• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sold (to consumers) 4.2 million units as of Dec. 28 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really impressed, wow!

Would love to buy one too except there isn't a single game out yet that I want.
I think Thief is the first one...

njean777

Unless both of PS4/X1 sell an extra 50 million units each (at least 130 million units) the market is going to contract. And most projections seem to place the contraction as far larger than this.

Most projections are saying the market will be smaller this generation than the PS2 generation. I don't know if that means doomed, but it definitely doesn't mean thriving.

Didn't know future speculating was a serious career.

j0rI9sdWdjGR.png

Claiming this if no one else has.

So where are the folks who insisted that the WiiU flopped because console gaming was dying and that the PS4/One were to have the same fate?

"The Wii U did great during launch too. (ignore shipped to retailers instead of sold through to customers and ignore the fact that the shipped to retail number is much lower than what sony sold to customers) We'll see the real demand later this year."

Or something to that variation

Nintendo is getting stomped by Sony and Microsoft. Damn.
Wii U selling poorly is a sign f things to come for MS and Sony...yeah right!

Nintendo, please note that when you make shit that people see no appeal to, it'll fail. Good luck next time. Also, please keep up your anti consumer region locking and digital library locked to system. Consumers know when to say fuck you.

deadpixel

Banned
This is big news for the gaming industry. 7+ million next gen console out the doors. Studios will be switching gears to support the PS4 and X1 sooner than I thought.

excitement is excitement, enjoy it whenever you can.

and mind you, a lot of people thought the console market was dying/dead at the start of this year.

If by people you mean knee jerk "pundits" then sure. Still very glad to see such success from both companies right outta the gate.

I honestly didn't expect EITHER company to hit 3 mill before 2014... Wii U really am cry....

Fucking bravo those two. Fucking bravo!!

SykoTech

Glad to see such high numbers for the PS4. The Xbone too. Console gaming is alive and well.

Get your act together next round Nintendo, and you'll thrive too.

Into

If the great sales of XB1 and PS4 isn't enough for people who thought that to change their views then they are in complete denial.

This

Both have done exceptionally well, sadly one doing better than the other will steer discussion into a vs. type debate, but it really shouldn't.

7.2 million new consoles were sold in the span of a month and a half (roughly) and that is not including Japan for both companies. That is impressive on its own, then you factor their prices of 399 and 499 and it is fantastic.

ironcreed

Banned
Wow, quite impressive considering console gaming is doomed and all. So much for everyone throwing away their systems for phones and tablets.

So the PS4 has a 40% lead over Xbone out of the gate while being completely supply constrained. Is it time for MS to panic yet? The Xbone is going to get killed in 2014 at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom