• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware update 1.62 out now

Probably nothing.

When the PS3 had firmware updates all the time, people complained.

The PS4 NEVER has worthwhile firmware updates, and now I'm complaining.

Can't please everyone, I suppose!

~~Hasan~~

imagine if its a stability fix lol.

i will be laughing hard if its, MS is rolling good updates and we are getting stability fixs lol

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Hopefully it'll fix the printer settings. Finally I can hook it up to my printer!

“Operation quality during use of some PlayStation 4 software has been improved.”
ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif

Yeah it's offcial, the big update(with custom music in game and streaming from pc videos and all that shit) will probably come at E3 so they showcase it off.

~~Hasan~~

It does......

ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif

Yeah it's offcial, the big update(with custom music in game and streaming from pc videos and all that shit) will probably come at E3 so they showcase it off.

thats what i believe too. they will be like " today, you can download our new update that has the resume function etc.. "

Vashetti

Banned
I am getting more and more frustrated with Sony regarding firmware.

Fairplay to MS, their updates come monthly, they tell their customers in advance and even let them beta test them.

The Llama

thats what i believe too. they will be like " today, you can download our new update that has the resume function etc.. "

Oh man I had forgotten they had even promised suspend/resume function. Now you just made me excited again for it. Really can't wait for the big (2.0?) update.

EktorPR

Really hoping the one with friend notifications, background customization and download queue management comes our way soon.

Anything of note that MS rolled out so far?

Their next update

What to expect in this update preview

For those of you that participated in last month’s (1403) update preview, this preview wave will be a little different:

The 1404 update preview will run a bit longer than the 1403 preview. As a result, not all of the features listed below will be available in the first 1404 update. Some features will be enabled in 1404 updates that are rolled out later in the preview.

Some of the features listed below will be enabled outside of a console update. Keep an eye on the forums for announcements and information on when new features are made available.

What’s new in this release?

• Game and app saves and updates. A game save progress bar will show you the status of your game saves. You will also be able to easily tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.
  • Friends improvements. Notifications will be added to see when favorites and friends sign in to Xbox Live. This actually was one of the most frequently requested features from the first preview wave and we made it a priority to include it in the April update. Also, friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list. We’ll also add the ability to view friends’ most popular apps.
  • Blu-ray 50 Hz video output support for content recorded at 50 Hz will resolve video playback issues some Xbox Live members in Europe are experiencing.
  • Kinect voice and motion improvements will continue to fine tune the quality and reliability of Xbox One commands.
  • Improved GameDVR video quality through compression algorithm improvements.
  • Updates to Xbox One device management to address issues controlling TVs, set top boxes, and receivers that our customers have reported.
  • New audio settings to tune how much volume is lowered when Kinect is used in communications.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=104795418&postcount=1

teiresias

It's about time to start bombarding @yosp about the lack of feature updates. This crap is ridiculous.

Anyone want to start a betting pool on whether we'll see feature updates or Driveclub first?

Cheech

Fairplay to MS, their updates come monthly, they tell their customers in advance and even let them beta test them.

To be fair though, the Xbone's OS needed a LOT more work at launch, so I'd expect more frequent and more meaningful updates. IDK if you used a launch Xbone, but it was horrific. PS4 was far, far smoother.

bombshell

yeah they are improving their services ( friends notification, party chat ) etc.

That's not what I would call noteworthy new features, that's just optimizations of things which should have been like that at launch. Same with Twitch, should have been there at launch.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Part of me hopes improving operation quality means fixing the share button so it records stuff properly, or you know, fixes anything worth noting.

~~Hasan~~

That's not what I would call noteworthy new features, that's just optimizations of things which should have been like that at launch. Same with Twitch, should have been there at launch.

say that to Sony, where is our "optimizations" that we were promised since Launch ?

Yeah but that's because it launched with a ton of missing or faulty features. I feel like if people started complaining to Sony those updates would come quicker. They did have the one update to add Pulse support

It seems to me that Sony either doesn't care as much or don't have as many people/skills to work on constant firmware updates as MS.
I will definitely give MS credit, they're trying their balls off to get the XB1 on par with 360 firmware as quick as they can.
This is another disappointment for a PS4 owner. Not crushing obviously, it's still a stellar system as is, but the constant trickle would be nice.

Probably nothing.

When the PS3 had firmware updates all the time, people complained.

The PS4 NEVER has worthwhile firmware updates, and now I'm complaining.

Can't please everyone, I suppose!
I would be complaining if I was turning the system on to play a game and it interrupted me, but there isn't anything to play, so I'm just turning it on specifically to get firmware when I hear there's a new version.

It's my Blu-rayStation 4.

Oni Jazar

These firmware updates are shameful and one area where Microsoft is kicking Sony's ass.

Still waiting on that "suspend" feature announced over 12 months ago.. :(

I would be complaining if I was turning the system on to play a game and it interrupted me, but there isn't anything to play, so I'm just turning it on specifically to get firmware when I hear there's a new version.

It's my Blu-rayStation 4.
Isn't the bluray playback poor?

ron_bato

Removes the Battlefield lag.

I know you were just kidding, but I'm playing BF 4 Conquest right now and I swear, the rubber banding is the worst it has ever been for me.

Anyway, yeah, I can't say I've noticed anything pretty significant with this new update.

It's about time to start bombarding @yosp about the lack of feature updates. This crap is ridiculous.

Anyone want to start a betting pool on whether we'll see feature updates or Driveclub first?

It's only been 4 months give it a rest, harassing Shu on twitter wont make things go any faster, he is head of WWS not the Firmware team.

Top Bottom