• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 01/03/08 (last week's EU and JPN too)

Passedout.jpg

angelfly

Pharmacy said:
yeah and i hope money falls outta my asshoel son.ain't gonna happen ok?????????????????????

Capcom did say early '08 and it was originally for last month so it could happen. It's also not that far from the official release date.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
http://xs123.xs.to/xs123/08014/Passedout.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Just wait until all the content is uploaded!!!! god you people do this every week!!! trust sony!!!!

I hope we get a new Resident Evil movie trailer.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Y2Kev said:
Just wait until all the content is uploaded!!!! god you people do this every week!!! trust sony!!!!

I hope we get a new Resident Evil movie trailer.

they never ever learn ..the thing is most of them don't even own a freaking PS3

Only 6 hours to go

Y2Kev said:

Trust Sony? Didn't they totally shaft the US last week? Don't they continually shaft the US on PSX releases? Yeah. Not engendering a lot of trust here. To each his own, I suppose. It would make more sense to to wait until the content is actually announced before griping, however.

Thankfully I have accounts for all regions so I was able to download and play the (Awful!) Club Demo last week.

angelfly

TheJollyCorner said:
how long has the new 'planet' visual been there for MP3 playback?

I just noticed it for the first time yesterday. Pretty stuff. :D

I know for sure it's been there since Christmas.

tanod

when is my burrito
Dr. Zoidberg said:
Trust Sony? Didn't they totally shaft the US last week?

On the December 20th post on the blog, they gave the list of content and specifically said that there would be no update in the US the week of Christmas.

Is it shafting if they tell you a week in advance? It's not like it was a surprise.

Tntnnbltn

Dr. Zoidberg said:
Trust Sony? Didn't they totally shaft the US last week? [...] Not engendering a lot of trust here.
To be fair, they let us know one week prior via the PlayStation Blog.

Wait... "engendering"?

Edit: Oh, it's a real word. :(

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Dr. Zoidberg said:
Didn't they totally shaft the US last week?
During Christmas week, you're seriously going to accuse them of "shafting" PS3 owners for not having new content out? Really? And you wonder why your criticisms of PSN get written off as less than even-handed?

Tntnnbltn

'Tis true. Australian PS3 store updated.

Downloadable Content
Folklore - Fear in the Night Pack (AU$3.45) [4 additional side quests, 1 additional folk, 1 additional costume for Ellen]

Media
Devil May Cry 4 - "Final trailer" (Free, 212 MB)

Snakeball demo now appears in the latest update section. (Before you had to go to Demos to see it)

Maggot9

Banned
bathala said:
Is US going to get Super stardust HD demo. I want to see wats all the fuzz
I think it's only a 4 minute timed demo of the first planet. A nice taste, but to get a feel of what the later levels are like, multiply all the craziness on screen by 20x.

Is there anything coming to the US store today? Why is it all crossed out? Or are we just waiting to hear from the Blog?

tanod

when is my burrito
Maggot9 said:
Is there anything coming to the US store today? Why is it all crossed out? Or are we just waiting to hear from the Blog?

Just waiting. It saves me time to keep the headings intact.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
angelfly said:
Just grab it from Europe's PSN store. It's only 148mb.

well yeah , every PS3 owner should own US , EU and JP accounts ( it's very easy to create them) to at least secure new demos every week

tanod said:
Is it shafting if they tell you a week in advance? It's not like it was a surprise.

Whether or not they told us is irrelevant. Why did the other territories get updates and the US didn't? It's not like the UK doesn't celebrate Christmas. We just got screwed. Besides, the competition had new content up that week. Look, it's not that I care all that much. I know how to grab content from the other stores. I was just responding to the "Trust Sony!" that seemed to imply that this great corporate entity always comes through. They don't.

kaching said:
And you wonder why your criticisms of PSN get written off as less than even-handed?

I expect some of you consider any criticism of Sony to be "less than even-handed". IMO, they dropped the ball last week and failed their US customers.

tanod

when is my burrito
Dr. Zoidberg said:
I was just responding to the "Trust Sony!" that seemed to imply that this great corporate entity always comes through. They don't.

Well, when they say nothing is coming out in a week, and nothing comes out. That would be a good reason TO trust them. Not the other way around.

tanod said:
Well, when they say nothing is coming out in a week, and nothing comes out. That would be a good reason TO trust them. Not the other way around.

