• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN down?

Ferr986

maybe wait until Sony fixes the problem? It`s not on your end. It`s sonys problem...

i dont get why people start to panic and start rebooting, resetting and whatever else when it is so clear that it`s not on our end... lol

Sorry, just checked the PSN status site and saw that servers were fine and didn't find anyone complaining, also I have friends playing, so I though yesterday problems were solved and it was just me.

It's down for me here in the UK.

And yet, there's a guy on my Friendslist (which is active still somehow) and he's playing a Destiny Strike. He lives like 10 minutes from me.

What the hell?

Beefy

It's down for me here in the UK.

And yet, there's a guy on my Friendslist (which is active still somehow) and he's playing a Destiny Strike. He lives like 10 minutes from me.

What the hell?

It's random, I am online and live in UK. But for me connecting to the Battlefront servers are messing up. I am lagging bad.

WeTeHa

I'm the only one with still PSN down?

error NW-31194-8. Restarted router and console lots of times. I don't know what to do ._.

I can see my friend list at all but can't play.

It was down for me last night as well, but I've been playing destiny for the past 4 hours, so everything fine on my end.

gossi

2wu8U0H.jpg

not surprising tbh

lots of people buying PS4's, registering online, downloading new updates, using their uncharted codes

thats gonna cause some problems

gossi

mine was all green despite not being able to go online and the ps store being down

Yeah, they just updated it.

And of course Lizard Squad fucking idiots claim these things. But they did tweet they were going to start doing it before the issues started. And let's face it - America is asleep and still the system is drifting offline. Either Sony are totally incompetent still, or teens are DDoS'ing it - neither option is great.

STEaMkb

They gave advance notice of their intent some hours before the attacks started. They have proven form, and some of their members have been arrested and questioned by regional authorities. Attack looks real to me.

EDIT: Parents with new systems would be wise to create new accounts before Xmas morning, to save some heartache.

Beefy

Yeah, they just updated it.

And of course Lizard Squad fucking idiots claim these things. But they did tweet they were going to start doing it before the issues started. And let's face it - America is asleep and still the system is drifting offline. Either Sony are totally incompetent still, or teens are DDoS'ing it - neither option is great.

Loads of new owners trying to log on to get updates, go to the store etc etc it happens. It's 8:40 in NY so people will be up.

gossi

And? Europe is a big place. Black Friday isn't just a US thing anymore.

I'm just saying - multiple previous large PSN outages have been caused by Lizard Squad members. So it's within possibility they caused this again. Ideally a bunch of PS activations shouldn't bring down Sony.

Beefy

I'm just saying - multiple previous large PSN outages have been caused by Lizard Squad members. So it's within possibility they caused this again. Ideally a bunch of PS activations shouldn't bring down Sony.

It happens every holiday/ sale. Until some random claiming to be Lizard Squad do it on a random day and have proof I will call it bullshit. Claiming to ddos a network during a holiday/sale is too easy to do.

vypek

Ideally they wouldn't but they could. People should expect something similar around Christmas as well. And some people do expect it. So anyone can make a claim that they are going to attack PSN in the name of whatever group. Some people will always be suspect of the groups who claim responsibility of these attacks around these times. So we can't know for sure what is happening all the time.

vypek

I thought online features being paid now was in order to prevent these things?

PS Plus for online gaming is to make money. And its been a long time since I did a set up but pretty sure you can create an account and register on PSN for free which does require connection to their servers.

Nameless

Seems like I'm already getting the full Playstation experience.

Down here, said "undergoing maintenance".

Had my PS4 for a year today and use it daily. Outside of last Christmas' DDOS chaos, this weekend is maybe the 2nd or 3rd time I've had prolonged issues with PSN.

REDSLATE

Pretty sure this is planned maintenance. There was a notification for it several days ago, though I forget the exact time frame.

nakedeyes

Banned
Was having trouble yesterday myself around the same time other people were complaining.

I could sign on enough to get into a chat party, but Destiny would give me one of 2 errors about not reaching PSN. Tried a few things, but restarting my router and modem immediately got me back online.

Annecdotally, I feel like when PSN is having trouble, but many people are still connecting, a modem restart can do good things.

Good luck to all!

Top Bottom