• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Account Value

mauaus

This is not exactly an e-penis contest... I was fooling around with my PSN transaction history at playstation.com and i saw all the times i added funds to my wallet to buy crap (I barely play). I added it up and this is what my account is worth:
$1,300.21
:lol

I really need to stop buying random shit i dont play...
Im thinking about you Braid, Hustle Kings, Ninja turtles, Minis, Tank Battles, UNO, among others...

Come on thursday!!! Gimme some more random crap!!

P.D. Im not saying these games are crap, im just saying i dont play them.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I've purchased every one of my PSN titles off Amazon so my total money spent on PSN is still $0 Then again maybe it counts vouchers as full price purchases...

InterMoniker said:
cool-story-bro.jpg

banned meme is banned

mauaus

MikeE21286 said:
So....how many sharing activations do you have left? Wanna trade? :lol
Haha none, the sad part is i gave the rest of my shares to my a friend, my brother and a couple of cousins, and they are all too cheap to chip in

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I'd estimate mine at about £100.

I'd like to get back into XBLA and PSN again. I stopped when I bought Axel and Pixel and Towerbloxx and never played them. Needed a god damn intervention.

johnnylineup

Neo Member
Mine is definitely pretty high, i've been scared to add it all up but if thats the game we're playing i'll do it when I get home. Not sure if it will be as high as the OP but its gotta be up there.

obaidr

Banned
"our" account is about 500€ worth. To the OP I think you could probably sell your account on Ebay. If you sell it for 350$ and still have 4 activation you could almost get that money back haha

mooooose

I've charged my parents's credit card like $300 over three years. I feel sad. Like $10 a month. I never even realized it. It adds up. Wow.

vgachi57

mine is probably close to 150-200, i think. but wow, that is a lot of money. do you also have a xbox live account? curious what that one's worth.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Between the 'box and PS3 I've probably spent near 1000 in space bucks. My Rock Band days are to blame for easily half of that as well as my bad habit of impulse purchasing.
Thankfully I don't buy more games than I can play, I only regret a few of the downloadable games that I own.

You should play Hustle Kings, it's pretty fun.

mauaus

Snuggler said:
Between the 'box and PS3 I've probably spent near 1000 in space bucks. My Rock Band days are to blame for easily half of that as well as my bad habit of impulse purchasing.
Thankfully I don't buy more games than I can play, though, I only regret a few of the downloadable games that I own.

You should play Hustle Kings, it's pretty fun.
Got as far as the tutorial, liked it a lot!!

Filldough

I didn't know you could look up how much you'd spent on the PSN. I'm scared to know how much money I've wasted on add on's and random downloads. I even paid for Rag Doll Kung fu when it came out if thats any indicator of my foolishness... *shakes head in shame*

mauaus

Filldough said:
I didn't know you could look up how much you'd spent on the PSN. I'm scared to know how much money I've wasted on add on's and random downloads. I even paid for Rag Doll Kung fu when it came out if thats any indicator of my foolishness... *shakes head in shame*
Hahaha so did I, and i even played it for 15 minutes!!!

Filldough

mauaus said:
Hahaha so did I, and i even played it for 15 minutes!!!

I think I got thru the tutorial and by the time I could actually play I was bored of it haha. I was playing single player though, maybe its better with a few people. Still regret that purchase though... Oh speaking of regret, how bout those Go Sports games? Skydiving? Skiing? Holy lord were those a waste of money... Fuck I am going to pretend you didn't start this thread, the less I know of my foolish spending the better!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm just glad I got Rag Doll when it was free. It probably had some of the worst controls ever.

btw. what happenend to the sharing thread? locked?

Yeah, it was locked. I'm not sure why but maybe it was because sharing isn't necessarily sanctioned by Sony (as far as I know) so it could be seen as inappropriate for GAF discussion.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
mauaus said:
i brought shame to my family... probably going the way of the samurai

As an act of contrition you have to keep playing Rag Doll Kung Fu until you've earned all of the trophies, it's the only way to redeem yourself.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Game Store: $0
Video Store: $15-ish? (rentals-only so value is prolly $0)

Now where's Speevy? His total is probably even more insane then anyone elses o_O

Damn, I don't even want to think about how much cash I've poured into XBLA and various '360 DLC. I know it's easily double or triple whatever amount I've put into PSN.

Dogenzaka

Banned
The absolutely hilarious thing is that all of that money is going to be wasted when in 1 or 2 console generations, you won't be able to play them anymore (hence Microsoft cutting Xbox support).

Digital downloads are risky business.

slider

OP, or anyone else, is there an easy way to total up your expenditure on the official site? Or did you do it manually? I'm intrigued... have a feeling I've spent an awful lot but can't be bothered to add it up.

Dogenzaka said:
The absolutely hilarious thing is that all of that money is going to be wasted when in 1 or 2 console generations, you won't be able to play them anymore (hence Microsoft cutting Xbox support).

Exactly.

Hmmm... only $100

flOw Bundle
Lemmings
PixelJunk Monsters
Super Stardust HD
Siren: Blood Curse Episodes 1-4
Warhawk Booster Combo
PixelJunk Eden
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Burnout Paradise Legendary Cars Collection
FlOwer
Rag Doll Kung Fu (Free)
Hustle Kings

What PSN game am I missing that I should purchase right away?

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Meier said:
$1,300 is kind of an obscene amount of money. What in the world did you buy to spend that much?

Are you serious? Think how many games that you've bought over the years for either XBLA or PSN. Each game is at least 5 bucks, with the average being 10-15. You'll have spent easily over 200-300 dollars.

Now think about the folks who buy almost every game on either service. Yes. There's folks like that out there....

I'm at roughly $130. Those Rock Band songs add up.

Dogenzaka said:

I don't understand this line of thinking. Even if the stuff doesn't work on the PS4, whats going to stop you from plugging in your PS3 and playing it on there?

mauaus

Meier said:
$1,300 is kind of an obscene amount of money. What in the world did you buy to spend that much?
Theres a LOT of rockband in there...

slider said:
OP, or anyone else, is there an easy way to total up your expenditure on the official site? Or did you do it manually? I'm intrigued... have a feeling I've spent an awful lot but can't be bothered to add it up.

I did it manually just counting the times i added funds as my current balance is about $2 :lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
DLC too. I've bought Wipeout and expansion, Trine at full price, Battle Fantasia, Tekken with the online add on, DLC up the ass. I don't keep track of what I've actually spent or the number of games but it's a lot. And this is just my main account, I have an alt family account too. I also have 92 dollars in my account to prep for the next few months. This week is Borderlands DLC, Grandia, Age of Zombies, and that's about it.

Top Bottom