• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Price Predictions

Select 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Texas Pride

Banned
Digital edition 349-399 OG edition 449-499. They will NOT price it high if they're expecting a quicker transition from PS4 TO PS5 which they have mentioned as well as being in the midst of a global pandemic and incoming recession.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Just like Xbox I’m going high so not disappointed.

$699 disc
$639 disc less

a Blu-ray drive cost almost nothing don’t see why it would be much cheaper.

Miles708

$699 disc
$639 disc less

That's actually quite a good marketing strategy, to artificially boost the digital version with a wide price difference (and at the same time have an "excuse" for an even pricier version), while the real actual cost to Sony remains negligible either way.

It's a pretty intelligent strategy indeed.
I hate it.

Last edited:

Texas Pride

Banned

$699 disc
$639 disc less

It's quite simple really. The profit margin on digital games vs physical is higher so taking a loss on a digital only box provides more of a return.

Kayoba

I predict Sony aim to have a lower price for the physical version of PS5 compared to Xbox Series X. Which is why Sony keeps a low profile at the moment. Almost immediately after Microsoft officially announces the price for their new console, Sony will announce the price and release date for PS5.

In the end I think the price will be:
Physical: 599
Digital: 499

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
It's quite simple really. The profit margin on digital games vs physical is higher so taking a loss on a digital only box provides more of a return.

what if they went the other way, give more ssd space on the digital and charge more for it and the disc one is the cheaper...

Top Bottom