• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 price cut in EU starting October 21, now starting at €349

myco666

16776052f2a81f074f8fftvu9s.jpg

This probably applies to all Scandinavian countries. You just can't stand next to other people since they might even say "Hey" to you.

This is ridiculous. Couldn't you just pre-order the console and pick it up from the store? Never been into a console launch though but I doubt it looked same here.

Nerix

This is ridiculous. Couldn't you just pre-order the console and pick it up from the store? Never been into a console launch though but I doubt it looked same here.
Some retailers kept a contigent for free sale (for those people, who didn´t get pre order for release day). Probably they won´t do it next time :D

El-Suave

Most of the videos are from a major retailer called Media Markt. They love spectacle and they're quite unscrupulous. They wouldn't think of organizing things properly i.e. by handing out tickets to the people waiting outside and cutting off the line at some point.

Rolf NB

So awesome, been waiting for this.

Still kind of unclear on harddrive upgrading. Have to make a choice between 1TB OOB, or 500GB + 1.75TB Spinpoint M9T.

Xater

Of course you could. That was the exception not the rule. Makes for good gifs though.

Hell I didn't leave my home. I just got mine from Amazon.

DieH@rd

Banned

Many EU retailers did not allow for preorders. And even if they did, certain amount of consoles had to be left for "free purchase" in stores. These consoles were picked out immediately by shoppers.

Another important thing were very small shipments to the continental EU. Sony shipped a lot of launch PS4s to US and UK (which even received expensive air freight shipments), while continental EU faced shortages even up to April of 2014 (six months of almost sold-out state at retailers).

Even though PS4 had the best launch of any console ever, shortages were widespred (even initially in the US and UK).

Faustek

Don't bring all us EU folks into this shit, that was mainland EU and mostly Germany iirc.

Us Swedes had ours preordered and queued nicely and got our consoles without any fuss whatsoever.

Heard that webhallens midnight launch got rowdy though but knowing our standard it was perhaps someone that loudly lamented the choice of Kebab sås they had chosen.

For the Australians:
Its $399 for the 500Gb model at jbhifi.

Theres a deal at eb for the 1Tb model incl halo collection, titanfall, bf4 and nfs rivals for $549 which imo is a gun deal.

Paganmoon

Heard that webhallens midnight launch got rowdy though but knowing our standard it was perhaps someone that loudly lamented the choice of Kebab sås they had chosen.

I was at the Webhallen midnight launch in Gothenburg. First guy to get his PS4 from behind the counter went "wooohoo" people cheered, and clapped. Second guy did the same everyone was like "yeah... we get it". About as "rowdy" as it got.

2thepoint

Wow, as if Euro PS4 sales weren't high enough.

Timed with Star Wars and Call of Duty, PS4 is going to go supernova this Christmas.

Following the Japanese and American price cuts it looks like EU is also getting a price cut for the PlayStation 4 500GB. Expect an official announcement at Paris Games Week in 10 days.

Many Dutch retailers have started advertising the PS4 500GB at €349. Previously always available it now states pre-order now, available on October 21.

Oct 21th is 3 days from now, PGW 10. I don't think they'll announce an official price cut which started a week ago :). To early for thereitis.gif IMHO.

DieH@rd

Banned
40 million before PlayStationVR May/June release? Not impossible.

Q1 2016 game release schedule for PS4 is strong [Witness, Mirrors Edge, FC Primal, DE:MD, Gravity Rush Remaster, Division, Hitman, Street Fighter V, Uncharted 4 and possibly new Ratchet reboot]...

...so anything is possible.

We know very little of Q2, Dark Souls 3 is there and nothing else officially so far.

Can't see them dropping the price and then announcing it 6 days later. Normally you announce a price drop before doing it :p

Probably announce tomorrow at the latest if they are doing it on the 21st.

I hope Sony have built enough PS4 for this holidays.....
good question.
price is down everywhere around the world - and as with launch it will be most important to meet demand in the US and UK first.
Rest of the world is lower priority.
Sony does not lose those customers anyway. They will wait. Even if they have no PS4 for christmas.

In video form for those that have never seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsKHrWiYu4U
One of the many compilation videos from PS4 launch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYxQtOCdizw

2394726-9860267869-iMYAd.gif

The thirst was real in EU.
wow, here is few more handheld shots from EU launch that I never saw before
https://youtu.be/OsKHrWiYu4U

These are not (solely) from the PS4 launch.
The ones with the biggest crowds are from MediaMarkt 2 for 1 special offers in germany, where you get the cheapest item you buy for free (or half the price) and from new market openings with special offers.

The biggest chaos was the opening of the new market in Berlin Alexanderplatz in 2007:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rp1I6_R93o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WfM7xiH2Ck
http://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/webwelt/article1177330/Das-sind-keine-Menschen-das-sind-Tiere.html

Past midnight here in France, big retailer Micromania has updated with the new prices.

PS4 500 Go [349,99€]
PS4 1 To [399,99€]

PS4 1 To + Assassin's Creed Syndicate [399,99€]
PS4 1 To + Star Wars Battlefront [399,99€]
PS4 1 To + COD Black Ops III [399,99€]

PS4 Collector 1 To + Star Wars Battlefront [429,99€]
PS4 Collector 1 To + COD Black Ops III [429,99€]

Top Bottom