I see what you are saying, and taken literally, I agree. They haven't lied. But what they did last week was, to me, a betrayal of trust because people expect them to post content every Thursday and they should deliver.

I wonder what percentage of PS3 owners knew about the blog post that detailed the lack of content for that day? A very small one, I assure you. Most folks probably just turned on the system that night expecting something and they got nothing.

But honestly, it's not a big deal. I just think it was poor form.

Jtrizzy

It was Christmas last week people, cut them a little slack.

In regards to SSHD--this game is freaking awesome. I just got it recently. What is the deal with the update? Aren't they adding custom soundtracks? I love having them in HVB. Anything else involved in this update?

I've gotten so many new games from the PSN over the last few weeks, and I've really only played HVB, Vegas Strip Poker, and SSDHD.

Sounds like I need to get Everyday Shooter though.

Benedict

Tntnnbltn said:
'Tis true. Australian PS3 store updated.

Downloadable Content
Folklore - Fear in the Night Pack (AU$3.45) [4 additional side quests, 1 additional folk, 1 additional costume for Ellen]

Media
Devil May Cry 4 - "Final trailer" (Free, 212 MB)

Snakeball demo now appears in the latest update section. (Before you had to go to Demos to see it)

Same for Sweden.
sad day

i don't understand the banners. what are we looking for? why are we looking for it? what is the significance of what we are looking for?

tanod

when is my burrito
xS1TH L0RDx said:
i don't understand the banners. what are we looking for? why are we looking for it? what is the significance of what we are looking for?
Work your way back through the PSN thread indexes to see the banner on the week of 10-18-07.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Dr. Zoidberg said:
I expect some of you consider any criticism of Sony to be "less than even-handed". IMO, they dropped the ball last week and failed their US customers.
Declaring a "betrayal of trust" and that they "dropped the ball" because they, like many organizations, took a break during the Christmas week is simply out of touch with reality.

tanod

when is my burrito
AdmiralViscen said:
Damn it, stop making me think The Club is available here.

It will be. I just can't say that I'm 100% sure it's this week. Probably 90% sure though.

Tieno

Wait, Super Stardust HD has been updated to CUSTOM soundtracks? Free patch, right?

Awesome, was my biggest complaint with that game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Tieno said:
Wait, Super Stardust HD has been updated to CUSTOM soundtracks? Free patch, right?
Awesome, was my biggest complaint with that game.

not a patch ..you have to delete the game and redownload it ( the new built )

tanod

when is my burrito
Jtrizzy said:
This is in the US right? Wonder why they couldn't just patch this in.

Read the OP. You will find your answers there.

Not all PS3 games have a patching infrastructure.

Jtrizzy said:
This is in the US right? Wonder why they couldn't just patch this in.

Because that would be far too simple... everything about the PlayStation Store has to be overtly confusing, and hurt your brain everyday to some stupidly high complex amount. Did you not get the memo!?!?!?

kaching said:
Declaring a "betrayal of trust" and that they "dropped the ball" because they, like many organizations, took a break during the Christmas week is simply out of touch with reality.

Ignoring the fact that they A) updated their other stores and B) their competitors offered content that week is similarly delusional. Many people have to work over the holidays. I would expect that uploading regular weekly content to a service like PSN is something that would fall into the category of things that need to be done come rain or shine, and it certainly appears that the folks in charge of the European PSN felt that way about it. I happen to agree with them. And that's the last I'm going to say on the matter.

Steroyd

I think only everyday shooter and Pain is what's left to go to the Euro store and then we can find something else to moan about, dibs on Go! Skydiving.

Tntnnbltn

Dr. Zoidberg said:
I wonder what percentage of PS3 owners knew about the blog post that detailed the lack of content for that day? A very small one, I assure you. Most folks probably just turned on the system that night expecting something and they got nothing.
Most folks probably don't even realise the Store updates every Thursday night. You overestimate the average non-GAFfer.

Of the small minority who would be expecting regular content updates every Thursday, I'd say a majority of them would have their eye on gaming-related sites (the blog post was mentioned elsewhere on the internets).

In conclusion, Sony didn't ruin Christmas.

Top Bottom