• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 3D Audio

jorgejjvr

For Tempest? It won’t be possible unless the games audio is remixed. That’s why the best sounding games were made with Tempest. You can turn it off and match PS5 audio to the game or allow the game to dictate when necessary/possible. There is no turn on and forget settings when it comes to technology most of the time. That goes for video too.
this is the only thing i see myself turning on and off, no other setting, dont have this problem with atmos, its on always, set it and forget it

its 98% bad, and 2% good (on games like returnal), so I tend to keep it off

FrankWza

this is the only thing i see myself turning on and off, no other setting, dont have this problem with atmos, its on always, set it and forget it
Doesn’t make it right. Just sounds good to you. Don’t know why you’d want to convert something that doesn’t need it but that’s the issue you’re having with tempest. Just like an old movie that wasn’t remastered and having your box push DV or HDR always on. You may like the bright and washed out look but it isn’t correct.

jorgejjvr

Doesn’t make it right. Just sounds good to you. Don’t know why you’d want to convert something that doesn’t need it but that’s the issue you’re having with tempest. Just like an old movie that wasn’t remastered and having your box push DV or HDR always on. You may like the bright and washed out look but it isn’t correct.
i understand that, just saying only worth it on for a couple of games

Ev1L AuRoN

Dolby Atmos for headphone on PC at least is trash. Dunno, maybe it's my setup. I have a HyperX Cloud II Pro as a headset.

Forsete

Gold Member
Tempest sounds fantastic IMO. Especially in Spiderman MM and Ratchet.

Since I upgraded my TV I also got a sound bar, so I don't play with headphones a whole lot anymore. So I miss that 3D audio effect. :messenger_crying:

Ev1L AuRoN

Dolby is overall overprices proprietary bs
I think a good 3D audio is more about the way the sound engine works within the game and less about the codec/tech.

Frostbite games have amazing sound, Dead Space 2 on PS3 with Sony headsets blow me away back in the day. I tried some games that have atmos sound like shadow of tomb raider and Metro Exodus and find it okay, but nowhere near as good as I expected.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I think a good 3D audio is more about the way the sound engine works within the game and less about the codec/tech.

Frostbite games have amazing sound, Dead Space 2 on PS3 with Sony headsets blow me away back in the day. I tried some games that have atmos sound like shadow of tomb raider and Metro Exodus and find it okay, but nowhere near as good as I expected.
yeah resident evil 2,3 and 7 all have binaural audio/headphone virtualization built in... and then 3d audio on ps5... so it gets confusing needlessly

Top Bottom