• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN, Battlenet, Riot, and others DDOSed; PSN returning lightly toasted with butter

Izuna

Banned
300px-PiratesVsTemp%28en%29.svg.png

Wooooow!!!!!

spirity

I don't think it is a humanity issue, more like a young male issue.

It is probably a good thing that women as a group will be dominant in a few decades if recent trends continue. Women are better able to adapt and compete in non-religious, post-industrial societies.

What the fuck

I think this isn't referred to security of PSN, but the service instead, that is very crappy and slow. Even the web store is slow as hell.

Hmmm, I've never really had a problem with the service. Though the store on Ps3 is criminal.

But what does doing a DDos attack prove? Majority of services would be crippled not just Sony.

Usobuko

Banned
I don't think it is a humanity issue, more like a young male issue.

It is probably a good thing that women as a group will be dominant in a few decades if recent trends continue. Women are better able to adapt and compete in non-religious, post-industrial societies.

Little man does injustice in times of seclusion.

frizby

Short version of my morning: I wanted to build something in my Warframe foundry, so this kind of sucks. But, no biggie. I'll just play some Fez.

Oh. Right.

Seriously? I can't play Fez offline?

Surge

Hoping this will be fixed by the time I get home from work in 5 hours.

The clock is ticking Sony! Jk I just hope it gets resolved sometime today.

Those pricks, was away the weekend and really was looking forward to play some diablo again.
Starting my ps4, nothing happens, just the blue background. Was thinking my hdd broke down. Then he finally logged in just to show me the locked icon on my download diablo 3 version.

I hate everything right now.

Short version of my morning: I wanted to build something in my Warframe foundry, so this kind of sucks. But, no biggie. I'll just play some Fez.

Oh. Right.

I was just able to start FEZ while signed out, I only got a message saying leaderboards and cross save won't work.

Yawnier

Banned

Oh. Right.

I was just playing a bit of Fez offline yesterday lol

Mung

Oh. Right.

I played fez today no problems.

Winter John

Those pricks, was away the weekend and really was looking forward to play some diablo again.
Starting my ps4, nothing happens, just the blue background. Was thinking my hdd broke down. Then he finally logged in just to show me the locked icon on my download diablo 3 version.

I hate everything right now.

Go into settings and activate your PS4 as primary. That'll solve it.

edit. I'm not sure but you may need to be online before you can activate as primary. worth trying though.

hohoXD123

Isn't a ddos a form of hacking? Either way I still don't understand what purpose this serves other than a handful of people being assholes
Probably have something against Sony or they're just very very bored. Use a DDoS attack to make people think that Sony are taking money from PS+ memberships and wiping their asses with it rather than investing it back into the security of PSN.

KJRS_1993

Isn't a ddos a form of hacking? Either way I still don't understand what purpose this serves other than a handful of people being assholes

Not really, it doesn't involve breaking into anything.
You just send requests to the server over and over and over. If it gets a ridiculous amount of them, it can't handle the amount of traffic and crashes.
No info is at any risk.

It doesn't serve any purpose. It's a few jaded kids who want a bit of fuss is all.

jimi_dini

DDOS is not hacking. It's like 1000 people meeting and walking into a store at the same time doing nothing at all and blocking that store for actual customers.

davidjwallace

Neo Member
Anybody else having trouble turning their PS4 off? Mine has been flashing the white light trying to go into standby mode for about 15 minutes now.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Reposting again (and again and again):

So it's possible other people might have issues but this should work for most people.

1. Before turning on PS4 unplug it from the router or turn off the router if it's connected via wifi and then you should be able to log in fine.

2. Then go to settings > network > uncheck "connect to the internet" and everything should work fine after that. Well anything that doesn't actually need to be online anyway.

Addition. You must disable the PS4's internet connection for your games to work

Wasp

I'm surprised they didn't wait a couple of weeks and do this DDoS on the day Destiny is released. No one being able to play Destiny would be very embarrassing for Sony and Activision.

Top Bottom