• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Ah good to see you, m0dus, thanks for the help

Make sure you get the time in there somewhere too.

Maybe a few example times like

New York: XX:XXAM
London: 2PM
Sydney: XX:XXPM

Or whatever.

I checked the OP but still don't understand what Phase 2 is, or what Phase 1 was. Was Phase 1 all the tweeting directed at Sony people on twitter?

It's the second phase. Everything we did before was the first phase. Then we're going to do it again. The second phase.

Complicated, I know. =P

MogCakes

What is Phase 2? I don't recall the OP specifying that either.

After several days with just the hashtag simmering we will make one last push on Wednesday, June 5th and try to keep the momentum up on it into that weekend when everyone starts traveling to LA for E3. We will also try to build up a media presence by letting them know that this is coming so maybe we can get some press and the twitter thing happening at once again.

The tweets will begin again on the 5th towards both MS and Sony and will build momentum until E3. Right now we're devising ways of spreading the word to gain that momentum.

Carl

Yeah basically we gave them a break from the bombardment for a few days so they don't hate us.

On Wednesday we're going to do it again

Drago

I don't have a Twitter but I may make a quick and dirty one on Wed just to send the message to Sony and MS.

Anyone want to "no DRM" my avatar please?

MogCakes

The posters look great. For people who haven't been following the movement the message could be changed to something more specific to used games DRM so they know what it's about, like 'Let's make our voices heard, no used games DRM!' or something to that effect.

I don't have a Twitter but I may make a quick and dirty one on Wed just to send the message to Sony and MS.

Anyone want to "no DRM" my avatar please?

ibg_Vtsfq_YT3_Db_Fnodrm.png

Kane1345

okay. call it a first draft or a mockup.

phase2.png
phase2b.png
phase2c.png

Freaking awesome, well done!

I prefer the 1st and 3rd ones myself. I like the lighter tone in the background but I'll go with whatever. So which ones are we gonna circulate? or we circulating all of em?

are there any example tweets any of us can use so that we do not have to think of what to write in the tweet? or is that the idea, that you write something you have to think of yourself?

are there any example tweets any of us can use so that we do not have to think of what to write in the tweet? or is that the idea, that you write something you have to think of yourself?
For now I tweet this:
Let's make the final push for #PS4noDRM #XboxOneNoDRM on June 5th 1pm GMT, 8am EST, 5am PST
pic.twitter.com/7dufhoQuYG

Starting June 5th, I'm sure we will have an udated version of this that include #XboxOneNoDRM

Kane1345

There was a suggestion on twitter about having #EANoDRM added since they're probably the biggest publisher backing DRM. Thoughts?

Kane1345

Ok so here's the deal for me.... I'm working a bunch this weekend to try to get atleast the middle of next week free. I can access the internet from work, mostly on my phone. But only when things are calm (I work with autistic adults... so when they go to sleep it's totally fine for me to go online and just keep an ear out for them, assuming im done with all my paperwork, etc). Anyway, that's tmi... the main point is i'm kinda busy this weekend but not entirely.

So I guess I will open the floodgates now and will probably take all weekend to sift through it and decide who is doing what. So I wouldn't expect a response until Sunday at the earliest. Maybe monday during the day.

What we need is people willing to contact websites and let them know they we are planning on a second push on Wednesday at a time we will figure out today or tomorrow. You will need to go to the website to find the contact email/page.... but from there it's easy. Basically you will send an email like (let's pretend it's kotaku).

Hi Kotaku!

This is (your name) from the #PS4NoDRM campaign and we are ramping up for a second and final push on Wednesday, June 5th starting at __ GMT (and then maybe list the time for them if you know the country of the site's origin).

The movement so far has over 175+ media mentions in 20 different languages which has been incredibly helpful to us. We are grateful for the articles you did specifically and were hoping you could help us shine a light on this one final time.

If you have any further questions check out (OP Link) and (site link) or email me at (your email). And if you decide not to cover it again we still are really appreciative of the support you've given us so far.

Thanks,

Yourname

And then if they have questions for you that you know the answer to, answer them. If you don't refer them to me or baller (and maybe others, still hashing that out). I will give you our email addresses when letting you know which sites you will be responsible for.

If a ton of people decide to volunteer it will be really quick for everyone. Each site will take like 5 minutes tops... so if we can get it down to like 5 or less sites per person we're asking for less than a half hour of your time. We will start with the sites that have already covered it and if we have the manpower we will then move onto sites that haven't.

If you're lurking and would like to help, message me on twitter. If you're on the forum, PM me.

As each new page is created in this thread if i'm not around.... if someone could quote this just to get it on the current page I would be most appreciative.

Kane1345

Okay. Why tho? did I miss Daylight savings time? I thought 1 PM GMT was 8 am EST?

And if it's going to be 9 am, BallerPHD needs to be informed as well? is everyone on the same page?

I'm a bit confused myself to be honest. The OP says 9AM EST so I was just going with that. I just checked a time converter and it says that 8AM EST is actually 1PM GMT so the original graphic is right. So either we change the OP time or we keep the graphic the way you originally did them.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.co.uk/time-zone/usa/eastern-time/convert/

Now i've got a headache :p Erm so which time we going with?

Akihidas

Tweeted the new picture to my followers and I've had a few retweets so hopefully the message will spread and we can top what we did at the beginning of the campaign.

Kane12345 said:
I'm a bit confused myself to be honest. The OP says 9AM EST so I was just going with that. I just checked a time converter and it says that 8AM EST is actually 1PM GMT

I think that may be due to it currently being BST (GMT+1) right now, which means that people living in the UK will refer to GMT+1 as GMT since it's what we're used to. If that makes any sense whatsoever.

Kane1345

I think that may be due to it currently being BST (GMT+1) right now, which means that people living in the UK will refer to GMT+1 as GMT since it's what we're used to. If that makes any sense whatsoever.

Man these time zones are so annoying lol. I say we go with what m0dus did originally and is posted on the site because its right. What you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom