• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: The Vita version of Rayman Legends is missing content from the other versions

Finally the gaming press has picked it. Hoping for a Ubisoft response soon

Console and PC versions include 700 Teensies, while the Vita version holds just 615, images posted to NeoGAF suggest.

"Rayman Legends on Vita includes all of the original Rayman Legends content, as well as five exclusive maps playable with Murphy, the greenbottle fly seen in previous Rayman games," Ubisoft said at the time of the Vita version's announcement.

We've contacted Ubisoft for an explanation and have asked if the content could be added at a later date.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...rs-discover-vita-version-is-missing-28-levels

Geedorah

Eww! Hope that the missing levels are patched in later - would suck if the 'end-game' was dropped out considering all the delays.

Velcro Fly

Kudos to any outlet covering this right now. Really hope we get some sort of reply from Ubisoft about this one way or another.

DirtyLarry

Well just picked up my Vita copy on my lunch break at Best Buy. Have the PS3 version coming via GameFly and will probably choose to Keep It Now. Since I am a loyal customer picking up two versions of the game (a higher Cross Play price would be kick ass in situations like this one) hopefully they do sort out the missing levels on the Vita version.
I almost boycotted the Vita version, but truth be told Origins is still my favorite game on the Vita. It along with Golden Abyss are the only two games I have completed in full on the Vita, so while I am disappointed in the missing levels, it was not enough to warrant an outright boycott. The series is just that damn good imho.

The game is now up on the Vita store.

For people theorizing that the missing levels were due to space issues: The game is only 1GB, so it isn't that.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The game is now up on the Vita store.

For people theorizing that the missing levels were due to space issues: The game is only 1GB, so it isn't that.
Of course not, Origins section is there and Invaded consist largely of reused art assets so there's no reason for them NOT to be there.

Ridley327

Could it be performance issues (unlikely, just throwing it out there)?

It's within the realm of possibility, but without personally knowing what's in those levels, I couldn't tell you with any kind of authority. Anyone with one of the other versions wanting to chime in on that theory?

It's within the realm of possibility, but without personally knowing what's in those levels, I couldn't tell you with any kind of authority. Anyone with one of the other versions wanting to chime in on that theory?

There really isn't anything that couldn't be done in the invasion levels. In fact they are much shorter than regular levels while I do not know if that helps since I don't know how the tech works.

The only thing that makes any sense anymore is if they had serious time issues and decided to dump the shortest levels.

lantus

I was planning on getting the Vita version, but if they're cutting content I'll pass until this game gets cheap. Unless of course it will be added in later for free, that's another story.

Jonboy

I was planning on getting the Vita version, but if they're cutting content I'll pass until this game gets cheap. Unless of course it will be added in later for free, that's another story.
Yep. If they announced it will be patched in then I'll buy immediately.

Still no comment from Ubi?

That's low.

Yup, nothing. Eurogamer sent out for a quote though.

No quote before the game is out is really low, yeah. Also tells me that there's no patch or DLC coming (though I never thought there was). If it was coming they'd just say so before release to look good.

DirtyLarry

I have to say, the game looks and plays great on the Vita. I am in fact a happy camper that I am playing it on the Vita itself. There was already a 0 day patch that was 15 MB, but did not see for what.
What is in fact pretty damn shitty is the Challenges are currently not working for me. I am getting a Servers cannot be reached, please try later message. That is disappointing considering I also know content has been cut.
The exact message is "Ubisoft Servers are momentarily unavailable. Please retry later."
Oh well, I still am loving the game itself. Being a Pulse Elite owner is really starting to pay off as well (I just got them last week), truly makes every game that much better.
I did tweet out to Ubisoft and what is supposed to be the official Rayman account to see what is up with the Challenges not working.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Well I'm already 200 teensies in on the PS3 and have been wondering to myself if I should have waited on the Vita instead (Where I played Origins). So at least this made that decision easier for me.

In the long-term though I hope they add the levels via free DLC as I'll probably replay it on the Vita.

Famassu

Doesn't Ubisoft has some kind of Twitter account or something where someone could ask about it? Those seem to be popular with the kids nowadays.

VanWinkle

I noticed something in the Polygon article for this (seriously, this is everywhere now). They say:

"We have contacted Ubisoft; however the publisher has declined to comment until later today."

Does this mean we may finally hear what's going on soon?

I noticed something in the Polygon article for this (seriously, this is everywhere now). They say:

"We have contacted Ubisoft; however the publisher has declined to comment until later today."

Interesting. Hopefully tomorrow (since later today didn't happen I guess) we'll hear something about it.

Doesn't Ubisoft has some kind of Twitter account or something where someone could ask about it? Those seem to be popular with the kids nowadays.
I tweeted them and even tweeted the Rayman Official Twitter and got no response.

IGN has posted about it too now and has asked Ubisoft for clarification

Owners of the recently-released Rayman Legends on PlayStation Vita have discovered that it appears to be missing a rather large chunk of single-player levels.

The 28 levels in question comprise the Invasion challenges, a hardcore speed-run mode that mashes existing levels together. Posters on NeoGAF note that the total number of collectible Teensies in the Vita version is reduced from 700 to 615 as a result.

When the game was announced for Vita, Ubisoft stated that it "includes all of the original Rayman Legends content, as well as five exclusive maps". It's out now in the US and Australia on Vita, but has been delayed to September 12th in Europe.

We've asked Ubisoft for comment.
http://me.ign.com/en/news/14867/rayman-legends-on-vita-is-missing-28-levels-

FDC1

Sounds pretty obvious for me:

Vita version last in priority line => lack of ressources in team porting the game => decides to cut some content to be able to release the game in same period than the other versions => feel there is no need to "advertise" the cut => Good old Ubisoft

But it will be funny to listen Ubi excuse

Ty4on

Vita version last in priority line => lack of ressources in team porting the game => decides to cut some content to be able to release the game in same period than the other versions => feel there is no need to "advertise" the cut => Good old Ubisoft

Ubisoft is porting a console title and tweak the lightning to keep it looking great and 60fps which is suddenly lazy?
The lacking content is a bummer and I hope it gets patched in, but for supporting the Vita with great looking games that really suit the system Ubisoft deserves some praise. They made exclusive features for the WiiU and Vita when most publishers just ignore them. I just can't in a world where Activision publishes Declassified and EA just makes roster patches to Fifa call Ubisoft lazy for porting the majority of a big console game really well to the Vita.

VITA version is well polished. It is native res + 60 fps. I played the demo and enjoyed their efforts but the missing content was disappointing. I am waiting for the official response although i do plan to get it on VITA sometimes later.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Missing content sucks, but given the PSV version is $36 while the PS3 version is $59 (I'm talking digitally here - of course it might be cheaper in stores), I'm happy to ditch that content for a saving of over 20 bucks.

Ah, I did miss the bit where they said it was all the same content. Sneaky!

FDC1

Ubisoft is porting a console title and tweak the lightning to keep it looking great and 60fps which is suddenly lazy?
The lacking content is a bummer and I hope it gets patched in, but for supporting the Vita with great looking games that really suit the system Ubisoft deserves some praise. They made exclusive features for the WiiU and Vita when most publishers just ignore them.

That has nothing to do with supporting the Vita or not ou with the game being good or not. They promoted the game by explicitly saying il would contain the full content (and more) of the console versions. It's confirmed it's clearly not the case and Ubisoft seems to do their best to not communicate on the subject. At best it's miscommunication, at worse it's false advertising. People have legit reasons to complain about that. Your reaction is one of the reasons video game publishers continue with this bullshit.

FDC1

VITA version is well polished. It is native res + 60 fps. I played the demo and enjoyed their efforts but the missing content was disappointing. I am waiting for the official response although i do plan to get it on VITA sometimes later.

I never said the game was not polished. My theory is they lacked time and ressources and chose to cut some content (instead of by exemple, put the full content and have an unpolished game, which of course would not have been better). But It's just my point of view.

Edit: sorry for the double post

Well this is promising! Hopefully we'll know what's going on very soon.

Ubisoft will not address it. They don't care as long as people still flock to the lines and give them their money.

I broke my Ubisoft boycott last year when I bought Rayman: Origins (for the Vita) and even though it felt wrong the game was well worth it. It was amazing.

But now they're just making it easier for me to go back to not buying any games they publish.

Address the issue and explain why that content is not there and you might get yourself a sale, ubisoft. Vote with your wallets, guys and girls!

maybe they'll sell each level for $0.71 on psn.

I know you love Ancel games and Rayman and I'm not sure if you're just being sarcastic or not, but I think Ubisoft are quite capable of doing just that.....

Jawmuncher

Ubisoft will not address it. They don't care as long as people still flock to the lines and give them their money.

I broke my Ubisoft boycott last year when I bought Rayman: Origins (for the Vita) and even though it felt wrong the game was well worth it. It was amazing.

But now they're just making it easier for me to go back to not buying any games they publish.

Address the issue and explain why that content is not there and you might get yourself a sale, ubisoft. Vote with your wallets, guys and girls!

I know you love Ancel games and Rayman and I'm not sure if you're just being sarcastic or not, but I think Ubisoft are quite capable of doing just that.....

Well sucks for them. An answer would guarantee a sale. Regardless even the increase in sales this sequel is having if 14 place in the UK is any indication it won't be doing much here in the US.

Well sucks for them. An answer would guarantee a sale. Regardless even the increase in sales this sequel is having if 14 place in the UK is any indication it won't be doing much here in the US.

I'm certainly not buying it now. They're just making life easier for me.

Those 40 euros would go towards my PS+ sub (which will probably give me Rayman: Legends for 'free' in a year or so from now )

Nugg

I suck at photoshop so much :(

iKNPNeIboBHfQ.png

Velcro Fly

Yeah seeing someone stream the game and then seeing them replay the Invasion levels over and over and over again for a better time to go up on leaderboards makes me furious that this isn't in the Vita version and even worse Ubisoft has been downright deceptive about it.

Nugg

If you think you can get through all those Invasion levels (and get gold) in just 60 minutes, you're delusional. Unless you're some GOD of platformers.

I would have changed the "60 minutes" thing if I knew what the hell I was doing with photoshop haha

baconcow

I would have changed the "60 minutes" thing if I knew what the hell I was doing with photoshop haha

I thought it was pretty good. The point is that the definitive version is a joke in of itself. Instead of porting over already-completed levels, they made 5 entirely-new ones and didn't bother with the others. Had the Vita had full content, as mentioned, and not had those 5 exclusive levels, people would have been satisfied. I bet it took longer to make 5 NEW levels than to port 28 already-made ones.

DirtyLarry

Yeah no one ever responded to my tweet as to why the challenges were not working on the Vita version.

I get why people are boycotting it, I do, it is your right to do so, and I am sure many will consider me a scab for picking it up and not also boycotting it, but for $14 less as already pointed out, I will personally take a few missing levels for what is EASILY the best game I have played yet on the Vita.

Yes, it is very deceptive of them to not clarify things, and even more so to outright lie, but damn, this game is brilliant on the Vita. Absolutely brilliant.

I think it is very safe to say the missing levels will be pay for DLC later down the road. They will point to the fact the Vita version is in fact already cheaper than any other version. And let's face it, they could have not made a Vita version at all. Even with the popularity of the VIta surging, it is still a very risky move releasing the game on the Vita. People and resources were needed for a platform they very well may have trouble making their money back on. So how do you rectify that situation? Release some levels as $5 content later down the road.

They should have just been honest about it all. No doubt about that.

I'm certainly not buying it now. They're just making life easier for me.

Those 40 euros would go towards my PS+ sub (which will probably give me Rayman: Legends for 'free' in a year or so from now )

Only if a new Rayman is on the cards at that point for Vita ... Origins is a much more obvious Playstation Plus packin in the light of Legends coming out for Vita, don't you think? Just like Borderlands become Playstation Plus not long before Borderlands 2's release.

So life not necessarily easier.

Top Bottom