• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 & Switch are both outselling Xbox One S while at full price $299 with no games bundled in vs Xbox One S at $219 with a game (on Amazon)

DanielsM

Banned
Not a stick but FireTV like device , removing the disc drive & going to 7nm could bring the size down a lot ,

Gotacha. Doubt you're getting that small next gen or even close to it (unless its very underpowered or a thin-client), but not sure it really matters. At some point the size can be a deterrent (original Xbox and maybe PS3), but not say at ps4 size, the ps4 and the ps4 slim are a decent size - air flow comes to mind. Also, you're going to need at least a 2tb ssd in there. (if size was that important we would all be using the ps TV)

I've seen these bad boys at target I believe for sub $20 without the controller back in the day. Not saying you couldn't be correct.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationtv/systems/

Last edited:
How am I lying when I just posted the $219 Xbox One S with NBA2K19 at walmart also?

Because it contradicts your thread and it's from a private third party seller.

Also it's a different bundle that's not that price on amazon.

Also you still have produced the Amazon link of AMAZON selling the $219 Xbox Minecraft bundle.

You're literally nothing but a shit trash liar. And tripling down on it.

Klayzer

I love Xbox, and do sometimes sound a little too on their side. But I own and enjoy all consoles. I do have a preference yes, but I have no horse to back. As long as good games come, I’m golden.

That said, oh man... I hope to god that next gen MS comes out swinging and totally wipes the floor with Sony, just to see the salt all over the Internet. It will be glorious. The meltdowns will be glorious. I mean threads like this exist purely because of a single threads positive MS news... How sad...
I would also be entertained watching the Xbox fandom flip-flop from engagement numbers to sales being the most important metric again. All this services is the future pr world vanish in an instant in my opinion.

S not worth buying. X only worth buying Xbox console.

Also MS doesn't care about hardware sales if they cared then we wouldn't have got pc version of exclusives

DanielsM

Banned
I would also be entertained watching the Xbox fandom flip-flop from engagement numbers to sales being the most important metric again. All this services is the future pr world vanish in an instant in my opinion.
Microsoft isn't going backwards (in their eyes), the sales are mostly meaningless, although they would like to keep as many customers as possible while they created the services. (I do get your point though :))

Last edited:
In stock here direct from amazon and not third party, as well as the red dead bundle.

You can’t judge these things as perfect ways to judge sales. Granted I’m sure ps4 often leads Xbox in sales, but... who cares, seriously?

This thread is pure fanboy, console war bait.

No-one said the Jungle company is a perfect way to judge sales. But their sales trends are very indicative of wider sales rates for sure.

meirl

Banned
Like seriously. (On Amazon) destroyed everything. You should have put this first instead of wasting all our time.

onQ123

Because it contradicts your thread and it's from a private third party seller.

Also it's a different bundle that's not that price on amazon.

Also you still have produced the Amazon link of AMAZON selling the $219 Xbox Minecraft bundle.

You're literally nothing but a shit trash liar. And tripling down on it.

Boy if you don't sit down somewhere crying , you know it's sold out

Boy if you don't sit down somewhere crying , you know it's sold out

The link doesnt exist. Sold out listenings still have pages. There's no history of it. It also was a discontinued model by a third party seller.

You're not only a liar but you are trying to use limited quantity third party sellers to decive people that low prices somehow equal performance. When it doesn't. You will be dealt once they see your contradicting OP and later posts.

onQ123

The link doesnt exist. Sold out listenings still have pages. There's no history of it. It also was a discontinued model by a third party seller.

You're not only a liar but you are trying to use limited quantity third party sellers to decive people that low prices somehow equal performance. When it doesn't. You will be dealt once they see your contradicting OP and later posts.

LOL Xbox One S was $219 with Minecraft that bundle sold out & now it's being replaced with the Anthem bundle , why would I randomly lie & say it was $219? you can even see that the NBA 2K19 bundle is still $224 on Amazon & it's $219 on Walmart

Nice attempt at getting the thread closed though

LOL Xbox One S was $219 with Minecraft that bundle sold out & now it's being replaced with the Anthem bundle , why would I randomly lie & say it was $219? you can even see that the NBA 2K19 bundle is still $224 on Amazon & it's $219 on Walmart

Nice attempt at getting the thread closed though

Now your backtracking your original statement. Why would anthem replace the Minecraft bundle?

The Minecraft bundle is still on Amazon. You seem to have screwed up so badly you confused yourself.

Also again third party limited quantity seller. Just give them time to find this thread so they can lock it.

Also NBA Wal-Mart again, which doesnt prove your point at all. Since its also a limited quantity third party seller FROM A different site.

So if I find a seller on Sears witj the PS4 at $206 is Ps4 doomed? Is that your argument???

This is desperate.

Tripolygon

Banned
Now your backtracking your original statement. Why would anthem replace the Minecraft bundle?

The Minecraft bundle is still on Amazon. You seem to have screwed up so badly you confused yourself.

Also again third party limited quantity seller. Just give them time to find this thread so they can lock it.

Also NBA Wal-Mart again, which doesnt prove your point at all. Since its also a limited quantity third party seller FROM A different site.

So if I find a seller on Sears witj the PS4 at $206 is Ps4 doomed? Is that your argument???

This is desperate.
I find the only desperation here is actually you. The thread has got you so salty you keep calling for it to be closed, that's pretty desperate.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

I am not really following the point the OP is trying to make . It's really simple logic. The console that has the games sell the most . Microsoft can come next month with another more powerful console that can call it next gen and it will still like shit if games are not there .

Sony and Nintendo sell because of their exclusive game line up.

People that just want absolute power will probably go PC and not an Xbox.

MS is killed the Xbox brand the minute they announced their games are coming to PC. Yes they do not care what where you buy the game. But that move while it's awesome for the gamers in general, it rendered the Xbox almost useless unless your PC is from the ice age.

And on top of that they only recently they got some high quality developers aside from the 2 teams at Forza, 343, Gears team ( forgot what they called ) and recently ninja theory.

I think MS buying studios was a smart move . But I am assuming all these are to go big next gen.

They made big mistakes this gen prior to release of the console till mid of the gen, I am surprised they even sold around 40 million consoles.

With these developers with them, and hopefully another big AAA team, they will have enough line up of games to release 2 AAA games per year plus few smaller games .

onQ123

This is desperate.

I'm not back tracking anything what are you even talking about? if I was trying to make a Xbox One is doom thread I could have easily used the prices cheaper than $219 ,

uoEiAW.jpg

Tripolygon

Banned
I am not really following the point the OP is trying to make . It's really simple logic. The console that has the games sell the most . Microsoft can come next month with another more powerful console that can call it next gen and it will still like shit if games are not there .
I think the point is, all the thread about how Microsoft is turning the ship is literally bullshit especially when it comes to sales of consoles. The sales are actually slowing down and there is no way in hell they reach 60 million before next gen starts or in the next 2 years. Just taking January 2019 NPD numbers for instance Xbox One sales are down a whopping 50+% compared to 2018 while PS4 dropped ~20%. February numbers are not out yet but current estimates put Switch at the top, PS4 2nd place and Xbox One 3rd with sales again dropping for the PS4 and Xbox One.

Now, there is a turn around in the public image of Xbox especially with their studio acquisitions which is very good in my book. They were lacking in the studio department and output compared to their competition this gen but they are locked and loaded ready for the fight next gen. Also Microsoft is doing a lot of next gen talks, and there is a lot of public chatter about their cloud gaming platform which is due to be beta tested by the end of the year. All these are fresh in the public eye so yea i would say the public image of Xbox is indeed improving in my book.
Lol. Waring over something you care nothing about, Onq. Bravo. Thread needs more fp16, though.
Way to prove my point mate. What does that have to do with the thread?

Last edited:
I think the point is, all the thread about how Microsoft is turning the ship is literally bullshit especially when it comes to sales of consoles. The sales are actually slowing down and there is no way in hell they reach 60 million before next gen starts or in the next 2 years. Just taking January 2019 NPD numbers for instance Xbox One sales are down a whopping 50+% compared to 2018 while PS4 dropped ~20%. February numbers are not out yet but current estimates put Switch at the top, PS4 2nd place and Xbox One 3rd with sales again dropping for the PS4 and Xbox One.

Now, there is a turn around in the public image of Xbox especially with their studio acquisitions which is very good in my book. They were lacking in the studio department and output compared to their competition this gen but they are locked and loaded ready for the fight next gen. Also Microsoft is doing a lot of next gen talks, and there is a lot of public chatter about their cloud gaming platform which is due to be beta tested by the end of the year. All these are fresh in the public eye so yea i would say the public image of Xbox is indeed improving in my book.

Way to prove my point mate. What does that have to do with the thread?
He likes to try and make facts out of shaky evidence. This thread is just another in a long line. That comment was a dig at such things.

What war? lol

Lol. Waring over something you care nothing about, Onq. Bravo. Thread needs more fp16, though.

Hey, onQ, about Luv, yeah, he cares about PS4. though. Yet, he called you out for caring about something. Like he "cared" somehow before for an RDR 2 PS4 bundle for example. Why? I dunno! What expect from a guy who came from MisterXmedia site. Like wolf, he changed the skin, onQ, but didn't changed its habits. And yet he claimed the otherwise that he changed. When he says something like this or similar, onQ, just laugh at him. Really.

Introducing the Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Pro Bundle

Considering the advantage Scorpio will have and the lack of a true Sony customized console bundle, I'm not sure what this will accomplish. Does Sony have any timed dlc exclusive content?
So for $400 you still get the inferior version of RDR2, or for $60 you can just buy for X1X that you already own.

Last edited:
i will never understand the coporate loyalty people have over game consoles. theres many reason to chose any of the consoles and it is absolutely possible that xbox gets back on top in terms of sales next gen; it was nt long ago the 360 was the #1 console and with how Microsoft has been handling Xbox the last few years its even more possible. Hate Xbox or not, Microsoft has been fantastic since atleast the one X came out and if the one X and Ps4 pro are any indication then be prepared for a hige comeback next gen.

Ill end uo buying every console like i always do.

Tripolygon

Banned
He likes to try and make facts out of shaky evidence. This thread is just another in a long line. That comment was a dig at such things.
I will have to disagree with you there on this one. Especially coming from someone (YOU) who believed Xbox One had a second GPU hidden in the Xbox One that was just waiting to be activated and how dx12 was going to make Xbox One more powerful than PS4. It is a fact that the PS4 Pro supports RPM, it is a fact that RPM helps improve performance in certain aspects of the rendering pipeline when used. It is just an irrefutable fact, which is not to say that PS4 Pro is more powerful than Xbox One X. On the contrary actually, X is significantly more powerful than Pro especially in its ability to produce 4K or near 4K consistently games.

Here is the thing though, i enjoy a good speculative thread about forward looking technologies and i take them as such, just speculations about next gen technologies, within the bounds of reason of course. I remember when onQ was temp banned or had his thread privileges revoked for suggesting we would get 4K games this gen which a lot of people mocked him for in that thread, as well as other speculation like mid gen refreshes. He has had many such thread speculating about stuff, some pan out and others don't. I also called him out when he suggested that Scorpio 6TF figure could be fp16 and i kept it moving.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Who’s ‘we’? The one or two known fanatics? Does their opinion really matter that much that you needed a make a non-news thread just to prove them wrong over a dead horse argument?

Last edited:

MacReady13

Xbox One S is SHIT, with the consistently worst technical performances for any multiplatform game. Why blow a little less money on a shitty box when you could spend a little more on a better-performing one?

If it wasn’t for the fact that the Xbox One X came out, and that GameStop had a crazy-good trade-in promo going on, I wouldn’t own an XBO today.

I'd say the Switch has the worst multi platform performance by a stretch.

Also, apart from some great exclusives, the option to play 4K Blu Ray films AND a great backwards compat lineup would be enough to sway me to Xbox over PS4...

Last edited:
I'm not back tracking anything what are you even talking about? if I was trying to make a Xbox One is doom thread I could have easily used the prices cheaper than $219 ,

uoEiAW.jpg

That's because the old version says discontinued. Which wasnt $219.

The fact you can't find the listing shows your lying, expect a punishment and a thread lock when the mods are online, you made a troll thread.

It's not even thats its about Xbox, the issue is that you're a fucking trash liar who pulled a fake picture with no link and trying to mess with peoples intelligence. The poster above you is also just as clueless.

You have evaded every call out I've sent your way and not only moved the goal posts but changed the website. You don't have a link because it wasnt listed yesterday, your claim btw, you never saw the $219 xbox one, and even the real one isn't sold by Amazon. You're thread doesnt even have a point. Amazon third party sellers don't prove performance.

There are no retail prices "cheaper" than $219 either, the point of your thread is there's widespread price drops to low prices, yet you lied about the pic in your OP and are using independent third party sellers to spread a false narrative that doesn't even matter. Yet continue to triple down on scumbaggery filled with dishonest posting.

You're a mess OP. A desperate mess.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I just think PS4 and Switch have a better lineup, exclusives, dashboards etc. not that Xbox isn’t good, it was just unattached from the gaming world when they went all “Media first”. Sony backs up their aggressive approach to me, and isn’t dependent on one or two game studios. This is the company that struggled for the majority of last gen right? They have one outstanding generation, it’s like let them have it.

Hey, onQ, about Luv, yeah, he cares about PS4. though. Yet, he called you out for caring about something. Like he "cared" somehow before for an RDR 2 PS4 bundle for example. Why? I dunno! What expect from a guy who came from MisterXmedia site. Like wolf, he changed the skin, onQ, but didn't changed its habits. And yet he claimed the otherwise that he changed. When he says something like this or similar, onQ, just laugh at him. Really.

Introducing the Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Pro Bundle
I will have to disagree with you there on this one. Especially coming from someone (YOU) who believed Xbox One had a second GPU hidden in the Xbox One that was just waiting to be activated and how dx12 was going to make Xbox One more powerful than PS4. It is a fact that the PS4 Pro supports RPM, it is a fact that RPM helps improve performance in certain aspects of the rendering pipeline when used. It is just an irrefutable fact, which is not to say that PS4 Pro is more powerful than Xbox One X. On the contrary actually, X is significantly more powerful than Pro especially in its ability to produce 4K or near 4K consistently games.

Here is the thing though, i enjoy a good speculative thread about forward looking technologies and i take them as such, just speculations about next gen technologies, within the bounds of reason of course. I remember when onQ was temp banned or had his thread privileges revoked for suggesting we would get 4K games this gen which a lot of people mocked him for in that thread, as well as other speculation like mid gen refreshes. He has had many such thread speculating about stuff, some pan out and others don't. I also called him out when he suggested that Scorpio 6TF figure could be fp16 and i kept it moving.
Except I learned my lesson and disavowed all of that nonsense. It seems others here haven't. And it_wasn't_me it_wasn't_me it, you've made it clear several times in PMs that you have vendetta against me so it comes to no surprise you bring it up. People learn and move on. Again, it's clear others want to push their agenda and it is allowed to happen which is why gaming discussions here are very low quality and mostly console war bait or straight up trolling.

Except I learned my lesson and disavowed all of that nonsense. It seems others here haven't. And it_wasn't_me it_wasn't_me it, you've made it clear several times in PMs that you have vendetta against me so it comes to no surprise you bring it up. People learn and move on. Again, it's clear others want to push their agenda and it is allowed to happen which is why gaming discussions here are very low quality and mostly console war bait or straight up trolling.

No, you didn't!!! YOU DIDN'T!!

You calling others for trolling and other shit, but WTF are you doing then?

This is desperate.

Always fun to watch when elite warrior threads backfire with no mercy..instant classic.

Didn't you just get back from a long ban for continuing to harass me? Calm down, cowboy

And? So what. You calling others for trolling and other shit here, yet you doing the same crap here like you did on MrX's site and you claiming today that you learned you lesson and disavowed all of that nonsense. No, you didn't! You didn't learned anything. And the problem is you still trying to convince people here in the opposite. That's straight up brainwashing.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
nobody really wants an Xbox though or MS aren't giving people a reason to buy one.

here in the UK it's not very popular. if i cut off 3 off my fingers i could still count on one hand the people i know who has an xbox. i'd need to count my fingers + toes for all the people i know with a PS4.

1. Playstation - vast majority of people own it.
2. Switch - not a lot but a decent amount of people own it.
3. Xbox - i've only met 2 people since 2013 who play on Xbox.

OK...i had an xbox one too. for like 3 months before i sold it lol. i wouldn't be against buying one but as a PC gamer microsoft really doesn't want me to buy one since they are releasing all their games on PC now. the only reason i'd buy an Xbox today is if i wanted to play Halo. but of course MCC + Infinite are coming to PC so that only leaves Halo 5 and i guess it's just a matter of time before that comes to PC as well.

MS really shot themselves in the foot back in 2013 and they have been playing catch up ever since. they have improved A LOT since 2013 and respect to them. they need to hit the ground running next gen if they want to "win" it but i seriously doubt Xbox will ever do as good as Playstation if they are going to let people play on PC/tablet/mobile through Play Anywhere or streaming.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Why do we keep getting these false stories of a Xbox One turn around & so on when it's lagging behind worse than ever even when you can get it for $80 cheaper than the competition with a game bundled in?
QUOTE]

giphy.gif

nobody really wants an Xbox though or MS aren't giving people a reason to buy one.

here in the UK it's not very popular. if i cut off 3 off my fingers i could still count on one hand the people i know who has an xbox. i'd need to count my fingers + toes for all the people i know with a PS4.

1. Playstation - vast majority of people own it.
2. Switch - not a lot but a decent amount of people own it.
3. Xbox - i've only met 2 people since 2013 who play on Xbox.

I love these stories that are indicative of reality...

I'm in the UK. Of all the people i know with games consoles it goes like this;

2 people have a PS4
0 People have a Switch
The rest have an X Box.

So by my anecdote;

the X Box is the most popular in the UK
The PS4 is not very popular in the UK
The Switch is not sold in the UK

Dumbass

Last edited:
And? So what. You calling others for trolling and other shit here, yet you doing the same crap here like you did on MrX's site and you claiming today that you learned you lesson and disavowed all of that nonsense. No, you didn't! You didn't learned anything. And the problem is you still trying to convince people here in the opposite. That's straight up brainwashing.
Being the disturbed human being you are, I don't expect you to understand. I was referring to believing in anything other than than the hardcore specs available. I don't know what the hell you're on about brainwashing. Whatever this obsession you have with me is unhealthy. I can only imagine you are one of those crazies from that mentally disturbed forum that got shut down from trying to pry into my personal life and spread my personal information in order to appease some bizarre fascination with xbox fans. Get help.

Allandor

Really, why aren't such obvious hate-/console wars-threads not closed?

Really kids, enjoy your console of choice, stop hating everything else.

onQ123

Really, why aren't such obvious hate-/console wars-threads not closed?

Really kids, enjoy your console of choice, stop hating everything else.

There isn't anything hateful about this thread it's just pointing out that PS4 & Switch is selling better than Xbox One S while being full price with no games bundled in while Xbox One S is discounted by as much as $80 with different games bundled in.

onQ123

On another note maybe the DDR3 + a small amount of embedded RAM is paying off right now & allowed Xbox One S to be a lot cheaper to make than PS4 with the 8GB of GDDR5.

The OP has made a thread, using Amazon, to try and show that the Xbox One S is poor selling, when that doesn't really matter because the S was always poor selling.

The reason why the Xbox One is trending in a better spot and why it was up last year was because of the X. The X is what's driving Xbox One sales and not just in the US either. Personally I think they should drop the X to $299 and discontinue the S altogether but I know they make dual profits by keeping the S around since it doesn't have high costs.

