• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW 1.7 coming soon (HDCP off, Export video to USB, & Video Editor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
From what the leaker at the other forum stated, all the Share issues should be corrected with this coming update as well.

Anyone think there's a chance of giving us a playtime tracker? It's my favourite OS-level feature of the 3DS and Wii U, and I miss it terribly on the PS3, PS4 and Vita.
This! I've asked this on so many places on the Internet with no answer to show.

Would love this on PS4 AND Vita

S¡mon

Banned

dallow_bg

nods at old men
S¡mon;106546238 said:
He didn't say "people disappointed with Share bugs would be happy as well". He didn't mention "bug"/"bugs" at all. He said people who like sharing, will be happy as well - and than he could easily reference to the new video editor for sharing.

It's implied because there are a number of people in that thread complaining about the issues with the Share function not working as intended. He was talking to them as well.

Vashetti

Banned
Is anyone else bothered that we can't sort the Trophy list alphabetically?

Anyone know if that's coming in 1.70?

What about the basic ability to pause and resume downloads?!

S¡mon;106546238 said:
He didn't say "people disappointed with Share bugs would be happy as well". He didn't mention "bug"/"bugs" at all. He said people who like sharing, will be happy as well - and than he could easily reference to the new video editor for sharing.

It's implied because there are a number of people in that thread complaining about the issues with the Share function not working as intended. He was talking to them as well.

there was another quote "1.70 sounds like it will sort a lot of problems with share out.......". this sounds like a fix and I hope it is.

Same, I really want it to work properly to save my stuff.

it's a damn shame it never worked 100% right out of the box because you would have many more people making videos. As of right now I never think to use it anymore because I know it wont record properly, even with the bug fixed a future date your going to have people gloss over the feature because it wasn't working for so long.

Shinjiru

Anyone think there's a chance of giving us a playtime tracker? It's my favourite OS-level feature of the 3DS and Wii U, and I miss it terribly on the PS3, PS4 and Vita.
This would be awesome. I hope it's something that gets added eventually.

mollipen

Is anyone else bothered that we can't sort the Trophy list alphabetically?

At this point in life, I can only conclude that everyone working at Sony either (a) hate alphabetical sorting or (b) don't understand that we have an alphabet and want to sort according to it.

To this day, we STILL don't have alphabetical sorting for folders on the PS3.

Pause/resume downloads
Ability to upload multiple screenshots. unless you can and im not seeing how to.
DNLA Support
Folders on the home screen.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
It's already there, it's just up to devs to use it.
The ability to take over another players game is linked to PlayStation Now. So until that isn't rolled out, there is no taking over.

You have the interactivity by voting on random stuff which is up for developers.

I'm only waiting for suspend/resume which is the most important feature.

Not much of a prediction (read: I have no inside info) as this is almost inevitable, but firmware 2.0 will be a bombshell of epic proportions. Suspend/Resume, DLNA, possibly custom themes for the dash, MP3 support, all rolled out shortly following Sony's E3 conference where they'll be announced and demoed live on stage.
That is a very reasonable prediction and I hope it holds true. Hopefully it will also include 3D BR support. If this happens, I can finally say goodbye to my phat PS3 (or maybe I'll just put it in my bedroom for some occasional legacy gaming).

8byte

Banned
I doubt any custom theme stuff will be rolling out anytime soon. I just don't see Sony giving up any OS resources for theme's, they'll almost certainly stop at Wallpapers (at the most, IMO).

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
At this point in life, I can only conclude that everyone working at Sony either (a) hate alphabetical sorting or (b) don't understand that we have an alphabet and want to sort according to it.

I was just moaning about this yesterday. Maddening.

The Llama

I doubt any custom theme stuff will be rolling out anytime soon. I just don't see Sony giving up any OS resources for theme's, they'll almost certainly stop at Wallpapers (at the most, IMO).

Eh, they have ~3GB of RAM reserved for the OS (I can't think of what other system resources a custom theme would use). Remember that at first the PS4 only had 4GB of RAM, so surely they designed the vast majority of the OS to use <3GB of RAM (my guess is 1.5GB, which they doubled to 3GB when they doubled the total RAM, but again that just a complete guess). Thus, while I could see them not wanting to use resources for themes, I'm sure they have the ability to do it.

Spinluck

how about notifications that your friend signed on??

Yeah, some people are saying that since the friend list got an expansive update this time, it would be annoying to get those constant updates.

But an easy solution to that is allowing us to choose which friends trigger notifications -__-

Eh, they have ~3GB of RAM reserved for the OS (I can't think of what other system resources a custom theme would use). Remember that at first the PS4 only had 4GB of RAM, so surely they designed the vast majority of the OS to use <3GB of RAM (my guess is 1.5GB, which they doubled to 3GB when they doubled the total RAM, but again that just a complete guess). Thus, while I could see them not wanting to use resources for themes, I'm sure they have the ability to do it.

To my knowledge it was never released how much RAM the OS takes up, everything you're saying is speculation. The only articles I've ever seen were guesses based on what Sony had said.

TalonJH

They do get a spot there, but people can only actually watch what you share if you're friends on FB (or you set it to public, I assume). It's still a FB video that just gets linked on your feed, so FB privacy settings apply.

This is correct. I ended up creating a separate "game" Facebook account so I could change my profile picture and upload videos/pictures without harming my main Facebook account wall.

androvsky

It's a conscious decision. We do have alphabetical sorting for folders on the PS3, just check your music folders. For whatever reason Sony doesn't want people sorting games by name. My guess is since the default (and only?) sorting method for games is by most recently installed, they want to make sure people can find the games they just installed instead of hiding it in a list... which is stupid since when they introduced folders, new installs go to the Unknown folder.

TalonJH

I don't need to see invites from 2 years ago that I can't accept anymore. If I can't accept it then it should disappear without having to delete it.

Well you should probably be happy that your PS4's time travel functions having invites from 2 years ago. JK

Seriously, your right, notifications stay in the list for far too long.

TalonJH

Yeah, I was trying to capture stuff while playing inFamous and couldn't figure it out. It seemed completely random what it captured.

Infamous and BF4 are the two that I've had the most trouble with. Most of my other games work fine with the share. The funny thing it the Final Fantasy Beta worked better than any full game I've had when it comes to sharing.

how about notifications that your friend signed on??

this would only work with the added ability to set specific friends to have notifications. the 2000 friend limit would be trouble.

Infamous and BF4 are the two that I've had the most trouble with. Most of my other games work fine with the share. The funny thing it the Final Fantasy Beta worked better than any full game I've had when it comes to sharing.

to reproduce the bug you need to be playing longer than the 15minute buffer. trying to use the feature an hour into your play session would be the best way to test it.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
To my knowledge it was never released how much RAM the OS takes up, everything you're saying is speculation. The only articles I've ever seen were guesses based on what Sony had said.
Naughty Dog programmer recently said games have access to 5GB. Plugging that into mathematics tools reveals more than 3GB for the rest.

Whether or not he was being precise to a lay-audience I don't know, but it's a good baseline.

this would only work with the added ability to set specific friends to have notifications. the 2000 friend limit would be trouble.
I don't use twitter but the follower model is so much more powerful than being friends. Add to that Google Plus circles on which you can set various settings with how much of your stuff they see of you and how much they should populate your feed and you have a great base system.

funkypie

Banned
I would love it if the internet browser would support flash. The ps3 does but is too underpowered and its ram holds it back, nearly impossible to stream most flash videos because of the lack of ram.

level44

to reproduce the bug you need to be playing longer than the 15minute buffer. trying to use the feature an hour into your play session would be the best way to test it.

I'm willing to bet the majority of people will only stay with a moderate amount of friends therefore notifications not being a problem.

VanWinkle

Yup I recently had the problem in Killzone Shadow Fall for the first time recently which frustrated me to no end because I had a great game. It stopped recording like 1/3rd into the match despite me pressing the share button like 30 seconds after the match was over. Also happens to my brother often in Call of Duty Ghosts which made him give up on the feature.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah, I was trying to capture stuff while playing inFamous and couldn't figure it out. It seemed completely random what it captured.

The only way to guarantee that something is captured is to press Share some time before you expect it to happen. That will force a new 15-minute recording to get started, and as long as you do the cool stuff within 15 minutes it's guaranteed to be in the capture. Of course, you usually don't know when something awesome will happen before it does (which is the entire point of how it's supposed to work), so to make sure you don't miss anything you'll have to keep pressing Share every 15 minutes so that everything gets captured. Or Sony could just fix this shit.

TalonJH

I know, I didn't have the problem in Thief, Knack, Killzone and a few others but I've had a number of games that have the problem every once in a while.

...and then there is BF4 and Infamous where It almost never records. Hell, Infamous wouldn't stream for me at first. It looked like it was streaming but on Twitch.TV, the broadcast was black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom