• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 specs revealed. Up to 10.2 Tflops.

Leonidas

CiDSqjV.jpg

10.2 is peak, variable frequency suggests it drops below that, most likely in the 9.x range.

Sony's customised version of the AMD RDNA 2 GPU features 36 compute units running at frequencies that are capped at 2.23GHz, effectively delivering 10.28TF of peak compute performance. However, again, while 2.23GHz is the limit and also the typical speed, it can drop lower based on the workloads being demanded of it. PS5 uses a boost clock then - and we'll explain that presently - but equally importantly, it's important to remember that performance from an RDNA compute unit far outstrips a PS4 or PS4 Pro equivalent, based on an older architecture.

Damn, Series X GPU and CPU is faster than PS5 peak, I wonder what are the base clocks on PS5. Variability of PS5 clocks means the gap is wider than the specs suggest...

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
And i have no dog in this fight but gonna be interesting to see all the pretzel logic and back and forth on why these flops or those flops are better etc....

Well boys fight it out. Im staying out of next gen anyways. Not gonna plop down 400 500 600 or 700 this time around. Epseically with the Pro versions coming out in 2 to 3 years from launch.

GHG

Gold Member
Shit RAM as well.

Only thing redeemable feature is the fact that the expandable storage slot is not propitiatory. That doesn't take away from the fact that the storage space is pitiful anyway.

Sticking to the PC until they decide to mid gen refresh this underpowered console provided there are games I actually want that don't also make it to PC.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
Disappointing I was afraid of this Sony wasted a ton of BOM on the SSD and the APU suffered.

icerock

The clock speed are utterly bonkers, 2230MHz? What the actual fuck :messenger_open_mouth:

SSD speed is also nuts, I'm not so sure if this is a $399 machine tbh. They just had different design goals.

Top Bottom