• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 only gamers, assume all Bethesda games go exclusive. What now?

Bog

Junior Ace
How can you people seriously think that would happen. Yes they paid $7.5B to never sell another copy of a Bethesda game.

sn0man

the only one that I care about is Doom. But I have a great PC for that.
Yeah I’m likely PS5 but if I HAD to pick someone to buy it would be a PC company as I’ve got PC, Switch, PS4 Pro.

If I had my wish though zenimax wouldn’t have bought id and maybe Carmack would still be there.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I think its kinda weird the way people are looking at this as a move against Sony specifically when MS GamePass and XCloud strategy is setting it sights on both PC and mobile gaming as well as consoles.

Microsoft would be insane to ignore all the money they could get from PlayStation gamers. All the upcoming games from Bethesda will still be going to PS5.

As for the future, here's what I think, Microsoft will allow Bethesda to release titles for PlayStation. The only difference being, PS5 will be full priced and Series X/S/PC will get them day one on Game Pass. I really don't see the worry here. I'll probably have a fully upgraded PC by the time Starfield releases anyway. Hopefully that game ends up a knockout.

Tevious

I'm not really a fan of Bethesda's IPs, so makes no difference to me. If there were a game I wanted, then PC is probably an option.

Sony would be insane to ignore all the money they could get from ...
Nintendo would be insane to ignore all the money they could get from ...
And what is this suppose to mean exactly?

I'm not talking about a hypothetical situation in which Nintendo or Sony should allow their games all all platforms for more cash if that's what you're hinting at...

Microsoft made the jump to be the publisher of Bethesda. If the sales of PS5 reflect the current gen landscape, than it would be in Microsoft's best interest to allow Bethesda to make games on PlayStation. You encourage more people to get Game Pass while still making money off those that stick to PlayStation.

killatopak

PC exists.

Not that I’ll play it there.

Buying a series X is more practical for me compared to the outrageous prices PC has in my country.

Kumomeme

i doubt that the route ms going. atmost, they actually want exclusive content for gamepass.

also, like nintendo who before didnt get much of 3rd party support, sony should doing fine.

More competition is better.

Last edited:
PS5 only gamers

^ In the thread title and people keep bringing up PC. Ok, so MS still gets your money wherever you buy the games, you aren't damaging them by saying PC even if you want to ignore the thread title.
watch it pal! every single one playstation fan has an imaginery 2080ti++++ rig chilling next to their ps4, just in case.

no matter that only <2% of total steam users can game above 1440p, doctor has said to always tell them "Yes!"

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

"You forced me to do this. Why didn't you buy your third copy of Skyrim like i told you? Now we had to sell ourselves and you won't get Skyrim anymore. Your refusal of Fallout 76 caused this. Its your fault"

todd-howard-xbox.jpg

DavidGzz

I'm not talking about a hypothetical situation in which Nintendo or Sony should allow their games all all platforms for more cash if that's what you're hinting at...

Microsoft made the jump to be the publisher of Bethesda. If the sales of PS5 reflect the current gen landscape, than it would be in Microsoft's best interest to allow Bethesda to make games on PlayStation. You encourage more people to get Game Pass while still making money off those that stick to PlayStation.

Yep, totally possible but you also have to imagine how Game Pass, which is now at 15 million subs, will snowball if they don't put their games on PS5. Short term loss of money but long term 15 dollars a month from 20, 30, 40+ million subs at some point will make it worth. I'm sure they have some smart people working there that will figure it all out.

Last edited:

avalonzero

Like others have said, PC is the answer. I've mostly played Bethesda titles on PC anyways. There just isn't anything that's going to get me to buy another MS console that will just stop working after 2 years like my One X and 2 other 360's did.

Romulus

The PS5 isn't out yet. No-one in this thread is a "PS5 only gamer." Besides, what kind of responses did you expect from this thread? People just crying?

Alot of people had already decided to either go with ps5 or xbox though, and many had preordered. You, just like everyone understands that, and the responses show it.

Last edited:
Yep, totally possible but you also have to imagine how Game Pass, which is now at 15 million subs, will snowball if they don't put their games on PS5. Short term loss of money but long term 15 dollars a month from 20, 30, 40+ million subs at some point will make it worth. I'm sure they have some smart people working there that will figure it all out.
Hopefully they can figure it out. What I really want to know is, what do publishers really feel about Game Pass? Will Microsoft have to raise the price in the future if publishers start demanding a larger slice of the pie. Things could get complicated. I'm still getting a PS5, but if Microsoft can knock Game Pass out of the park, than maybe I'll pick a Series X up after all. I know my brother is getting one so he may pressure me into buying it anyway.

Brofist

I'm simply saying that reaching the maximum number of gamers obviously isn't the only factor, or we wouldn't have exclusives to begin with.

j0hnnix

Sony will send all exclusives to PC don't worry. So you can go to PC for Xbox and Sony games, Sony cares about their fans. It's the right move.

By the time ES6 comes out I'm sure the Series X will have seen two price drops, would possibly pick one up for that and Fable 4 as long as that's good but I still wouldn't sign up for GP.

dano1

A Sheep
The only games I played from them was wolfenstein and The evil within.
plenty of games like that on the PlayStation. But if there was a must have I would buy a series x

I get the best stories from RPG's, and I was only getting the XSX first to play with friends... this solidified it, I can't wait to see how mindblowing games are going to look on either system.

I started not liking Sony's first party catalogue, they're too focused on action adventure games with quite a few gems of exclusives here and there and they'll always have those great JRPG's that I love. Maybe in the future.

Every Sony fanboy pulls a gaming PC with 3090 out of their ass when they need to, and then in the very next topic talk about how 99% of PC gamers have potato PCs and play mobile looking games only.
Facts. They are good at playing the bipolar game. Digital Foundry is biased and MS shills. *2 hours later* Digital Foundry said Xbox dev kits are harder to use and ps4 it's like butter.

DonF

Lets see how it all ends up. I might really miss doom and dishonored, but bethesda classics like fallout and the elder scrolls, I never really liked.

Top Bottom