• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Account Value

Stumpokapow said:
Ratchet and Clank: Q4B: $9.99 + tax
Badman PSP: $9.99 + tax
Flower: $9.99 + tax
Jeopardy: $9.99 + tax
Critter Crunch: $6.99 + tax
Trash Panic: $4.99 + tax
Elefunk: $4.99 + tax

$56.93 * 1.13 = $64.33

WiiWare / VC: Probably at least a few hundred.

XBLA: Probably at least a few thousand.
PSN doesn't charge tax. The amount you see is the amount you pay.

ant3b

Well I think I spend close to 1500 on psn/xbl games.

I have 120 XBLA games say .. 1000 points a pop on average..

i have 36 psn games. 7 pound on average..

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
zerokoolpsx said:
Wow, that sucks. Paying taxes on digital games/avatar/virtual items = wallet rape. Maybe it's time to move? :D

... no, I don't think I'm going to move somewhere to save 13% on $60 over 3 years.

If there was a way to see the grand total without adding them all up separatly, I may be curious to look. But I just do not want to know the massive amount of money I've spent in the PS Store (across all region accounts too).
To give you an idea, I have every PSN game except one or two.

Anyway I just like to see it as a substitute for small ($5-$15) weekly purchases, like buying some random food or coffee in real life. Money goes really fast on that stuff but you don't see anyone tallying those up and hanging their head in shame do you?

LosDaddie

Banned
I'd say I'm at about $50 for PSN and about $300 for XBL.

mauaus said:
I really need to stop buying random shit i dont play...

Yes, you do. Saves a lot of money and reduces stress.

Dogenzaka said:
The absolutely hilarious thing is that all of that money is going to be wasted when in 1 or 2 console generations, you won't be able to play them anymore (hence Microsoft cutting Xbox support).

Digital downloads are risky business.

Wasted? :lol :lol 2 console gens from now you should've already got your money's worth out of games you bought this gen. If you haven't, then that's your problem. And besides, your PS3 will still have these games stored.

Also, you can still play every Xbox game, just not online.

SmokyDave

jetsetfluken said:
If there was a way to see the grand total without adding them all up separatly, I may be curious to look. But I just do not want to know the massive amount of money I've spent in the PS Store (across all region accounts too).
To give you an idea, I have every PSN game except one or two.

Anyway I just like to see it as a substitute for small ($5-$15) weekly purchases, like buying some random food or coffee in real life. Money goes really fast on that stuff but you don't see anyone tallying those up and hanging their head in shame do you?
Yup, me too. Everyone buys some fluff or other during the week that they don't need. I just cut out a coffee here and a pint there and use the money on PSN instead. I'll be gutted if my PS4 doesn't take the account details and transfer everything over but it won't be the end of the world, I don't keep my old coffee cups and pint glasses around for 5 years or more.

Oh yeah, and I'm 95% sure the XBL and PSN library (Wii on the other hand doesn't seem like it's going to transfer unless they introduce a utility in a future update when the next Nintendo console arrives) of games WILL carry over into next generation - the next Xbox and Playstation's stores will have this stuff either in their own sections or just a part of the unified marketplaces with no separation.

Do people really think they're going to start from scratch with all the work it took to get all of this content there during this generation?
Even for Nintendo, extremely slim chance they will just drop all the VC/WiiWare titles and have no way of being purchased and played on their latest hardware.

The argument of "uh, uh, BUT THEY'RE DROPPING XBOX 1 SUPPORT" and such is null, because there was never any online marketplaces on PS2 or XB.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Well I thought my XBLA account would be worth more, but apparently I've only spent about 35,000 Microsoft points and somewhere around 20,000 of those would have been totally free, not even counting gifted points cards or points cards bought in a sale... so probably I've only spent $175 or so on XBLA :p

jetsetfluken said:
The argument of "uh, uh, BUT THEY'RE DROPPING XBOX 1 SUPPORT" and such is null, because there was never any online marketplaces on PS2 or XB.

Xboxlivearcadexb1.jpg

I just tallied my total on excel. Since December 31,2006 until now.....
$1152.42

Welp. Time to slow down and save up. look at that vacation money!

joesmokey

I've spent a lot more than I thought I have on PSN: $187.80

Mortal Kombat II
Super Stardust HD
flOw
Warhawk - was wondering what the $42 charge was from
PixelJunk Monsters
SSH Solo Add-on
PixelJunk Eden
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Qore (lol what a mistake)
Mega Man 9
WipEout HD
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
Flower
Heavy Rain theme

Stumpokapow said:
I loved that, only game I owned on it was Marble Blast and daaaamn I was hooked! :D

I believe in the Uk at least it was classed as an arcade "beta" but my money was well spent and used at the time.

Snuggler said:
Yeah, it was locked. I'm not sure why but maybe it was because sharing isn't necessarily sanctioned by Sony (as far as I know) so it could be seen as inappropriate for GAF discussion.

That and all the inappropriate begging (and at times stalkerish PMs for no apparent reason).

That said, I'm positive I've spend more than $400 on PSN.

akachan ningen said:
My account value is low. I'm part of a long-term sharing group so I spend like 2-3 dollars per game. :D

Now this is where problems may very well come in play with how Sony introduces next generation's marketplace. People may argue about them not carrying it over, but the whole sharing thing is something I've strayed away from. Seen many horror stories and perma-bans because of it too (yes, any money on anything you bought in the Store would then be useless).

jetsetfluken said:
Now this is where problems may very well come in play with how Sony introduces next generation's marketplace. People may argue about them not carrying it over, but the whole sharing thing is something I've strayed away from. Seen many horror stories and perma-bans because of it too (yes, any money on anything you bought in the Store would then be useless).

why would they ban people? don't they have game sharing for this reason? maybe I should edit that...

Speevy

Banned
I've slowed down recently, but I have nearly 300 games if you're curious.

Liquidmetal14 has every game I do. (this is not one account, and is not everything I have, but most of it)

1) Rampage
2) Bionic Commando Rearmed
3) 1942: Joint Strike
4) Joust
5) Commando 3
6) Gauntlet 2
7) Super Puzzle Fighter HD
8) Q-Bert
9) Tekken 5
10) Lemmings
11) Gripshift
12) Mortal Kombat 2
13) Jeopardy
14) Go! Sudoku
15) The Last Guy
16) Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
17) Pixeljunk Eden
18) Siren: Full Game
19) Elefunk
20) Fatal Inertia
21) Dark Mist
22) Novastrike
23) High Stakes Poker on the Vegas Strip
24) Echochrome
25) Warhawk
26) Go! Sports Skydiving
27) Go! Puzzle
28) Pixeljunk Monsters Eden
29) PAIN
30) Operation Creature Feature
31) Snakeball
32) Trials of Topoq
33) High Velocity Bowling
34) Everyday Shooter
35) Go! Sports Ski
36) Locoroco Cocorecho
37) Super Rub-a-Dub
38) flOw
39) Calling All Cars
40) Super Stardust HD
41) Piyotama
42) Einhander
43) Coolboarders
44) 2xtreme
45) Crash Bandicoot: Warped
46) Superlite 1500: Cotton Original
47) Guilty Gear
48) Bishi Bashi Special
49) Gunner's Heaven
50) Fatal Fury Dominated Mind
51) Adventures of Little Ralph
52) King of Fighters 98
53) Medievil
54) Crash 2: Cortex Strikes Back
55) Jumping Flash
56) Hot Shots Golf 2
57) Crash Bandicoot
58) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
59) Street Fighter Alpha
60) Rayman
61) Rakugaki Showtime
62) R-Type Delta
63) Philosoma
64) Raystorm
65) Twisted Metal 2
66) Syphon Filter 3
67) R-Types
68) Sypnon Filter
69) Um Jammer Lammy
70) Ape Escape
71) Samurai Showdown 1 and 2
72) Silent Bomber
73) Wai Wai Tennis
74) Warhawk (PS1)
75) Wild Arms
76) Spyro the Dragon
77) Tekken 2
78) Wipeout (PS1)
79) Tori-Emaki
80) Mesmerize
81) Aquatopia
82) Wipeout HD
83) Megaman 9
84) Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars
85) Linger in Shadows
86) Jigsaw World
87) Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, Revenge of the Plague Lord
88) Toy Home
89) Geon
90) Money Idol Exchanger
91) Crash Team Racing
92) Tall Infinity
93) Mr. Driller
94) Psychic Force 2
95) Arkanoid Returns
96) Prince of Persia Classic
97) Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode 1
98) Age of Booty
99) Metal Slug X
100) Syphon Filter
101) XI Jumbo
102) TOMARUNNER
103) Resident Evil
104) Soldner-X
105) Penny Arcade Adventures, Episode 2
106) Brave Fencer Musashi
107) YoYo's Puzzle Park
108) Brain Challenge
109) Ehrhgeiz
110) Super Street Fighter HD Remix
111) My Hot Cooking
112) Panekit
113) Rayman 2
114) Castlevania Chronicles
115) Crash Commando
116) Jumping Flash 2
117) Arcade Hits Raiden
118) Power Up Forever
119) Penny Arcade Adventures 2
120) Pixeljunk Racers
121) Magicball
122) Dezaemon Plus
123) Savage Moon
124) Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
125) Cuboid
126) Lumines Supernova
127) Everybody's Putter Golf with Toro
128) GTI Club
129) Tiny Bullets
130) Arcade Hits Shienryu
131) King of Fighters 99
132) Dead or Alive
133) G-Darius
134) Front Mission 2
135) Bushido Blade
136) Culdcept Expansion Plus
137) Dezaemon Kids
138) Waiwai Kusayakyu
139) Suikoden
140) Carom Shot 2
141) Puzzle Bobble 3DX
142) G-Police
143) Goemon RPG
144) Konami MSX Collection 2
145) Kula World
146) Puchi Carat
147) Bloody Roar
148) Fire Pro G
149) RayCrisis
150) Jet Moto 2
151) Motor Toon: USA Edition
152) Fish Eyes 2
153) Burnout Paradise
154) Bejewled 2
155) NHL Arcade
156) flower
157) Noby Noby Boy
158) Zuma
159) Rampart
160) Astro Tripper
161) Red Baron Arcade
162) Blast Factor
163) Buzz Jr. Jungle Party
164) Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
165) Spyro: Year of the Dragon
166) Zen Pinball
167) Xi
168) Brigandine: Grand Edition
169) Texas Cheat Em'
170) Blockids
171) Ragdoll Kung Fu
172) Comet Crash
173) Namco Museum.comm
174) Arcade Hits Frisky Tom
175) Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
176) Burn Zombie Burn
177) Wheel of Fortune
178) Samurai Showdown IV
179) Minna de Spelunker
180) Crystal Defenders
181) Catan
182) Shatter
183) Namco Museum.comm
184) Bushido Blade 2
185) Soukaigi
186) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled
187) Buzz Jr: Robo Jam
188) TV Show King
189) Coolboarders 2
190) Tomb Raider
191) Tomb Raider 2
192) Sim City 2000
193) Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
194) Trash Panic
195) Tall Twins Tower
196) Devil's Crush
197) Bomberman 94
198) Wild Arms 2
199) Tilk
200) Final Fantasy 7
201) Metal Gear Solid
202) Battle Tanks
203) Smash Cars
204) Marvel vs. Capcom 2
205) Fat Princess
206) Battlefield 1942
207) Punisher: No Mercy
208) Droplitz
209) Heavy Weapon
210) Gunstar Heroes
211) Bomberman Ultra
212) Cellfactor
213) Wolfenstein 3D
214) Puzzle Quest Galactrix
215) Outrun Online Arcade
216) Flock
217) Silent Hill
218) Coolboarders 3
219) Front Mission Alternative
220) Ten Pin Alley
221) Spec Ops Ranger Elite
222) XS Junior League Soccer
223) Spec Ops Stealth Patrol
224) Gaiaseed: Project Seed Trap
225) Mobile Light Force
226) Medal of Honor Underground
227) Street Fighter Alpha 2
228) Medal of Honor
229) Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
230) Project Gaiaray
231) Space Invaders
232) Tail of the Sun
233) Monster Farm Jump
234) Magical Drop F
235) Poy Poy
236) Pop n' Pop
237) Zombie Apocalypse
238) Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
239) Diner Dash
240) Numblast
241) Vagrant Story
242) Final Fantasy VIII
243) Bonk's Revenge
244) 1 on 1
245) Lucifer Ring
246) Rapid Angel
247) Resident Evil 2
248) Resident Evil 3
249) Reel Fishing
250) Peggle
251) Magic Carpet
252) Frogger Returns
253) Pixeljunk Shooter
254) Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
255) Gex: Deep Cover Gecko
256) Braid
257) Military Madness: Nectaris
258) Inferno Pool
259) topatoi
260) Mushroom Wars
261) Trine
262) .detuned
263) Critter Crunch
264) Vandal Hearts
265) Battle Fantasia
266) Thexder Neo
267) Assault Heroes
268) Gravity Crash
269) Hustle Kings
270) Madden NFL Arcade

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
DCharlie said:
Speevy's should be off the chart!
I'm more curious about your XBL spent ;)
This thread made me realize I'm already in multiple hundreds myself, and I didn't even suspect it. And about half of it is on PSP games too.

I'm wondering though, how digital spending of frequent buyers compares to their retail and hw spending.

LosDaddie

Banned
Snuggler said:
Yeah, it was locked. I'm not sure why but maybe it was because sharing isn't necessarily sanctioned by Sony (as far as I know) so it could be seen as inappropriate for GAF discussion.

It wasn't surprising, at least to me, that the PSN Sharing thread was closed. I know some fanboys argued otherwise, but I don't believe Sony ever intended for the system to work like that. In fact, I was surprised sharing was even a possibility.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
PSN: $220.75
360: ~$1168.75 ($968.75 in direct purchases on Live/~$200 spent on points cards when they were on sale)
(Hello Rock Band)
Wii: About $100 probably (Virtual Console only, within 1st year. Haven't logged back in since)

For reference, and because I need to keep reminding myself that I have a severe problem:
http://www.backloggery.com/breakyboy

Fafalada said:
I'm wondering though, how digital spending of frequent buyers compares to their retail and hw spending.

Does this help you in your research? :/

Speevy

Banned
LosDaddie said:
It wasn't surprising, at least to me, that the PSN Sharing thread was closed. I know some fanboys argued otherwise, but I don't believe Sony ever intended for the system to work like that. In fact, I was surprised sharing was even a possibility.

It wasn't a moderator who decided it should be closed. It was the thread starter. As far as I know, Neogaf mods neither support nor condemn game-sharing.

akachan ningen said:
why would they ban people? don't they have game sharing for this reason? maybe I should edit that...

Technically, they don't have "game sharing". Sony never made the primary purpose of intent for people to be able to buy the games then have their friends (on another PS3) login to their friend's account and download everything for free that their friend's account bought.
The system was put into place in case of hardware failures and such, so you can re-download your purchased Store items.

MedHead

My account is worth about $521 (US). I think this includes the few videos I purchased (all of which have stopped working for me due to a bad transfer from one hard drive to another--and I can't download them again) and PSP-related items.

Carl

obaidr said:
But look it if you cut it down to a monthly basis it means you paid:

2007: 7.91/Month
2008: 17.63/Month
2009: 39.68/Month
2010: 27.28/Month

It is your hobby, so how much is it worth to you? I dont think it so sssoo much. Imagine you would love to go to cinema three times per month, you would probably have the same amount of money spent on your hobby more or less. I think in four years it really is not too much if you could enjoy you self while playing what you bought.

I guess that's true though i have also bought 62 full priced PS3 games in that time, and about 10 PS2 games.

Nevermind, like you say it is my hobby. I don't really care how much money it costs me if i get a lot of enjoyment out of it, which i do. All i meant was, maybe some of that money would have been better off being spent on something else.

Carlisle

Wow, I spent a TON more than I thought.

Since August 2008 (so about a year and a half): $643.16
All of it wallet transactions except I think 2 $20 PSN cards given as gifts.

I've also spent around $30 or so on the Japanese store.

Xbox Live... I dunno, but it's significantly less because I've had it for less time, plus I rarely get stuff on it anymore since PS3 HDD >>>>> 360 HDD.

Wii... I'm scared to look at Wii. I've had it the longest of all current gen consoles by a good 2.5 years. I wouldn't be surprised if I was over $1K for VC downloads. I am one nostalgic motherfucker.

Microsoft's billing site only goes back a year and I'm too lazy to look everything up through the huge ass history log, but just seeing some of the shit I've bought in the last year is kinda depressing. The Wizard's Tower from fucking Oblivion for $1.20? I haven't played that game since 2006.

DemiMatt

Hopefully under 100

From the top of my head...

ALl the LBP DLC until the MGS

Valkyria Chronicles DLC 10
RE5 5
SF HD 15
Puzzle Fighrer HD 10
Mega Man + dlc = 12?

Thats about it id say.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I buy everything good. If I don't play it for months it will still be good later. The only bad purchase I made is Fat Princess although even in that case I thought the challenges were alright so whatever.

zerokoolpsx said:
Wow, that sucks. Paying taxes on digital games/avatar/virtual items = wallet rape. Maybe it's time to move? :D

Not only that, if you live in these states and buy a PSN card at the store you are charged tax on the card... then when you get home and buy something online, you are taxed *again*. Love that double tax!

grumble

Got, I'm probably at 600+ CAD. There are a few games that I regret buying (Digger HD is an example, what the hell was I thinking), but for the most part I enjoyed them all. I don't buy games until I'm going to play them, leaving my backlog at 0, as it should be for most rational people (unless there's a game you really think is going to be unavailable soon).

my German account: 165,07€
my Hongkong account: HK$78
my Japanese account: ¥980 (though via ebay PSN card so it was a bit more expensive)
my UK account: £0 (but £20 ready in the wallet via - actually cheaper - PSN card)
my US account: $161.84 (no tax btw :p )
my Austrian/actual gaming account: 0€

no video store content bought, almost no PSP stuff and rarely DLC.
I actually play the stuff I buy, with the exceptions of PSone games which created a huge PS1 backlog...

so ignoring the different currency conversions of the times I used my cc and adding the few unused funds, this results to:
about US$ 450 spend in PSN, more than I expected.

I share with my buddy who probably spend quite a bit more though mostly because his cc isn't accepted in the us store so he sticks with the € prices.
Last time I checked, combined we have ca. 40% of all PSN games (not counting PSP, PSone, minis etc.).

- About 10 psx games = $60
- At least $200 on rockband songs
- 60 psn games at 10 on average = $600
- Valkyria DLC, RE5 DLC, Encore editions of PJ games, lots of LBP costumes and packs, etc = at least $50 more from me

So only $910 for me. And I don't mind if I'm not able to play all of those on my PS4 but I expect to be able to redownload those for at least another 10 years.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Mines over $200 I think.

I'm planning to get lesser games this year compared to last year:

Should I cancel my purchase on Castle Crashers PS3 since I don't play multiplayer games at all?

Haunted

As someone with a wide range of tastes, and someone who's - at times - very forgiving about games with flaws or low budget affairs.... I honestly don't think there are 1,300$ of games on the PSN worth having.

Across all three platforms, sure.

vazel

Banned
Haunted said:
As someone with a wide range of tastes, and someone who's - at times - very forgiving about games with flaws or low budget affairs.... I honestly don't think there are 1,300$ of games on the PSN worth having.

Across all three platforms, sure.
Then you aren't as forgiving as you say. I don't think there are $1300 of games worth having either but I'm picky about my games. I can see how people can spend that much if they are forgiving about their games.

What I'm not as picky about are 2D games. I'd spend that much on Virtual Console if I could. <3 sprites.

Top Bottom