But this kind of shows this thread doesn't really tell anyone anything. Everyone already know the S is weak. The reason why the S is cheap is because the X is a better value and has vastly more power while the S has all the problems the original Xbox One had outside a 4k Bluray player which may be one of the main selling points of the S that's left. I don't understand what goal this thread actually has because nothing new is presented.

There are 3 pages of basically nothing happening.

I wouldn't buy an Xbox One when the next gen xbox is around the corner... Even if I didnt own one this gen. This gen is almost over so im saving some $$

It wasn't because of X. It was because of deals throughout whole last year. Especially first half of the year.

I see you're back from your break.

It was the X. If it wasn't the X then 2017 would have sold more than 2018 because 2017 had more deals. It didn't. 2017 also had more games than 2018.

I see you're back from your break.

It was the X. If it wasn't the X then 2017 would have sold more than 2018 because 2017 had more deals. It didn't. 2017 also had more games than 2018.

It wasn't the X, it was the deals for base Xbone throughout 2018, especially the first half of 2018. Base Xbone was 50$ off and more from January 2018 - May 2018.

Last edited:

PocoJoe

Banned
I love these stories that are indicative of reality...

I'm in the UK. Of all the people i know with games consoles it goes like this;

2 people have a PS4
0 People have a Switch
The rest have an X Box.

So by my anecdote;

the X Box is the most popular in the UK
The PS4 is not very popular in the UK
The Switch is not sold in the UK

Dumbass
Yeah it kind of depends which console friend group uses mostly.

Here at Finland it is mostly (sale stats if i remember correctly)

Playstation is clearly number one

I know only 1 gamer whom has xbox, but some have them, still way less popular than playstation (I know +50 people with em from relatives/friends and so on)

switch = hard to tell, havent seen the numbers but it sells clearly worse than in US, never seen switch being sold out, even around the launch, always plenty of them in stores. While PS4 still sells out around xmas and few other months, in some stores at least.

In gaming stores/supermarkets it is like this:

70% of the shelf is ps4 games, rest are for switch/xbox. So I guess that indicates something too.

But it is reality in many countries that playstation is the clear winner by a big margin vs xbox.

It wasn't the X, it was the deals for base Xbone throughout 2018, especially the first half of 2018. Base Xbone was 50$ off and more from January 2018 - May 2018.

At select retailers, and still 2017 had better deals (and more games). It was also cited to be the X. People were talking about X's performance for months. This isn't a debate honestly and you're moving away from the thread topic anyway.

You're also acting the same way you did before which gave you your break in the first place. I would suggest a less aggressive style.

At select retailers, and still 2017 had better deals (and more games). It was also cited to be the X. People were talking about X's performance for months. This isn't a debate honestly and you're moving away from the thread topic anyway.

You're also acting the same way you did before which gave you your break in the first place. I would suggest a less aggressive style.

"select retailers" are Walmart, Amazon, Target, Best-Buy, Gamestop, the biggest one who are under NPD tracking. It's not up to debate. You need to realize that VAST MAJORITY of sales are base consoles, not mid-gen upgrades. So yeah, thanks to the deals of base Xbone and very bad sales numbers in 2017, Xbone was was up, especially in first half of 2018 in US. Those are fucking facts.

Last edited:
It's not up to debate.

It's not, because the X was the cited reason for increased Xbox performance by this forum, the other forum, and other paces for months. 2017 had better deals. Nothing to debate here. It wasn't the deals, period.

Now stop arguing in circles and prepare for the Google conference.

It's not, because the X was the cited reason for increased Xbox performance by this forum, the other forum, and other paces for months. 2017 had better deals. Nothing to debate here. It wasn't the deals, period.

Now stop arguing in circles and prepare for the Google conference.

XboneX's performance were good, but XboneX didn't do the vast majority of sales.
Oh, yes, it was the deals. The vast majority of sales are base consoles, not the mid-gen upgrades. THAT'S NOT UP TO DEBATE. Let'see, oh yes, all Xbone S bundles 50$ were off ( 249$ with PUBG especially ) in first half of the 2018.

Last edited:
Top Bottom