• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 update 4.70 is out

mreddie

giphy.gif

Dat stability-quality

JackEtc

This shit has totally been fucking up my PS4. Turned it on today to only see the blue waves for about 10 minutes. Held the power button, nothing happened. Had to pull the power to get it to shut down.

Turned it back on, did the checking status stuff, then went back to the blue waves, gave me a notice about using a disk version of an application vs a digitally downloaded one? That went away, then I got a notification that simply said "Update the system software".

Ugh. WTF

EDIT: Starting with ethernet cable unplugged got it to boot. Deleted update download, plugged back in, let it restart the download. Hopefully everything will be okay then.

Aenima

Thank God for Safe Mode....

PS4 is back to normal... sort've.

The notifications kept complaining that I didn't download the update even though my PS4 says it did...

Everything is fine though. :D Might do a Rebuild Database sometime in the near future. Actually... I'm gonna totally buy a PS4 Pro after E3.

Just do a database rebuit from time to time, it dosent unistall nothing, and keeps the machine running properly.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
They changed the PSnow app, looks different
Then again it's been a while since I booted it up

At the Playstation Expo in December, everyone got a free tote bag the was literally the PS Store bag, but IRL. Now it's obsolete. Goddamn it, Sony.

Vashetti

Banned
not sure why Sony doesn't just ad the media player as a system level deal like the other apps. it continues to look the same as it did on the day it was released.

Just a theory - I have no real basis for this:

But, could it be because Sony has to pay license fees for (some of) the formats the Media Player supports?

So they force you to download it yourself rather than give to everyone by default to reduce their fees?

Whoa whoa whoa. What's this about tournaments?
Shows different upcoming Tournaments from various locations. As well as ones that have already happened.
And then when you click on an upcoming event you can see the time its at and go to the website for the tourney as well as see rules and requirements and then you can register.
And for past tournaments you can see the Top 3 winners as well as look at everyone who entered and then the final overall standings. and judging by that greyed out icon when one goes live there's a button that will take you straight to the stream of the tourney.
Seems like a pretty cool feature tbh.

BigBri1

Neo Member
My Vue icon is still the old one...anyone else's not update? Now, Music, Video, and the Store have all changed. But agree the other icons need to be changed as well for consistency

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
This shit has totally been fucking up my PS4. Turned it on today to only see the blue waves for about 10 minutes. Held the power button, nothing happened. Had to pull the power to get it to shut down.

Turned it back on, did the checking status stuff, then went back to the blue waves, gave me a notice about using a disk version of an application vs a digitally downloaded one? That went away, then I got a notification that simply said "Update the system software".

Ugh. WTF

EDIT: Starting with ethernet cable unplugged got it to boot. Deleted update download, plugged back in, let it restart the download. Hopefully everything will be okay then.
I'm having the exact same experience. Currently waiting on this weird download version message.

Salarians

Weird. It installed fine for me but after looking through the store, I got some lag returning to the main PS4 menu. Then as I was playing Horizon, I went to check a trophy notification and got some serious menu lag. Shut down the PS4 and did a database rebuild and now it seems to be back to normal. :/

Woetyler

Shows different upcoming Tournaments from various locations. As well as ones that have already happened.

And then when you click on an upcoming event you can see the time its at and go to the website for the tourney as well as see rules and requirements and then you can register.

And for past tournaments you can see the Top 3 winners as well as look at everyone who entered and then the final overall standings. and judging by that greyed out icon when one goes live there's a button that will take you straight to the stream of the tourney.

Seems like a pretty cool feature tbh.

Super useful addition if you enjoy tournies. It'll probably push me to watch more due to the accessibility.

not sure why Sony doesn't just ad the media player as a system level deal like the other apps. it continues to look the same as it did on the day it was released.

Because in a perfect world they could update it without having to release a full system update. It's kind of like how Google has decoupled System Apps from Android and are now update-able in the Play Store, except they actually update them.

Vashetti

Banned
Because in a perfect world they could update it without having to release a full system update. It's kind of like how Google has decoupled System Apps from Android and are now update-able in the Play Store, except they actually update them.

The Media Player is a separate app and receives separate updates to system updates.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I know "stability" is a long-running GAF meme, but I sure hope this update fixes all of the random freezes that I've been seeing since 4.50.

Top Bottom