• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS6 graphics

SimTourist

861d9934a4b83665fd039bd9915bec3d.jpg

Quantum253

I mean I don't see why the current generation couldn't pull this off. FFXVI, Rebirth, and others could definitely come close

HighPoly

Banned
I mean I don't see why the current generation couldn't pull this off. FFXVI, Rebirth, and others could definitely come close
Hellblade 2 is almost there, but we've still looking some limitations...

I mean, the real jump something for PS6...

But we're so far ahead everything made in PS2 as a pre rendered CGi, and some impressive PS3 CGi by the time...

Quantum253

Hellblade 2 is almost there, but we've still looking some limitations...

I mean, the real jump something for PS6...

But we're so far ahead everything made in PS2 as a pre rendered CGi, and some impressive PS3 CGi by the time...
I mean I was blown away at Junping Flash for the PS1. I always wanted something to look like FF7 advent children, but I think by the end of X/5 we'll either be there or close and with AI integration it might be even better

HighPoly

Banned
How many threads are you gonna make about this? You could have used your own existing thread about CGI to post this.
you are the nicest person here, and you are beautiful as a girl
I mean, i'm sorry... I know all those threads look the same, but if you pay attention they are all diferent
but talking about the same concept, CGi and Real Time graphics...

But ok... I'm sorry again

Dorfdad

Gold Member
N

Don't know if The Witcher will touch that level, cause of the open world and complexity...
But a linear game surely will!

Nope nope nope you will get what high end pc gaming looks like right now. You will not magically get this level of detail and framerate.

Expect 4000 series levels at max

HighPoly

Banned
I mean I was blown away at Junping Flash for the PS1. I always wanted something to look like FF7 advent children, but I think by the end of X/5 we'll either be there or close and with AI integration it might be even better
Sure!

Advent Children is amazing because of the Cloth Simulations, I'd like to see characters with all those clothes reacting to the physics...
But consoles need more power to render all that elements, reacting in real time... And gain, more textures, lighting, ray tracing...

Something you don't know, and I discovered recently, is that hardware needs to render much more poligon, to make clothes so malleable!
like, the double of a simple character needs today... We've making 120k to 200k poligon characters, so we'll need to jump 400k poligons per character...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
you are the nicest person here, and you are beautiful as a girl
I mean, i'm sorry... I know all those threads look the same, but if you pay attention they are all diferent
but talking about the same concept, CGi and Real Time graphics...

But ok... I'm sorry again
Whats the different? You post CGI video to make point of want your games look like CGI, exactly as your previous thread.

HighPoly

Banned
N

Nope nope nope you will get what high end pc gaming looks like right now. You will not magically get this level of detail and framerate.

Expect 4000 series levels at max
come on man!

That cloth physics and hair??
Only if Crytek make Crysis 4 only to PC!
Aiming the 4090 or more...

FatallyYours

Gold Member

Don't know if The Witcher will touch that level, cause of the open world and complexity...
But a linear game surely will!

Get some new OT names. Or just stop posting shit OTs. Whatever

Last edited:

Ozzie666

When is the push for realism enough, the chase is already causing games to be too expensive to develop and taking way too long. Unless AI and upscaling catchup, we are going to keep getting fewer and fewer titles. More boring titles taking less risk.

Crayon

Sure!

Advent Children is amazing because of the Cloth Simulations, I'd like to see characters with all those clothes reacting to the physics...
But consoles need more power to render all that elements, reacting in real time... And gain, more textures, lighting, ray tracing...

Something you don't know, and I discovered recently, is that hardware needs to render much more poligon, to make clothes so malleable!
like, the double of a simple character needs today... We've making 120k to 200k poligon characters, so we'll need to jump 400k poligons per character...

I'm watching advent children right now. Me n wife are tripping because FF7R on a PS4 looks better. The cloth does move well, though.

Btw the characters faces in FF7R are so close to advent children. a few of them in AC have more properly asian eyefolds but only slightly. It's only 20 min in but tifa, reno, rude, and what you could see of aeris are dead ringers. Cloud is pretty close.

DavidGzz

Looks like this could be done next Gen with enough money and ability even in an open world game. Look how GTAVI looks like this gen. 8-10 year dev cycle and 2 billion dollars all games will look like that. LOL. Witcher 4 will be close. Elder Scrolls VI, not so much.

Danjin44

Btw the characters faces in FF7R are so close to advent children.
I personally like the Could's face in FFVIIRemake more than Advent Children
a3d3f106-52b7-406e-87d3-f9edb1e6fb73-ab18acbf-2db6-404e-9044-3c5d9e925b97-cloud_bmp_jpgcopy.jpeg

the_good_one.0.png

The faces in Advent Children in unnaturally too clean, there is barely any skin texture on them.

Crayon

I personally like the Could's face in FFVIIRemake more than Advent Children
a3d3f106-52b7-406e-87d3-f9edb1e6fb73-ab18acbf-2db6-404e-9044-3c5d9e925b97-cloud_bmp_jpgcopy.jpeg

the_good_one.0.png

The faces in Advent Children in unnaturally too clean, there is barely any skin texture on them.

They all have that difference in the skin texture. Like I said I have the movie on now and every scene is very dreamy looking so the smooth skin makes goes with it. I'm sure some of it is down to technology, though.

I mean the bone structure in their faces being so close. They lifted their faces almost straight out of this movie. Cloud looks pretty similar but some of them are nearly exact.

Wait I think I'm about to get a look at aeris... Damn they don't show her face.

Shit the fight scenes in here are great.

Danjin44

They all have that difference in the skin texture. Like I said I have the movie on now and every scene is very dreamy looking so the smooth skin makes goes with it. I'm sure some of it is down to technology, though.

I mean the bone structure in their faces being so close. They lifted their faces almost straight out of this movie. Cloud looks pretty similar but some of them are nearly exact.

Wait I think I'm about to get a look at aeris... Damn they don't show her face.

Shit the fight scenes in here are great.
I'm not sure I would agree with that, after playing FFVII Remake, going back watching Advent Children movie, there something off about Could's face.
5f10305505c246a88c7866507ab16621.jpg
intro-1589302036.jpg

But then again I have same problem with CGI in FFVII Remake.
cloud_strife_from_ff_7_remake_looks_amazing_by_shadowleswolf_ddw42cn-pre.jpg

I think I just prefer the in-game faces in Cloud more than its CGI models.

Crayon

I'm not sure I would agree with that, after playing FFVII Remake, going back watching Advent Children movie, there something off about Could's face.
5f10305505c246a88c7866507ab16621.jpg
intro-1589302036.jpg

But then again I have same problem with CGI in FFVII Remake.
cloud_strife_from_ff_7_remake_looks_amazing_by_shadowleswolf_ddw42cn-pre.jpg

I think I just prefer the in-game faces in Cloud more than its CGI models.

Cloud in 7r looks like it's based on ac but they definitely look different.

But then check out rude and reno. Those are super close. Tifa, too but she at least has a little distance in the eyes like I mentioned.

HighPoly

Banned
I'm watching advent children right now. Me n wife are tripping because FF7R on a PS4 looks better. The cloth does move well, though.

Btw the characters faces in FF7R are so close to advent children. a few of them in AC have more properly asian eyefolds but only slightly. It's only 20 min in but tifa, reno, rude, and what you could see of aeris are dead ringers. Cloud is pretty close.
Sure!

We've making progress in so many elements on games today!
But some kind of elements don't... Cloth and haird physics are the hardest things to do...

But textures, animations, particle, ray tracing, subsurfacing scattering, and another things we've seen, PS5/Xbox are so far ahead from 2000's CGi

Crayon

Sure!

We've making progress in so many elements on games today!
But some kind of elements don't... Cloth and haird physics are the hardest things to do...

But textures, animations, particle, ray tracing, subsurfacing scattering, and another things we've seen, PS5/Xbox are so far ahead from 2000's CGi

Longer hair in this is moving in chunks... It's not as impressive as the clothing.

Light is good. Not sure how it compares though, I don't have the best eye for that. Shadows are not very sophisticated though. Assets in the environment look like they might have hit the budget limit before the tech limit.

HighPoly

Banned
Looks like this could be done next Gen with enough money and ability even in an open world game. Look how GTAVI looks like this gen. 8-10 year dev cycle and 2 billion dollars all games will look like that. LOL. Witcher 4 will be close. Elder Scrolls VI, not so much.
Elder Scrolls will be similar to Avowed...
Complex and giant game... Difficult to make better graphics

HighPoly

Banned
I might have to agree with that..
final-fantasy-vii-final-fantasy-vii-advent-children-rude-reno_www.wallpaperhi.com_84.jpg
reno-blogroll-1585957430449.jpg

5ws6bSl.png
Final_Fantasy_VII_Remake_-_Walkthrough_-_Chapter_12_-_Rude.png

I think the lighting and texture work on the skin is just better in FFVII Remake.
yeah, but geometry and cloth physics are tricks that make a large gap between real time rendering today, and even old CGi...

The closest CGi graphic game next year will be HELLBLADE 2, and there are so amazing things in the game that cloth physics look unnecessary..

I mean, it seems like devs need to prioritize things instead others... But maybe next gen will bring so much power to render all those elements at the same time!

Crayon

I might have to agree with that..
final-fantasy-vii-final-fantasy-vii-advent-children-rude-reno_www.wallpaperhi.com_84.jpg
reno-blogroll-1585957430449.jpg

5ws6bSl.png
Final_Fantasy_VII_Remake_-_Walkthrough_-_Chapter_12_-_Rude.png

I think the lighting and texture work on the skin is just better in FFVII Remake.

Agree. They look flat out better in remake.

They clearly went back to ac for reno and rude because I'm not aware of any previous art for them that even had enough detail for them both to draw from and come up that close.

As far as I can tell, you only get to see the bottom half of aeris' face in this but it also looks dead on with remake.

It's kinda nice that they went back to the movie for remake. There's so much care in the game and when I think about it, the visuals in the movie served us for a long time as what the characters "really" looked like. I never thought about the movie much but I guess all along it was my reference for that.

Last edited:

bbeach123

Video game still lack that soft body feeling of those cgi / dem rule34 video .

dem jiggling physics.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
Threads like this make me really question if you guys actually enjoy... you know, playing games?

Every day there's a new thread with 'imagine how beautiful this game will be in 2028' or 'what if the PS45 has 100739678 teraflops?'

Danjin44

yeah, but geometry and cloth physics are tricks that make a large gap between real time rendering today, and even old CGi...

The closest CGi graphic game next year will be HELLBLADE 2, and there are so amazing things in the game that cloth physics look unnecessary..

I mean, it seems like devs need to prioritize things instead others... But maybe next gen will bring so much power to render all those elements at the same time!
I personally dont care about game looking "CGI" or not, I rather devs put their resources on more important things. When it comes to visuals the only thing I care about is overall aesthetic.

FROM game's visuals are not even close being "high tech" but their visual style has surreal and almost concept art coming to life and I love that.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I’m predicting a long period of graphics stagnation as tech is starting to surpass talent, time, budget, and tools. You weirdos who only care about graphics are going to cry even more.

HighPoly

Banned

These graphics will probably become the norm in 10th gen at 60fps.

yeah

This level of cutscenes, not the open world gameplay part, but the intro, sure!

I mean, all those high poly characters, all things happening at the same time and the amazing Q.I, Ray Tracing, Explosions and particles...
Next gen consoles must look like that or even better on games like Hellblade...

yeah

This level of cutscenes, not the open world gameplay part, but the intro, sure!

I mean, all those high poly characters, all things happening at the same time and the amazing Q.I, Ray Tracing, Explosions and particles...
Next gen consoles must look like that or even better on games like Hellblade...
Current gen can handle it at about 20-30fps so next gen should be able to handle all of this at 60.

Hudo

Now that the dust has settled, it has become quite obvious that the PS6 is not powerful enough. When do you guys think we'll get the PS6 Pro?

Top Bottom