• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 4.50 add Boost Mode for PS4 Pro.

Plum

Good of Sony to implement something that should have been there Day One. Now we need a game-by-game toggle and a little icon saying a game has official Pro support and it'll feel complete.

Though honestly, maybe be it's because I've upgraded my computer upwards of 10 times since 2011 but this isn't a game-changer to me. This is eecially the case as it only really smoothes out locked framerates for the majority of games out there. 30fps is still 30fps and Bloodborne's frame pacing issues are still present.

Oh, and the GIF spam (and to a much lesser extent Beast Mode talk) is annoying at best and thread-ruining at worst. If hype trains aren't allowed neither should those.

TalonJH

Please refer to my next post where I then go on to say that giving players the option to run the pro at full speed when playing non patched games should have been there from the start because for the vast majority of games it will and never was going to be much of a issue.

But it is here now and I am glad that Pro users are now getting more value out of their purchase.

I can agree with that. I'm always happy with more options. Especially when the product is targeted at the enthusiast and not the mainstream.

Holy shit, some of these performance gains are massive. So happy Rocket League gets an FPS boost. I need this beta invite Sony, get on it!

So the justification from Sony for down clocking the pro when running unpatched games was what it was always was: a load of rubbish mostly?

Probably more testing was required to make this feature work and make sure it didn't break things. I could see this being a pretty major testing effort to check most of the library and make sure no big issues appear.

modsbox

Just checked my email fully expecting to not get into the beta, since I never get into any betas, and for once I got in? Still stunned to see the email, excited to try it on my Pro later tonight.

Has anyone tested the external hard drive capability? Very curious about how smoothly copying back and forth between the internal and external works. If it's pretty seamless (not having to redownload saves and so on) I can see a lot of folks putting a small SSD internal and a 2-4T external and being really happy with it.

Also curious if you can put games on an external, bring it to another PS4, log in to that PS4 with your credentials and play games off the external HDD without reinstalling.

Would be awesome to be able to bring like a portable 4TB usb 3.0 HDD filled with everything over to a friends and play anything without redownloading. Great way to show friends games they haven't seen yet without waiting eons for downloads.

DC1

Jesus, I know that's probably a professional but damn, one mistake and bye fingers.
I'm the closest thing you're going to a ninja in this forum and I'm hear to say that the blade in this gif can't cut an over ripe lime.

Still impressive tho.

Probably more testing was required to make this feature work and make sure it didn't break things. I could see this being a pretty major testing effort to check most of the library and make sure no big issues appear.
Yeah. People seem to forget that. These kind of things aren't done in a day.

Top Bottom