• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 for first party games and Xbox Series X for 3rd party games?

assurdum

Banned
I mean people are free to do whatever they want but invest around 1000 bucks on both console just to have a 20% of improvement (not guaranteed) in the multiplat?

Last edited:
Dude, why would I be bitter about you wasting your money?

You’re gonna pay another $500-$600 to play games at the same frame rate and slightly higher settings/resolution. You’re basically going from a 2070-class GPU to a 2080-class GPU but forking out what should take you beyond the level of a 2080 Ti.

There won’t be a major difference between PS5 and SX games when it comes to third party games and buying an SX for that is dumb.

Stick to the PS5 or get a PC. Your current plan is idiotic.
Do you not understand what I originally meant? I'm getting an SX for ALL my gaming needs and a PS5 for exclusives only! Like holy shit, how do I have to be clear that I don't want a fucking PC!?

Do you not understand what I originally meant? I'm getting an SX for ALL my gaming needs and a PS5 for exclusives only! Like holy shit, how do I have to be clear that I don't want a fucking PC!?
The PS5 already fills all your gaming needs so what the heck you need an Xbox for?

I know you’re a peasant who can’t game on PC, hence why I said to stick to only a PS5 because the SX is redundant.

NahaNago

PS5 for everything for me as well. xbox for certain exclusives. I don't really game on pc except for civ V ( and soon to be wow and ffxiv after i buy that external ssd harddrive).

Last edited:
I just find it hilarious that people still saying the series x is gonna be good for 3rd party games. I dont think ive heard any news that ps5 a 3rd party game running lower then series x and im aware there all running at a same resolution and same frames per second. to me i think its just gonna full fledge ps5 with 3rd party and 1st party games

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
I'll be doing the same, just like end of this gen where only exclusives on PS4 Pro and everything else on X1X.

XSX for third party and I'm not building another PC so Halo, Gears and Forza are important to me.

I don't think most people buy a second console to play the same exact games as what's available on the console they already own. The difference in performance would need to be staggering like a One S to One X or PS4 to PS4 Pro level difference for people to splurge.

Caio

At this point the situation is very clear for the firts 2-3 years, at least this is the feeling I got : PS5 for the exclusives and just PS5 if I had to pick up only one console. Most probably I will get XSX later on, only PS5 on Launch. I understand crossgen and Game Pass is the priority for MS, but I want games which show the power of the console, so XSX can wait and Phil fook himself.

Really though, how many people nowadays have the budget for two consoles plus extra for games and controllers. For one grand I could buy a Ps5, an extra controller, a ps+ sub, and 5 games. Ps5 is where everyone is going.

Bryank75

Banned
Whatever suits dude.... for me, it's PS5 and Switch.

For many others it would be a PS5 and PC wtha new 3000 series card. That gives you the most games possible really and the best possible performance.

PS5 to XSX probably wont be a big difference IMO.

PS5 for

giphy.gif

Really though, how many people nowadays have the budget for two consoles plus extra for games and controllers. For one grand I could buy a Ps5, an extra controller, a ps+ sub, and 5 games. Ps5 is where everyone is going.

Everyone does not make the same amount of money or have the same expenses :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Also getting game pass on Xbox would save a ton of $.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Spoken like true peasants. You’re gonna waste another console to get slightly better performance? Either pay the admission price for that better performance by getting a PC or keep the PS5 which will give you the same tier of performance as the SX anyway. Buying an SX for third party games because it’s a bit more powerful is foolish.

So buying a PC that's going to cost you at least three times as much isn't even more foolish? You make no sense. I do have a PC as well but mostly for mods and classic games. But for people who don't care about those things, an XSX is fine.

I really don't see the point, the differences probably are going to be minimal. It might differ from game to game, but I can't imagine it would make much sense to own an Xbox Series X just for the 3rd party games when you already have a PS5.

Jaybe

With the install base difference that will materialize, I can’t see why a developer would put much, if any time, into making the XSX better. I expect pretty much parity unless Xbox is throwing some marketing deal money at them and enhancements are tied to it.

So buying a PC that's going to cost you at least three times as much isn't even more foolish? You make no sense. I do have a PC as well but mostly for mods and classic games. But for people who don't care about those things, an XSX is fine.
No because the $1500 PC isn’t redundant and accomplishes things the PS5 can’t.

Spending $1500 for something of use is infinitely smarter than spending $500 for something useless.

DavidGzz

No because the $1500 PC isn’t redundant and accomplishes things the PS5 can’t.

Spending $1500 for something of use is infinitely smarter than spending $500 for something useless.

The PS5 is playing games from the 15 XGS studios and also has access to Game Pass? A better controller and better graphics are just a bonus. Useless, lmfao!

retsof624

That's what I'm doing this coming gen. I've been on PS for so long so I wanna switch it up. Make Xbox my primary console and then get a PS5 for its exclusives whenever Horizon 2 comes out

What little difference their may or may not be if any at all between the consoles on 3rd party games isn't remotely enough to make me pick up a second machine just for that small of a difference.
I'll second this. The difference between next-gen is smaller than current and that includes the pro versions. If you look at Digital Foundry breakdowns of current gen consoles and don't find any of it a big deal, than next-gen differences will matter even less.

You like Xbox ecosystem? Have friends on it? Like Game Pass and whatever future exclusives will eventually come out for it? = Get Series X

You like PlayStation ecosystem? Have friends on it? Looking forward to DualSense features and typical PlayStation pedigree of exclusives? = Get PS5

Or just get both if you've got the money. Whatever.

I bought the One X for 3rd party games but I wouldn't do that again, I have RDR2, Injustice 2, MK11 and a few others on both the Pro and One X and if I didn't have DF to tell me the differences I just wouldn't see them when playing, it's not worth owning two consoles that are so close in power unless they both offer exclusives that appeal to you IMO.

The PS5 is playing games from the 15 XGS studios and also has access to Game Pass? A better controller and better graphics are just a bonus. Useless, lmfao!
Those 5 worthwhile games released over 7 years sure are worth those $500 lol.

Better controller is subjective.

Better graphics will give you a bump in resolution.

Yeah, useless.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
PS5 is so far going toe to toe with XSX where it’s supposed to have it’s advantages. (Resolution and framerate)

PS5 advantages were said to be effects/detail on screen and loading speed so it will interesting to see how this plays out.

DavidGzz

Those 5 worthwhile games released over 7 years sure are worth those $500 lol.

Better controller is subjective.

Better graphics will give you a bump in resolution.

Yeah, useless.

I see what's going on. You're butt hurt about PS5 being inferior when it comes to graphics that you have to diss on Xbox. Nothing more to see here from you besides more useless comments. You can downplay XGS and Game Pass all you want, people could do the same for PS5 games.

Lets see:

PS5
Exclusives and great games
Better controller
Better OS
Better store
No hail to the Phil bullshit
90% identical 3rd party
No loading screens

Xsex
Hail to the Phil pass
Craig
Same 3rd party
Retard stick placement
6-8s loading with current gen games

Hard to choose indeed.

bender

What time is it?
I'm still blown away by the visuals we got this year (TLOU2, Ghosts). I'm sure the extra horsepower of the Series will yield higher resolutions (or more stable dynamic resolutions), frame rates and other bells and whistles, but if PS5 wins the generation, most developers will focus on that platform and the improvements that Series X will mostly be unnoticeable to the average person (me included). Series X with a 6 month to 1-year subscription seems like a better end of the generation purchase when there has a been a revision or two and a price drop or three.

Dodkrake

Banned
So far, third party games have been confirmed to be the same Res and FPS on both platforms, so I'd say we should wait before ascertaining which one will be better (if any) for those games.

DavidGzz

The PS5 is inferior in power. We both know who's gonna end up with the better looking games anyway.

Hint: With Microsoft showing off their flagship title in Halo: Infinite, it ain't them.

I knew it. Lol. Nice man, my condolences. Anyone who doesn't game on PC is dumb and Xbox is useless. Gotcha lmao. Nope. I have a gaming PC. Still getting XSX. It will be my more portable Game Pass unit. Sexy ass unit.

I knew it. Lol. Nice man, my condolences. Anyone who doesn't game on PC is dumb and Xbox is useless. Gotcha lmao. Nope. I have a gaming PC. Still getting XSX. It will be my more portable Game Pass unit. Sexy ass unit.
You and all the legions of Xbots claiming they own a gaming PC with a 2080 Ti but still play on Xbox because of the couch lol.

odhiex

PC for multiplatform?? if you care so much about graphics and performance, and you have a powerfull rig.. why not on PC?

Consoles for the exclusives.

PS5 for first party, PC for the rest.

PC is the best third party machine.

High end PCs, as most machines out there can not hold a candle to either one of the two next gen consoles. Just because you have, or will acquire some powerful components for your configuration, does not means that the other hundreds of millions of PC players can boast the same hardware.

Top Bottom