• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kogasu

I've been away from my computer this weekend so sorry I haven't been doing my part or contributing. (not that I could do a whole lot anyway heh)

okay. call it a first draft or a mockup.

phase2.png
phase2b.png
phase2c.png

Looks really awesome m0dus. I'll get to tweeting then.

Awesome. I would put 9 though as most of us are on daylight time. And maybe mention that it goes on all day (or for days?). Im nitpicking though, it's great.

Im working on splitting up the media stuff now. Expect PMs in the next hour or two if you volunteered.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Well, it only took 6 days to validate..... but I'm here. Why's this place require I use the email I haven't used since I lived with my butthead dad?

Rich!

Well, it only took 6 days to validate..... but I'm here. Why's this place require I use the email I haven't used since I lived with my butthead dad?

So trolls and other such unwelcomes cannot just sign up with a free hotmail account

if you're banned, it's harder to get a new email address that's accepted by GAF

Hehe, thanks, I had hit the FAQ, but that was what I was looking for

"D. We reserve the right to reveal your identity" o_0 hehe

The only real question I had honestly was how do I maximize images embedded in posts without holding left click over them. I'm a Opera hipster, so I think that might be the problem.

Either way, thanks for having me, and for everyone who's been favoriting and retweeting my twittererzeses that harass stupid CEO's that wanna kill console gaming (looking at you armada :D)

So, June 5th, set phasers to spam?

One thing I thought was really funny was that with all these 1984boxes in houses is what happens when a naked kid runs by? All of microsofts (virtual) servers get confiscated? I don't think they have enough magnets. >_>

Kane1345

I changed the social media share links to inform about Phase II and added new buttons in the body of the homepages. It's now really easy too share the news of Phase II with your social networks -- just click the buttons on the homepages!

www.ps4nodrm.com
www.xboxonenodrm.com

Tell your friends.

baller awesome work on the site, gofreak awesome work with the letter and m0dus awesome work with the graphics....everyone's awesome!

SilentFlyer

I hope it gets the same level of media coverage and attention like the earlier campaign, if not more. And also it might force companies to change their DRM policies. 2 more days to go.

Awesome work everyone.

Zarrastro

Done my part contacting the media. I mostly got small sites so hopefully a few of them will put a story up :)

I contacted nearly all the spanish media via e-mail. That's what i volunteered for and i've managed to contact nearly every media that covered the campaign. A couple of them do not provide contact form or mail and Taringa is a forum. I don't know it very well, but i'll try to post something there.

Tomorrow i'll change my strategy: I'll tweet them all and i'll also try to reach bigger media here in Spain. Good luck to all :)

MogCakes

I hope it gets the same level of media coverage and attention like the earlier campaign, if not more.

I doubt it will reach the peak level of the first phase (that took everyone by surprise), but we should get at least a decent stream of people tweeting up to E3.

Kane1345

I've got a bunch of emails going out to a lot of those english speaking sites tomorrow so hopefully some coverage on Monday/Tuesday.

Red-Shift

Neo Member
#PS4NoDRM all the way! I hope this movement will stick around to fight for consumer rights in the digital age in general.

Buying DLC always leaves me with a bad feeling in my gut, knowing that if the service shuts down or your account gets banned, you'll simply lose everything you spent your hard earned cash on.

Zarrastro

#PS4NoDRM all the way! I hope this movement will stick around to fight for consumer rights in the digital age in general.

Buying DLC always leaves me with a bad feeling in my gut, knowing that if the service shuts down or your account gets banned, you'll simply lose everything you spent your hard earned cash on.

I hope the next gen doesn't do that...

I am on a PS3 and i can play my DLC's when i'm offline. My friend bought Dishonored and Dark Souls DLC and we installed them on my PS3 an they work when i play with my user profile. I see no problem with DLC and accounts... In this gen...

Kane1345

I hope the next gen doesn't do that...

I am on a PS3 and i can play my DLC's when i'm offline. My friend bought Dishonored and Dark Souls DLC and we installed them on my PS3 an they work when i play with my user profile. I see no problem with DLC and accounts... In this gen...

Ugh.

Imagine how horrible it would be if they did actually do that.

MogCakes

I got a reply asking what phase 2 is. Clicking a link is hard work apparently :p

Cant reply til after work

Yeah, people are hella lazy. It's downright depressing sometimes.

We could put a catchphrase with our tweets to get the idea across before they click the link, like what I suggested earlier. "Let's make our voices heard, no used games DRM!"

Zarrastro

Just finished tweeting everyone. I think i reached all media with email and/or twitter. Let's hope they cover the info :)

BTW, wasn't our catchphrase "Nothing stops this train"? That's what i've been using...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Looks good Gofreak, do you think there should be a point about how used games can be used for new sales? I mean there is also the chance that doing this could hurt their bottom line.

Thoughts?

I thought about this for a while. I think the problem is that Microsoft would think: well, we aren't stopping used sales. We're not blocking that source of money that can be used to fund new game purchases. So I think they would gloss over a point like that. The big problem in the system they described was that in their control over that trade, they're snuffing out individual controls over the discs (for lending and private trade independent of MS), so I think those are the points to hone in on. They're harder to bat away.

Sounds good. Points are 100% reasonable, only thing I might change is the word work to functions/operates in "...the way physical game media work and works..." since work and works are so close together but, that's tiny. It's just a tiny lil' thing.

Otherwise, awesome :)

Yep, you're right, I've changed to 'function'. Thanks :)

Tweaked draft with some tweet links is now available here:

http://gofreak-ie.appspot.com/xboxonenodrm

Suggestion/changes up to the 5th are welcome!

I created dedicated pages for Phase II media coverage on both websites. Both websites will have the exact same list. The reason there are two websites to begin with is the open letters, and also to increase the likelihood of a response from Microsoft and/or Sony (it's doubtful they would respond to something that heavily features their competitor).

Check 'em out, what do you think?

www.ps4nodrm.com
www.xboxonenodrm.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom