• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 update 4.70 is out

eFKac

Don't really like the new tilt of the PS+ icon, also preferred the face buttons over the PS logo on the store icon, they do look nice and sharp though.

OléGunner;238531275 said:
I mean yeah fair play to the UI team if they want to go "standard".

Just saying I prefer the older more 3D icons is all. No massive deal really.

Yeah, didn't mean to sound like I was getting on at your comment, just wondered if you were in the know that this is the standard design lately.

2376216-iyj0ejfddruqy.gif

ZeoVGM

Banned
So yet another update of not fixing that awful Notifications change.

As much as I adore my PS4 and as much as my XB1 collects dust, it's honestly kind of unacceptable at this point how terrible Sony has been when compared to Microsoft in terms of updates.

They do so little and so slowly. With all the negative feedback on the new notifications tab, that should have been a fairly quick fix. But it's doubtful it'll be changed anytime soon.

But hey, those are some cool new icons that Sony added. Meanwhile, Microsoft is adding LFG features and party chat overlays.

mrk8885

Banned
What a time for this update to hit.

Wanting to Play persona 5 away from home on my secondary PS4
Super super slow internet here
Can't access my cloud save without the update
2 hours estimated download time

This is worse than Morgana making me sleep all the time

Zeel

This tournament feature seems to be created in preparation for Tekken 7, the timing is just perfect.

I don't like the new store icon, the other ones are ok i guess, just following the last few years trends about flat designs.

What a time for this update to hit.

Wanting to Play persona 5 away from home on my secondary PS4
Super super slow internet here
Can't access my cloud save without the update
2 hours estimated download time

This is worse than Morgana making me sleep all the time

You just need a little Shu saying "it's almost scary how good I am" at the top of your screen.

geordiemp

Pro user...

I noticed that the UI and system menu seems allot snapper and quicker even than before.

Coming out of a paused game to the ps4 menu seemed even quicker, or maybe its just me....?

Vashetti

Banned
Pro user...

I noticed that the UI and system menu seems allot snapper and quicker even than before.

Coming out of a paused game to the ps4 menu seemed even quicker, or maybe its just me....?

Might be placebo, tends to happen after every update, especially as it does a database rebuild.

Shin

Banned
OléGunner;238531275 said:
I mean yeah fair play to the UI team if they want to go "standard".
That's how it goes in the industry, a while back everyone switched to round avatar profiles (well except gaf).

528c0ed18c.jpg

L.O.R.D

From what i am hearing,this update break make new encryption to the save files,and save editors programs like save wizard and cyber gadget currently doesn't work with the new update.

Maybe this is normal and can be fixed in several days.

jrush64

Banned
From what i am hearing,this update break make new encryption to the save files,and save editors programs like save wizard and cyber gadget currently doesn't work with the new update.

Yeah I probably won't be updating soon then. Not playing anything on the ps4 anyway right now.

Eggbok

I was in the middle of a match of Paragon and I get forced signed out with a notification to update, FUCK. You get penalized for leaving a match midgame, wtf Sony!?
THOSE DAMN ICONS AREN'T THAT IMPORTANT!!!

lol.

Paganmoon

Why do people always ask this?

Why does it matter? Just download it.

As far as I know all updates are mandatory. If they aren't, they'll be rolled into the next one anyway. You might as well just do it.

All updates are NOT mandatory, if my PS4 is in rest mode, with a game loaded, I want to know if I can play it as is, via remote play, or if I need to update first and so on.

L.O.R.D

Why do people always ask this?

Why does it matter? Just download it.

As far as I know all updates are mandatory. If they aren't, they'll be rolled into the next one anyway. You might as well just do it.
When update 4.55 launched,i was able to sign in the PS store and i had 4.50 on my PS4,week later and i was still able to sign in AMD enter to store.

I had no idea this was even a thing. TBH I kind of like the idea that save game encryption can't be broken.

Top Bottom