• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW 1.7 coming soon (HDCP off, Export video to USB, & Video Editor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislowe

I've hated all the music I've ever heard in video games mostly. The only music I've liked is the Resogun music and AC4 sailors singing. It's either to distracting or just bad in my opinion.

Got this view in my head, someone playing Dead space with custom soundtrack feat. Rebecka Black - Friday.

Im looking forward to this updaye anyway, then hopefully I dont need to get a capturecard :)

I want a firmware update that would not force me to mute the tv so that sound does not came both from HDMI and Optic Out at the same time

KeRaSh

Nice update list but the most important feature I'm missing is the promised suspend feature. Still no news on that end?

May16

If I wanna screen cap stuff or take a video, do I have to sign in with PSN and all that junk? I either can't find a definitive "no you don't" or read from places that talk like they assume I sign in all the time.

But every time I want to save something with the Share button it asks me to sign into stuff. I want to record things for my own sake but I don't want to link my PS4 to stuff like Facebook and don't want to have to be signed in/connected to the internet to use the capturing. Can I do that? Or is that what this is about -- soon I'll be able to do that?

quickwhips

Fix PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0
Fix Trophy Sync Errors
Fix Recording Wrong part Error even when Thumb Nail Is correct
ADD MP3 and Video playback
Improve Voice Chat audio
Invitations disappear on own after viewed or 15 minutes which ever comes first
Notifications except friends request go away after 15 mintues
Combine Trophy/Notificaitons/Friends into one Tile with quicker interactions I know you can get to them already.

Did PS4 always have ads in Recent Activities? I got ad for Taco Bell?

Lemondish

This is a completely BULLSHIT excuse. I'm sorry but basic functionality that your previous system had is not an unreasonable expectation. I'm not expecting backwards compatibility, or playing PS3 games upressed. I'm expecting simple basic things like MP3 support, DNLA support, Bluetooth headset support, 3D Bluray support etc. These are BASIC functions that should have been there day one. These are basic things that should have been worked on and finished early on. I mean shit they already have a bluetooth stack on the fucking thing for their controllers.

We should NOT accept the dropping of BASIC FUNCTIONALITY because of architecture change.

It's about trade offs. The busic functionality of watching most movies, accessing most apps, and playing all games is available. To recategorize some of these niche functions, even on an enthusiast board, seems dishonest. I can tell you're upset and looking to grind your axe, but be calm for a bit. It's obvious that we've had to accept slightly less functionality in order to get the product today. Even with the lack of functions compared to the mature PS3 platform, this thing is selling out constantly, so it obviously isn't bothering that many people. Patience, mate. You'll see what you want added soon enough.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
If the light bar dimming doesn't happen, I'm gonna hate the op forever. PEACE.
Light bar dimming confirmed!

AhAxZai.png

If I wanna screen cap stuff or take a video, do I have to sign in with PSN and all that junk? I either can't find a definitive "no you don't" or read from places that talk like they assume I sign in all the time.

But every time I want to save something with the Share button it asks me to sign into stuff. I want to record things for my own sake but I don't want to link my PS4 to stuff like Facebook and don't want to have to be signed in/connected to the internet to use the capturing. Can I do that? Or is that what this is about -- soon I'll be able to do that?

You don't need to be signed into facebook or twitter as I am not and still take screenshots etc.

You probably have to be signed into an active user account for the PS4 though [don't need PS+ or anything though]

I want a firmware update that would not force me to mute the tv so that sound does not came both from HDMI and Optic Out at the same time

Got the same problem.

I wouldn't call this a problem. I have every component going through my HD receiver then to my TV but I have my TV's speakers turned down to zero. I don't even know what my Panny's speakers sound like.

Why not just turn the volume down as low as it can go? I never understood people who go as far as cutting the cable cords going to their TV speakers just so they don't work.

kyser73

This is a completely BULLSHIT excuse. I'm sorry but basic functionality that your previous system had is not an unreasonable expectation. I'm not expecting backwards compatibility, or playing PS3 games upressed. I'm expecting simple basic things like MP3 support, DNLA support, Bluetooth headset support, 3D Bluray support etc. These are BASIC functions that should have been there day one. These are basic things that should have been worked on and finished early on. I mean shit they already have a bluetooth stack on the fucking thing for their controllers.

We should NOT accept the dropping of BASIC FUNCTIONALITY because of architecture change.

It's like a post from a pre-launch thread travelled through time!

Seriously if you're still not over the lack of non-core features, why'd you buy the console? Maybe to play games on?

PS4 haz no geams tho (am I doing it right?)

May16

You don't need to be signed into facebook or twitter as I am not and still take screenshots etc.

You probably have to be signed into an active user account for the PS4 though [don't need PS+ or anything though]

Oh, really? That's great news. Thanks for the help. :)

gatti-man

It's like a post from a pre-launch thread travelled through time!

Seriously if you're still not over the lack of non-core features, why'd you buy the console? Maybe to play games on?

PS4 haz no geams tho (am I doing it right?)
I bought it because I trusted sony to get it done quickly. It had not been done quickly. Now I'm getting angry. In my experience sony is usually good with their word but they have been very silent on 3d bluray support and I swear they spoke about streaming 4k support as well that now they are silent about.

rbanke

I bought it because I trusted sony to get it done quickly. It had not been done quickly. Now I'm getting angry. In my experience sony is usually good with their word but they have been very silent on 3d bluray support and I swear they spoke about streaming 4k support as well that now they are silent about.

Pro-Tip, buy things for what they are at the time of purchase, not what they're promised to be and you'll never be let down.

Sounds like a lot of good things are coming, though with streaming I hope they increase the bitrate also, 1700 doesn't work too well with super quick encoders which both these next gen consoles seem to use.

thatJohann

Can you add a friggin option to sort screenshots from newest to oldest. I hate having to scroll for 3 minutes to get to my last screenshot every single time I want to tweet it.

USC-fan

Banned
In the next major PS4 firmware update (Version 1.7) we should see reasonable update sizes on the new console. Right now, you're basically re-downloading every update each time we release a Game Update or Hotfix. So, regardless of how small the change we're introducing, you'll see a large download. If all goes to plan, we should see better patching in ~3 months.

DCUO producer question on why PS4 game updates were so big compared to PS3.

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...mazon-fury-part-i.196943/page-38#post-2416394

Can you add a friggin option to sort screenshots from newest to oldest. I hate having to scroll for 3 minutes to get to my last screenshot every single time I want to tweet it.

It does this automatically ... unless you changed the sorting option and forgot about it.

The top screenshot will be your most recent one.

Or, just Options > Sort by and change it there.

Any word on when this firmware update is to hit? Exporting to USB is HUGE to me. Can finally upload uncompressed screens AND stop using the god awful facebook video player for my shared videos

rothbart

Awesome, no HDCP means I can record my PS4 properly now

You do realize that for say $24 you could record your PS4 properly right now... right? My ElGato is already pleased...

Wow, I literally got mine last week and Amazon (and comments) are saying the model's been updated to not strip HDCP. Other splitters out there do the same thing though...

Batzi

Banned
I want and I am sure most of you want the same:

1- HDCP off option
2- Automatically mute Stereo when using 5.1 channel
3- Fix the recording issues when using the Share button to record a clip.

Main issue with the recording: Many clips do not record or save. It's like the "Share" chooses randomly what to save. That's really annoying, specially when you think you have recorded what might be your best playthrough in a game or a COD multiplayer game.

4- Increase recording length from 15 to 30 mins
5- Fix the 5.1 issue with Netflix which perfectly works on PS3. (Might be an issue with the Netflix app itself)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I simply wish screenshots were saved at a higher quality. While using a capture card works best, I simply don't have my PS4 connected to my PC at all times and the share button is super convenient.

Would be even more amazing if you could synchronize your screenshots online and retrieve them immediately from a PC.

mattp

4- Increase recording length from 15 to 30 mins

i dont think this one is that easy because they need to allocate more ram(or do they just have a fixed amount of flash storage for this?) in order to hold a bigger buffer than 15minutes

Have the feeling it's coming first week of April.

i dont think this one is that easy because they need to allocate more ram(or do they just have a fixed amount of flash storage for this?) in order to hold a bigger buffer than 15minutes

Not more ram, just more efficient ram. PS3 latest FW has so many new features added and yet the OS footprint kept shrinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom