• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Account Value

Houston3000 said:
Hmmm... only $100

flOw Bundle
Lemmings
PixelJunk Monsters
Super Stardust HD
Siren: Blood Curse Episodes 1-4
Warhawk Booster Combo
PixelJunk Eden
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Burnout Paradise Legendary Cars Collection
FlOwer
Rag Doll Kung Fu (Free)
Hustle Kings

What PSN game am I missing that I should purchase right away?

no WipEout HD? No Everyday shooter? no Fat Princess? no Pixeljunk Shooter?

There are a lot of really good PSN games I also personally recommend Trash Panic and Critter Crunch

Alastor

Let's see...

Tekken 5, Pixel Junk Eden, Flow (free), Flower, RDKF (free), Wipeout HD, Super Stardust HD. Some RB2 DLC. Yeah, that's pretty much it.

I prefer to have my games in boxes on my shelf, but on the other hand, I really start to appreciate that "click & play" part of downloadable stuff. But i'll NEVER buy something on PSN out of curiosity/because it's NEW!/because I have nothing better to do with money.

Filldough

mauaus said:
I did it manually

Why would you do this to yourself? You're a sadist, what makes it worse though is now you've raised an awareness of all of our wasteful spending. You must be punished!! Snuggler has it right, you have to get all trophies on RagDoll Kung Fu now! :lol

Dogenzaka

Banned
Shalashaska161 said:
I'm at roughly $130. Those Rock Band songs add up.

I don't understand this line of thinking. Even if the stuff doesn't work on the PS4, whats going to stop you from plugging in your PS3 and playing it on there?

Well...let's say Sony says bye-bye to the PlayStation Network and launches a new, improved, PS4-only online-experience that will replace what you had before (aka XBL 360 over XBL Original).

maximm2k

Neo Member
$1300 is crazy... I bought Final Fantasy VII for my PSP and that's it. I spend most of my points on the 360, and im a little teeny weeny bit against digital downloads as im not able or allowed to sell them.

But yeah. I paid $10 for that Rainbow Six dlc and the next day it became free. Good times...

Chris R

Dogenzaka said:
Well...let's say Sony says bye-bye to the PlayStation Network and launches a new, improved, PS4-only online-experience that will replace what you had before (aka XBL 360 over XBL Original).
You still should be able to play all the shit you bought before. It isn't like there is a check to see if some new and better thing has come along and if there is you can't play the games you bought :lol

Sure ONLINE support might be gone, and you might not be able to download the game any more, but if it is on your system and you enjoy playing the single player portion, it should work just fine :lol

Dogenzaka said:
Well...let's say Sony says bye-bye to the PlayStation Network and launches a new, improved, PS4-only online-experience that will replace what you had before* (aka XBL 360 over XBL Original).
*And goes all CyberDyne and erases your PS3 harddrive so you can't play the games it has on it.

And I noticed when I bought Halo Legends through the Zune marketplace that it says upfront that the license to download is only guaranteed good until 2016. As lame as it is that it might expire, being upfront about it makes it bother not much at all.

Filldough

KittyKittyBangBang said:

There are a lot of really good PSN games I also personally recommend Trash Panic and Critter Crunch

I'll second WipEout HD, Pixeljunk Shooter and Critter Crunch (x's 10 as Critter Crunch is cheap and TONS of fun)

I think I might have bought into the Fat Princess hype a bit too much and ended up relatively disappointed. I still play it on occasion though so its definitely not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination.

Alastor

Filldough said:
you have to get all trophies on RagDoll Kung Fu now! :lol

If you start doing that, you may find out that the game actually has some deep and might be fun after memorizing the controls. I really had a pretty good time with RDKF.

mauaus

Alastor(RagDoll Kung Fu Developer) said:
If you start doing that, you may find out that the game actually has some deep and might be fun after memorizing the controls. I really had a pretty good time with RDKF.
:lol

About $420.
There's a few games I didn't redownload when I got my new PS3, and I didn't include DLC or Qore either. Also, I didn't remember whether a handful of games were $15 or $10... so yeah... around there.

Out of all of the games I purchased, the games I consider a waste are LocoRoco Corrocheco (sp) and echochrome, because I barely played either one of them. I don't even know why I bought them, honestly.

Carl

I've probably spent around £1000.

Adding up all transactions as far back as they go it adds up to £600 ish. But that only goes back to last February. So yeah it's probably wayyyy over the £1000 mark knowing my buying habits

mauaus

Carl said:
I've probably spent around £1000.

Adding up all transactions as far back as they go it adds up to £600 ish. But that only goes back to last February. So yeah it's probably wayyyy over the £1000 mark knowing my buying habits
You can go back by selecting smaller periods but why would you want to torture yourself

$192.55 for me...

Everyday Shooter
flOw
Mortal Kombat II
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Destruction Derby
Warhawk
PAIN
PixelJunk Monsters
PixelJunk Eden
Linger in Shadows
Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix
Flower
NOBY NOBY BOY
WipEout HD Fury

RedStep

PSN Value = about $60

XBL Value = at least $1,237.99 (you have to go one month at a time, per 5 cards on my account, for 3 years... probably missing some)

Carl

Okay perhaps not quite so much as i thought (yay) but still wayyyy too much

2007: £95
2008: £211.65
2009: £476.21
2010: £54.57

Total: £839.43 (approx. $1 295 according to Google)

mauaus

Carl said:

:lol we need an intervention :(

slider

mauaus said:
Go to us.playstation.com then my profile and then manage account.

From a quick glance I don't think the UK site is set up in the same way... (Probably just as well.)

Carl

mauaus said:
:lol we need an intervention :(

Definitely.

Or i could just kill the part of my brain which pipes up every thursday and says "That looks good!". Because more often than not, i buy it, download it, and never fucking play it.

mauaus

mauaus said:
Definitely.

Or i could just kill the part of my brain which pipes up every thursday and says "That looks good!". Because more often than not, i buy it, download it, and never fucking play it.
fixed it :lol

Filldough

Carl said:
Definitely.

Speaking of which, this looks fun! I WANT THIS FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN I DON'T HAVE IT YET! http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/coming-to-psn-tomorrow-greed-corp/

Coming Soon for PSN Addicts, the PSN IV - Paid for content is now pumped directly into your veins! (note actual content does not contain games but rather sugar water and mild sedatives to reduce the buyers remorse from all your foolish knee jerk purchases)

DCharlie

Banned
Speevy's should be off the chart!

Mine :

JPN -- 41,000 yen
US -- 1400 USD (roughly)
UK -- 130 GBP

Total, plus conversions, roughly :

$2550

<womanfromaliensencasedinwall> ... kill me. </womanfromaliensencasedinwall>

In order of purchase date:

Twisted Metal 2: $5.99
WipEout HD: $19.99
PixelJunk Eden: $4.99
Suikoden: $5.99
Valkyria Chronicles DLC (x3): $10.97
Bionic Commando: Rearmed: $4.99
WipEout HD: Fury: $9.99
Gunstar Heroes: $2.99

Total: $65.90

Pretty tame, actually

KittyKittyBangBang said:

Well life got pretty hectic for me around June last year which explains why I never bought Fat Princess, Pixeljunk Shooter, Trash Panic, or Critter Crunch and I already own Everyday Shooter on Steam. Never been a huge fan of the WipEout series though so I don't know if I'd spent $20 for it.

I may check out Critter Crunch or Trash Panic, thanks!

I have $46.96. Would be more if developers made more demos for their games.

Critter Crunch
Fat Princess
Noby Noby Boy
Wipeout HD

On XBL, I'm close to a grand but not sure if that's right considering all the deals I get on point cards. I never pay full price for them. Also, I've had the system since the midnight launch and Geometry Wars was my first download purchase but I only got my PS3 in the last year I guess or a little more.

-viper-

Banned
Burnout Paradise + All DLC = £23
Wipeout HD = £14
Wipeout HD Fury Addon = £10?
KZ3 DLC = £15
Warhawk = £20
Bionic Commando = £7
Calling All Cars = £5

mauaus

DCharlie said:
Speevy's should be off the chart!

Mine :

JPN -- 41,000 yen
US -- 1400 USD (roughly)
UK -- 130 GBP

Total, plus conversions, roughly :

$2550

<womanfromaliensencasedinwall> ... kill me. </womanfromaliensencasedinwall>

Thank you for making us feel normal :D

SmokyDave

Mine is coming in at just under £1000 at the moment (£96x.xx).

I'd itemise it but let's just say I buy everything that interests me (PS3 & PSP) and any game that goes on sale at under £3. I'm worried about my account transitioning next gen, I won't lie.

obaidr

Banned
Carl said:

But look it if you cut it down to a monthly basis it means you paid:

2007: 7.91/Month
2008: 17.63/Month
2009: 39.68/Month
2010: 27.28/Month

It is your hobby, so how much is it worth to you? I dont think it so sssoo much. Imagine you would love to go to cinema three times per month, you would probably have the same amount of money spent on your hobby more or less. I think in four years it really is not too much if you could enjoy you self while playing what you bought.

Meier

mauaus said:
Theres a LOT of rockband in there...
Yeah, Rock Band/SingStar/Guitar Hero/etc. add up. Still man.. wow! I'd imagine across the Wii, PS3 and 360, I'm at like $300-400 tops.

mauaus

obaidr said:
But look it if you cut it down to a monthly basis it means you paid:

2007: 7.91/Month
2008: 17.63/Month
2009: 39.68/Month
2010: 27.28/Month

It is your hobby, so how much is it worth to you? I dont think it so sssoo much. Imagine you would love to go to cinema three times per month, you would probably have the same amount of money spent on your hobby more or less. I think in four years it really is not too much if you could enjoy you self while playing what you bought.
I dont really feel bad for having spent all that money, all im saying is i could benefit from better buying habits...

You guys are big spenders. Let me see.
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo: 9.99
Valkyria Chronicles DLC: 4.99
Flower: 9.99
SF2THDR:9.99
BlazBlue Costume Pack 1: 4.99
Critter Crunch: 3.49
MvC2: 7.49

$50.93
You know what's funny. That's a lot higher than I had expected :lol :lol
Not big on DLC or Digital Distribution, but if it's something I like, it's an instant buy. I'll think I'll cut back on DLC and just wait until the game comes with it.

mauaus

Meier said:
Yeah, Rock Band/SingStar/Guitar Hero/etc. add up. Still man.. wow! I'd imagine across the Wii, PS3 and 360, I'm at like $300-400 tops.
This is just PS3 and PSP, had an xbox but i sold it, i remember buying castle crashers, UNO and Alien something in there

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
US account: US$289.93 (~AU$328.27)
AU account: AU$102.15 ($92.15 in purchases plus $10 I loaded but haven't used.)

I'm assuming the cost amounts listed are in the local currency as per the country settings of the PSN account.

TOTAL: ~AU$430.42

More than I expected. :lol The massive difference between the two accounts is because it is/was often cheaper by at least a buck or two to get the game you want/ed from the US Store.

As far as XBLA is concerned, I've bought Shadow Complex, Braid and Worms. WiiWare I haven't touched at all.

zeelman

I have spent a grand total of $0 on PSN. :lol

There's lots of games I'd like to get from it, but I just have not gotten around to it yet.

$74.41 of total purchases, that is with some sales here and there. I probably have spent around the same on the 360. With $74~ I could have bought a new retail game or 8 or 9 PSN games so I think it's worth it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ratchet and Clank: Q4B: $9.99 + tax
Badman PSP: $9.99 + tax
Flower: $9.99 + tax
Jeopardy: $9.99 + tax
Critter Crunch: $6.99 + tax
Trash Panic: $4.99 + tax
Elefunk: $4.99 + tax

$56.93 * 1.13 = $64.33

WiiWare / VC: Probably at least a few hundred.

XBLA: Probably at least a few thousand.

Cornbread78

Snuggler said:
As an act of contrition you have to keep playing Rag Doll Kung Fu until you've earned all of the trophies, it's the only way to redeem yourself.

Holy crap, that far to tedious a punishment.... seriously. I played 4 hours and got 1 fu(king trophy, now that is 4 hours of my life I'll NEVER get back dammit. I'm so glad that D/L was free:D

Worst waste of money: Maps for Resistance 2
Best DLC for the Money: Maps for Killzone2
most expensive: Tekken 5 (19.99)
most random: costumes for LBP. so damn cute I couldn't resist!

Top Bottom