• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 update 4.70 is out

Demonfang

Banned
I got a blue screen of death when this update pushed through!

Managed to save my ps4 by updating in safe mode but what the hell Sony? Unless it was coincidence.

I got a blue screen of death when this update pushed through!

Managed to save my ps4 by updating in safe mode but what the hell Sony? Unless it was coincidence.
Dunno if it's the same thing, but I'm pretty sure the update screwed with my PS4's video output. Nothing is shown on screen unless I go to safe mode or switch the hdmi to my ps3, turn the ps3 on/off, THEN put it back in my PS4.

Any ideas what to do guys?

I updated and now the OS runs like shit. I've had a problem for ages where when I try to go to the video folder it hangs for a while before giving me the icons, and now it does that everywhere.

Kyrios

I updated and now the OS runs like shit. I've had a problem for ages where when I try to go to the video folder it hangs for a while before giving me the icons, and now it does that everywhere.

Yeah my PS4 menus were laggy as hell after updating. Persona 5 even hanged for a good 10-15 seconds before finally launching, that never happened to me with any game before in the 3+ years of owning this PS4. Everything eventually ironed itself out but it's still pretty laggy, games run fine though.

antibolo

Banned

Maybe try forcing a rebuild of the database? (from the safe mode menu)

Dunno if it's the same thing, but I'm pretty sure the update screwed with my PS4's video output. Nothing is shown on screen unless I go to safe mode or switch the hdmi to my ps3, turn the ps3 on/off, THEN put it back in my PS4.

Any help here? A friend is stuck with same issue and he updated from safe mode but no luck.

EctoPrime

The web browser image bug introduced in the previous firmware seems to be fixed. In the last firmware images that did not finish loading within a few seconds would have the remaining section to download blanked out. Gifs would also fail to load.

Any help here? A friend is stuck with same issue and he updated from safe mode but no luck.

Same issue here. Have to switch the hdmi to the Switch (pun not intended lol) and then switch back in order to see anything on the display. Here's hoping a possible FW 4.71 fixes this.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Yeah my PS4 menus were laggy as hell after updating. Persona 5 even hanged for a good 10-15 seconds before finally launching, that never happened to me with any game before in the 3+ years of owning this PS4. Everything eventually ironed itself out but it's still pretty laggy, games run fine though.

I found the opposite were true for me. The UI feels snappier than before where it would lose frames when navigating around sometimes.

hDY0gyv.gif

Un4

The update fixed a problem with the Platinum headset dongle. The dongle now activates on wake/startup of the PS4. Before the update i had to remove the dongle and plug it in again before it activated.

Shifty

Ech, all I wanted to do last night was play Polybius but geez lawd if the PS4 didn't hit me with four distinct kinds of nag to update.

I mean I get it but whoof just lemme alone Sony.

Update screwed my system bad.
Slow as hell and "Error has occurred in the system software" ever couple hours now.

Used to be once a day or every other day.

LordOfChaos

Update screwed my system bad.
Slow as hell and "Error has occurred in the system software" ever couple hours now.

Used to be once a day or every other day.

Once a day already meant something was wrong, did you rebuild databases? Failing that, an OS reinstall is probably in order.

Andrefpvs

The web browser image bug introduced in the previous firmware seems to be fixed. In the last firmware images that did not finish loading within a few seconds would have the remaining section to download blanked out. Gifs would also fail to load.

Thanks for this. I really appreciate it when people report changes (no matter how small they are) since we never get complete changelogs.

5taquitos

not the smaller updates likes these. unless there is a smaller private beta that they quietly release to psn users. i'd definitely point out the ui inconsistencies. i hate that stuff lol
I'm pretty sure the poster was just joking that there's always issues that the users end up having to deal with, not the actual beta program (i.e., there are no beta testers).

Shows different upcoming Tournaments from various locations. As well as ones that have already happened.

And then when you click on an upcoming event you can see the time its at and go to the website for the tourney as well as see rules and requirements and then you can register.

And for past tournaments you can see the Top 3 winners as well as look at everyone who entered and then the final overall standings. and judging by that greyed out icon when one goes live there's a button that will take you straight to the stream of the tourney.

Seems like a pretty cool feature tbh.

Hmm, I wonder if this content is updated by Sony or the studios? I'm assuming the latter. It'd be great to have that for Tekken 7.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
One persisting issue I have is that the 'new community posts!' notifications keep happening even if I unchecked the box in settings. I don't want this popup, but I keep getting it. Unless there's something else I need to uncheck. It's been that way for long and I want to get rid of it.

raviolico

Since the update i´ve got some serious HDMI handshake issues (or whatever...) with my Acer Monitor. Worked flawless before. Already rebuild the database etc. Have to turn off/on the monitor a couple of times to get the signal from the PS4.

Anyone else with similar problems?

seems like it didn't fix that error. No one seems to know what the cause is or the solution. I get it on uncharted collection disc. with the latest update, 1.02. I have to play it without the update. 10 seconds into the game, it quits it

:(

Top Bottom