buy 6-12 months down the line more stable and cheaper... and play on the pro 😅
Wait, you can pre-order people!? Im in the market for a new "house Elf".

fart town usa

Gold Member
Games coming out with bugs and bad perfomance in 2024 ??? Noooo really?

Stop pre-ordering people! For fuck sake

Ill buy 6-12 months down the line more stable and cheaper... and play on the pro 😅
What does preordering have to do with anything? Is the game somehow not going to release if it's not available for preorder? Is the development cycle somehow going to magically be extended.

People who preorder likely do not give a shit about reviews and simply want to play the game because something about it looks fun to them.

StereoVsn

Not gonna lie, I recently played 3 games considered shit by community back to back. Fallout 76, Redfall, Gotham Knights. Had a great time with all of them for variety of reasons. Finished them quickly cause was enjoying them.

In parallel was playing Witcher 3, highly acclaimed title, was complete slog to me. Finished it with great difficulty then deleted quickly.

This hive mind thingy and opinions on games when they could have changed due to updates is quite counter productive.
Hive mind? The fact that you have a different taste in games doesn’t mean there is a hive mind.

Redfall sucks, Gotham Knights is a mediocre title. Most people who tried them didn’t like them. Fallout 76 was terrible for a few years but Bethesda retailed most of it so it’s a different game now.

You can say that you liked these mediocre games and that’s fine, but there is no need for hive mind conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
these performance problems are to do with CPU. i have no idea why people have this notion that ps5 pro will help with that. it is clear at this point that ps5 pro will keep the same zen 2 cpu.

even if you give developers zen 3 or zen 4 cpu as a baseline, they will decide to target 30 fps for it, resulting base ps5 to drop below 20 FPS and I'm sure both sony and microsoft wouldn't want that to happen so they will keep on with same zen 2 cpu to keep devs in check

God damn it I hate to admit you're right

fart town usa

Gold Member
Hive mind? The fact that you have a different taste in games doesn’t mean there is a hive mind.

Redfall sucks, Gotham Knights is a mediocre title. Most people who tried them didn’t like them. Fallout 76 was terrible for a few years but Bethesda retailed most of it so it’s a different game now.

You can say that you liked these mediocre games and that’s fine, but there is no need for hive mind conspiracy theories.
It is exhausting when people who haven't yet played a game start claiming it's trash because of a horse animation and what some previews have mentioned. People who pre-order are tossed in as well, as if pre-ordering a game is somehow the main culprit for a lack of polish.

There's definitely some gamer rage hive mind stuff going on with RotR.

Its there. I can see it.

A couple of reviewers that people can trust have triggered it for this game.

Don’t wanna get into those 3 games here its a different discussion. It’s mostly has to do with their coop nature.

Doesn’t affect my enjoyment of the game but gets tiresome to see it getting criticised for stuff not even there in the game.

fart town usa

Gold Member
The worst trot nit picking is some of the dumbest stuff I've seen when it comes to complaining about unreleased games.

Who cares and why? When I see the horse I see a videogame animation. And who is to say that no horse moves in such a way? My two dogs have completely different gallops, as I'm sure no two horse movements are identical to each other.

It's such a lazy ass dog pile. At least wait until the game is released so we can see how unstable the framerate it.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

It is exhausting when people who haven't yet played a game start claiming it's trash because of a horse animation and what some previews have mentioned. People who pre-order are tossed in as well, as if pre-ordering a game is somehow the main culprit for a lack of polish.

There's definitely some gamer rage hive mind stuff going on with RotR.
I think the initial showings and previews are mixed. So folks are certainly apprehensive to pay $80 to pre-order this game.

Especially after Wo Long was kind of mixed bag at launch.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I think the initial showings and previews are mixed. So folks are certainly apprehensive to pay $80 to pre-order this game.

Especially after Wo Long was kind of mixed bag at launch.
Being apprehensive is one thing. Clinging to select comments from a preview and dog piling over a horse animation is lazy/predictable hive mind behavior.

If people want to wait for reviews, so be it, nothing wrong with that. There's no basis for them to keep complaining though because they clearly want their mind made up by a third party and they should just sit tight and wait for reviews to be available.

StereoVsn

Being apprehensive is one thing. Clinging to select comments from a preview and dog piling over a horse animation is lazy/predictable hive mind behavior.

If people want to wait for reviews, so be it, nothing wrong with that. There's no basis for them to keep complaining though because they clearly want their mind made up by a third party and they should just sit tight and wait for reviews to be available.
I think the issue is some folks wanted to preorder and were looking forward to the game. Previews came out mixed, graphics appeared somewhat subpar so people are disappointed.

But yeah, I agree, people should wait for the game to release and see impressions and reviews. No need to pre-order.

Top Bottom