• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 01/03/08 (last week's EU and JPN too)

RedBoot

So is it possible to download the PS1 games from the Japanese store onto a US PSP? Resident Evil 2 on my PSP would be pretty much the best thing ever, not to mention there's probably a handful of other things I'd pay $6 for.

Zoe

RedBoot said:
So is it possible to download the PS1 games from the Japanese store onto a US PSP? Resident Evil 2 on my PSP would be pretty much the best thing ever, not to mention there's probably a handful of other things I'd pay $6 for.

Yes, but you'd still need to pay with a Japanese card.

piccbg.gif

"Worst update ever!"

The DMC4 trailer isn't even new.

M3wThr33

Banned
RedBoot said:
Bah. Damned currency.

Oh well, I can always hope we get a PS1 game in the US today. Right?

Right?
You can go on an import site and buy a PSN card preloaded with money and add that to your JPN account.

PSPs are region-free in terms of PSN stuff, but it can only play locked content from one PSN account at a time.

Zoe

RedBoot said:
Bah. Damned currency.

Oh well, I can always hope we get a PS1 game in the US today. Right?

Right?

NCSX should be getting the cards back in stock soon :(

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
RedBoot said:

If the PSP is registered to your Japanese account then yes, if to your US account then no. Trust me I tried.

M3wThr33

Banned
neojubei said:
If the PSP is registered to your Japanese account then yes, if to your US account then no. Trust me I tried.
You can change it. It's just a matter of 'activating' it in the Account Management, either on the PS3 or your PC.

bathala

Banned
this is lame. no update last week and delay update this week. Come on.

there better be and/or
A) Home beta
B) Littlebig planet demo (i wish)
C) DMC demo
D) Lair demo
E) kick ass themes

Core407

Banned
bathala said:
this is lame. no update last week and delay update this week. Come on.

there better be and/or
A) Home beta
B) Littlebig planet demo (i wish)
C) DMC demo
D) Lair demo
E) kick ass themes

Lair demo? GTFO

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
i know i am two weeks late but Snakeball ( free snakeball ) is fun ..nice game , some future patches plz

SolidSnakex said:
It's never going to come out because I think Sony really just wants to forget that Lair ever existed.

what is lair ? ;)

I3rand0

Add-on Game Content

* Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com
* Die Fantastischen Vier “Ernten Was Wir Säen” - Single Track ($2.49)
“Ernten Was Wir Säen” as performed by Ernten Was Wir Säen.
File size: 27.7 MB
* Trust “Antisocial” - Single Track ($2.49)
“Antisocial” as performed by Trust
File size: 17.8 MB
* Extremoduro “So Payaso” - Single Track ($2.49)
“So Payaso” as performed by Extremoduro.
File size: 27.6MB
* Warner/Reprise Track Pack ($6.25)
“No More Sorrow” as performed by Linkin Park , “Sleeping Giant” as performed by Mastodon, “Pretty Handsome Awkward” as performed by The Used.
File size: 45.1 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. Please note: you need to actually own Rock Band in order to play these tracks:

* “Attack” – 30 Seconds to Mars ($0.99)
* “The Kill” – 30 Seconds to Mars ($0.99)
* “Dirty Little Secret” - All-American Rejects ($0.99)
* “Move Along” - All-American Rejects ($0.99)
* “Song With a Mission” – The Sounds ($0.99)
* “Limelight” – Rush ($1.99)
* “Hard to Handle” – The Black Crowes ($1.99)
* “Gimme Three Steps” – Lynyrd Skynyrd ($1.99)

File sizes: 19.3 MB – 37.8 MB

Need for Speed ProStreet
Unlock vehicles for immediate use. These cars can be achieved without purchase by progressing through Career.

* Shelby GT500 ($1.99)
File size: 100 KB
* Chevrolet Corvette Z06 ($2.49)
* Lancer Evolution ($2.49)
* BMW M3 E92 ($2.49)
* Ford GT ($2.49)
* Chevrolet Camaro Concept ($2.49)
* Dodge Viper SRT10 ($2.99)

Demos

NFL Tour ‘09 Network Demo
You are the star of the NFL’s traveling road show in NFL Tour! This is a hard-hitting, pulse-pounding game of 7-on-7 football. NFL Tour is football the way you always wanted to play it.
File size: 990 MB

Game Videos

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Japanese Launch Trailer (free)
The real driving simulator returns with the highly anticipated precursor to Gran Turismo 5, featuring 50 cars from world wide auto makers including Ferrari, Ford, and Audi. With an all-new interior dash view, online racing mode, and more, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue unveils revolutionary advancements that blur the distinction between simulation and reality. Download the official Japanese trailer from the December 13 launch of the game in Japan.
File size: 83 MB (1080)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
bathala said:
:( gamefly then for the drought

yo ..buy Drakan II ( PS2 ) if you want the best Dragons game ever

I3rand0 said:
a lot of stuff +

nice ..

* Shelby GT500 ($1.99)
* BMW M3 E92 ($2.49)
* Ford GT ($2.49)

Paying for content that already on the disc, bad bad EA :lol

mauaus

I3rand0 said:
Add-on Game Content

* Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com
* Die Fantastischen Vier “Ernten Was Wir Säen” - Single Track ($2.49)
“Ernten Was Wir Säen” as performed by Ernten Was Wir Säen.
File size: 27.7 MB
* Trust “Antisocial” - Single Track ($2.49)
“Antisocial” as performed by Trust
File size: 17.8 MB
* Extremoduro “So Payaso” - Single Track ($2.49)
“So Payaso” as performed by Extremoduro.
File size: 27.6MB
* Warner/Reprise Track Pack ($6.25)
“No More Sorrow” as performed by Linkin Park , “Sleeping Giant” as performed by Mastodon, “Pretty Handsome Awkward” as performed by The Used.
File size: 45.1 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. Please note: you need to actually own Rock Band in order to play these tracks:

* “Attack” – 30 Seconds to Mars ($0.99)
* “The Kill” – 30 Seconds to Mars ($0.99)
* “Dirty Little Secret” - All-American Rejects ($0.99)
* “Move Along” - All-American Rejects ($0.99)
* “Song With a Mission” – The Sounds ($0.99)
* “Limelight” – Rush ($1.99)
* “Hard to Handle” – The Black Crowes ($1.99)
* “Gimme Three Steps” – Lynyrd Skynyrd ($1.99)

File sizes: 19.3 MB – 37.8 MB

Need for Speed ProStreet
Unlock vehicles for immediate use. These cars can be achieved without purchase by progressing through Career.

* Shelby GT500 ($1.99)
* BMW M3 E92 ($2.49)
* Ford GT ($2.49)

Demos

NFL Tour ‘09 Network Demo
You are the star of the NFL’s traveling road show in NFL Tour! This is a hard-hitting, pulse-pounding game of 7-on-7 football. NFL Tour is football the way you always wanted to play it.
File size: 990 MB

Game Videos

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Japanese Launch Trailer (free)
The real driving simulator returns with the highly anticipated precursor to Gran Turismo 5, featuring 50 cars from world wide auto makers including Ferrari, Ford, and Audi. With an all-new interior dash view, online racing mode, and more, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue unveils revolutionary advancements that blur the distinction between simulation and reality. Download the official Japanese trailer from the December 13 launch of the game in Japan.
File size: 83 MB (1080)
Wow thats a shitty update for ME at least...

mauaus

I3rand0 said:
Need for Speed ProStreet

* Shelby GT500 ($1.99)
* BMW M3 E92 ($2.49)
* Ford GT ($2.49)

HA HA HA

EA at its worse.

terrene

Banned
Ugh, 30 Seconds to Mars and All-American Rejects? Fucking hell, that is brutal. Who wants to play that shit? They must know the answer, as the price was cut in half. :lol

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
..zZzz..... @ this weeks update.

edit: The top downloads are back to counting free stuff I see. How strange!

RedBoot

While I can't comment on the song quality, those are some nice prices for the Rock Band songs. Of course, they aren't relevant to me since I don't own Rock Band. Or a PS3.

More PS1 games, dammit. I wouldn't complain much if it weren't for the fact that the Japanese store has like 10 times as many titles available.

Tortolia

terrene said:
Ugh, 30 Seconds to Mars and All-American Rejects? Fucking hell, that is brutal. Who wants to play that shit? They must know the answer, as the price was cut in half. :lol

It's the same Christmas pricing the 360 songs were. It was implied when they were released that they wouldn't be $1 forever.

Weak update on the whole, but I was looking forward to the Rock Band DLC, so I'm good to go.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
M3wThr33 said:
I love all those songs! Buying now!

Also, GH3 songs = HAHA for price.

Terribly OT: check the latest TVersity update. You can now see just your PC folders (and subfolders) with a simple option in the Settings!

M3wThr33

Banned
Anyone notice the max-download limit was raised? I remember when you could first queue up downloads that it would stop around 10 or so items. Now I can't seem to get that error anymore.

Anyways, downloading the NFL Tour Demo and GT Concept (I don't think I ever updated).
SSHD was NOT updated yet. I checked my download list. The wacky need to add the PSN games to the Featured page confused me when I saw Blast Factor.

While I am fine with a majority of the design on the PSN, adding multiple items to the cart SUCKSSSS.

I bought all 5 99c songs, along with Gimme Three Steps and Hard to Handle. (My friend will buy Limelight tonight for himself, so I'll see about that later) I still didn't get My Iron Lung, because it didn't seem to excite me.

I also picked up Mesmerize, because Aquatopia sucked and this can't be worse.

All in all, a bunch of new songs plus a PSEye toy for ~$10 ain't bad.

And if anyone cares, it looks like the Hong Kong store has Pixeljunk Monsters in English, along with the theme.

TTP said:
Terribly OT: check the latest TVersity update. You can now see just your PC folders (and subfolders) with a simple option in the Settings!
I know! I'm on vacation, though, visiting a friend. So I helped him on his PS3 and showed him that last night and I saw the update mentioned! It sounds perfect!

Ashhong

I don't know what you guys expected, but I didn't expect much. I'm glad that they were at least able to get a demo out. I was actually hoping for NFL Tour sometime in the near future so I'm satisfied. It's the holidays people!

tanod

when is my burrito
M3wThr33 said:
Anyone notice the max-download limit was raised? I remember when you could first queue up downloads that it would stop around 10 or so items. Now I can't seem to get that error anymore.

The limit has always been 15 since they implemented it.

Also, OP updated. I'm off to caucus.

Top Bottom