• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW 1.7 coming soon (HDCP off, Export video to USB, & Video Editor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattp

Have the feeling it's coming first week of April.

Not more ram, just more efficient ram. PS3 latest FW has so many new features added and yet the OS footprint kept shrinking.

yeah but it seems to me that if they freed up enough ram to double the video recording buffer that ram would be better put to use elsewhere. 30minutes is a long time to go back

I'm wondering if the sharing feature is what's holding back the app. Does the app on Xbox One provide an upload feature?

Isn't it the weird Youtube policy that prevents people putting up certain videos because of the soundtrack/content? Putting up Full Boost matches got some videoes taken down minutes later, probably due to the music.

Obviously this doesn't apply to the whole, but I'm sure Sony didn't want to deal with that until things got finalized and Youtube stopped being so anal.

FiggyCal

Banned
What unannounced fratured do you guys think will be included?? I hope sign in status notifications are included..

They pretty much got everything right.

Maybe the ability to change themes. The ability to change names.

The ability to make gifs with the share button.

Yoday

Things I want that haven't already been announced or hinted at:

- Sorting options for the library such as alphabetical, most popular, and most recently used.
- The ability to hide items in the library so that I don't have to see demo's and apps if I don't want to.
- The ability to limit the number of games that show up on the content bar such as only showing the 5,10,15 most recently played games.
- Remote support including Bluetooth command support so I can use my harmony remote adapter that I have for my PS3.
- Background customization (I like the current one, but the option would be nice and seems rather basic).

mitchman

Gold Member
yeah but it seems to me that if they freed up enough ram to double the video recording buffer that ram would be better put to use elsewhere. 30minutes is a long time to go back

I think the video recording is using the 256MB ram reserved for that ARM chip. Could be wrong, but I seem to remember that was the case.

DBT85

i dont think this one is that easy because they need to allocate more ram(or do they just have a fixed amount of flash storage for this?) in order to hold a bigger buffer than 15minutes

They said they are going to boost the time you can record for.

No reason the record can't save chunks to the HDD while it is happening.

What unannounced feature do you guys think will be included?? I hope sign in status notifications are included..

Yes, this would be nice. Like on XBL (360) and Steam, it should let us know when our friends get online and have another notification if they're playing the same game as you. Also, the ability to change online status i.e. Online, Away, Busy, Appear offline.

S¡mon

Banned
For what it is worth, I heard that this update is coming out April 8. I'm not an insider, but I heard this from someone that I believe has the knowledge to know. Just posting this for the sake of discussion, don't want to give false hopes.

Synless

I simply wish screenshots were saved at a higher quality. While using a capture card works best, I simply don't have my PS4 connected to my PC at all times and the share button is super convenient.

Would be even more amazing if you could synchronize your screenshots online and retrieve them immediately from a PC.
I don't understand why we don't get options for the quality we want to save them as. I mean, it's my hard drive space, give me the options.

S¡mon;106534250 said:
For what it is worth, I heard that this update is coming out April 8. I'm not an insider, but I heard this from someone that I believe has the knowledge to know. Just posting this for the sake of discussion, don't want to give false hopes.

are system updates usually pushed out on tuesdays?

cjdunn

Usually... (via Wiki)
PS3
4.50 - October 1, 2013 - Tuesday
4.53 - December 4, 2013 - Wednesday
4.55 - February 5, 2014 - Wednesday

PS4
1.52 - December 11, 2013 - Wednesday
1.60 - February 4, 2014 - Tuesday
1.61 - February 18, 2014 - Tuesday
1.62 - March 18, 2014 - Tuesday

TalonJH

I'm wondering if the sharing feature is what's holding back the app. Does the app on Xbox One provide an upload feature?

No, but there is a work around. You upload to MS One Drive(Like Dropbox) and then that service like Dropbox can share to other services.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Should be two separate things. There's a standalone API for uploading to YT that doesn't require a whole app to utilize.

Mondy

Banned
Not much of a prediction (read: I have no inside info) as this is almost inevitable, but firmware 2.0 will be a bombshell of epic proportions. Suspend/Resume, DLNA, possibly custom themes for the dash, MP3 support, all rolled out shortly following Sony's E3 conference where they'll be announced and demoed live on stage.

Not much of a prediction (read: I have no inside info) as this is almost inevitable, but firmware 2.0 will be a bombshell of epic proportions. Suspend/Resume, DLNA, possibly custom themes for the dash, MP3 support, all rolled out shortly following Sony's E3 conference where they'll be announced and demoed live on stage.

Firmware 2.0: Where you get things that were supposed to be there at launch

I really wish we could upload pictures and videos to the What's New page on the PS4. I mean it pretty much is a Facebook wall for trophies and friend activity, it would make sense to be able to see the share button content. This solves a lot of people's problems about not wanting to post stuff on Facebook or twitter. It would also make me actually want to look at the What's new page.

That and the library needs a lot of work, it is literally a PS Store download list at this point. It needs folders, sorting, and the ability to hide/delete games and demos you've deleted.

I really wish we could upload pictures and videos to the What's New page on the PS4. I mean it pretty much is a Facebook wall for trophies and friend activity, it would make sense to be able to see the share button content. This solves a lot of people's problems about not wanting to post stuff on Facebook or twitter. It would also make me actually want to look at the What's new page.

That and the library needs a lot of work, it is literally a PS Store download list at this point. It needs folders, sorting, and the ability to hide/delete games and demos you've deleted.

when video and pictures are pushed to FB/twitter they also get a space on Whats New. i think the problem is nobody really does it that much and when they do it's buggy and doesn't display properly 100% of the time.

here's my feed with two people posting
1909132_1441980086046236_142742832_o.jpg

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Have they said anything about fixing the broken video recording? Infamous has seriously not done it right once for me; unless I manually press Share (which forces a new clip to get started) before doing something I think I'll want to share, the last recorded footage is always way older than it should be (like, the first 15 minutes of my current play session rather than the most recent 15). So the whole "share the cool thing that just happened" thing is completely broken, you have to plan for it instead.

when video and pictures are pushed to FB/twitter they also get a space on Whats New. i think the problem is nobody really does it that much and when they do it's buggy and doesn't display properly 100% of the time.

here's my feed with two people posting

They do get a spot there, but people can only actually watch what you share if you're friends on FB (or you set it to public, I assume). It's still a FB video that just gets linked on your feed, so FB privacy settings apply.

Griss

Anyone think there's a chance of giving us a playtime tracker? It's my favourite OS-level feature of the 3DS and Wii U, and I miss it terribly on the PS3, PS4 and Vita.

Have they said anything about fixing the broken video recording? Infamous has seriously not done it right once for me; unless I manually press Share (which forces a new clip to get started) before doing something I think I'll want to share, the last recorded footage is always way older than it should be (like, the first 15 minutes of my current play session rather than the most recent 15). So the whole "share the cool thing that just happened" thing is completely broken, you have to plan for it instead.

still broken and this tweet from Shu makes it seem like they're still trying to figure out wtf is going on. probably wont get a fix in the next FW update.

original

reKon

Banned
Are people seriously more upset about MP3 playback over DLNA? GTFO with that. DLNA is much more important for a console like this.

Skilletor

Are people seriously more upset about MP3 playback over DLNA? GTFO with that. DLNA is much more important for a console like this.

What if, and just hear me out for a second, what if a person used mp3 playback more than DLNA? I know, crazy that people would use different things than you and have a different outlook, but just think about it for a second? Wouldn't those people prefer the feature they use over one they don't?

RedAssedApe

Banned

You can sort of do this just by setting the Facebook share option to Only Me.

no, but I think most people want music playback period. when I say I want MP3 playback in my games I don't care if it's playing from the HDD or streaming from my PC.

Griss

Never used DLNA, and don't know what it is. Used mp3 support all the time on my PS3. Of course one would matter more to me than the other.

quickwhips

I don't need to see invites from 2 years ago that I can't accept anymore. If I can't accept it then it should disappear without having to delete it.

The Llama

I'm surprised either of these are so much in demand, tbh. No one I know IRL ever used either of these features.

still broken and this tweet from Shu makes it seem like they're still trying to figure out wtf is going on. probably wont get a fix in the next FW update.

original

Ugh, I seriously don't even bother with the share button anymore. After launch, it basically never worked right for me.

It will gladly capture the 15 minutes I spend idling at a menu but refuse to capture the last minute where I did a cool jump attack or implemented a cool strategy.

Skilletor

Ugh, I seriously don't even bother with the share button anymore. After launch, it basically never worked right for me.

It will gladly capture the 15 minutes I spend idling at a menu but refuse to capture the last minute where I did a cool jump attack or implemented a cool strategy.

Yeah, I was trying to capture stuff while playing inFamous and couldn't figure it out. It seemed completely random what it captured.

Yeah, I was trying to capture stuff while playing inFamous and couldn't figure it out. It seemed completely random what it captured.

it's simply borked for many people. oddly enough a few times it did work for me in AC4 but that was just testing it out trying to see if it was game related. I missed a shitload of funny moments in BF4 because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom