• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Holiday Sale (NA) Week 1

CHC

Oh my god could digital version of Killzone Shadow Fall please go on sale already? Been waiting forever. And yeah I know it's not that great, but sometimes a man just needs some graphics.

Consumer

Oh my god could digital version of Killzone Shadow Fall please go on sale already? Been waiting forever. And yeah I know it's not that great, but sometimes a man just needs some graphics.

lol, dem guilty pleasures. I feel ya. I'm still waiting for that ($10), NFS Rivals ($10) and Knack (PS+
lol
).

autoduelist

Likely when the store updates tomorrow. Maybe at midnight if we're lucky?

Store completes updating at about 2pm PST every Tuesday. Last weeks sale prices come down first, usually several hours earlier, and then prices start getting updated so you may see new games and sale prices start to go up earlier -- it's a rolling update, not a instant one.

If a game has a sale price but no ps+ discount, it is worth waiting till 2pm PST to make sure that additional discount isn't added. When the store finalizes, they post the update to the Sony Playstation Blog.

dickroach

when's this supposed to go live?
I need to stock up on games I won't get around to playing for weeks/months NOW

Definitely gonna pick up Snoopy if it's $19.99.

Absolutely love Peanuts and I heard it's actually quite fun/good.

It is a cute game. Here are my impressions from another thread: So I bought this off PSN, played for about 5 hours so far, just got to world 6 (I assume there's only 6 worlds). One of the easiest platformers I've ever played. I've died ONCE in 5 worlds of play, 20 levels and 5 bosses in. Every time you get hit, you have a chance to grab the heart that floats away from Snoopy, and get your life back.
BUT
The game has replay value like Yoshi's Wooly World. Each stage has 300 jellybeans and 5 Beagle Scouts (woodstocks) to find, and your first time through, you won't have access to the right powerups to find the secret areas. In each world, you unlock a new powerup costume for snoopy. There's scoutmaster that can climb vines, Spacedog that can jump like zero gravity, Joe Cool, and more! The level design is actually decent, nothing mindblowing, but solid and fun to replay for secrets.

The graphics are nice, they are sharp and colourful and pop off the screen. I did notice some slowdown in the first world, but not since then. The enemies are based on the kids, so Snoopy is imagining Snakes in the jungle with Peppermint Patty's hair, and bats with Peppermint Patty's hands as wings lol The worlds are less tired than new super mario at least, starts out in a jungle but moves to bunny temple, surface of the moon, and paris sewers.

The music is laid back jazzy piano music, very happy and chill. The Paris Sewer world sounds like music from Professor Layton lol. The title screen music is.....you know what song it is ;)

The game reminds me of those old Super Nintendo platformers, back when every licensed character got their own game. I'm enjoying it. Just a simple, straightforward game. It only uses one button most of the time! If you don't enjoy Yoshi-style hunting for secrets and collecting all the crap, you probably will be bored. I'd give this game a 7/10. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a laid back classic platformer starring Snoopy. What you see is what you get.

down 2 orth

I thought it was great, so maybe you'll be surprised like I was.

It's been on sale lots of times here in the UK, maybe could have made a UK account to purchase it. I picked it up for 85p when there was a PSN price error and you could get it when purchasing some DLC

//DEVIL//

lol, dem guilty pleasures. I feel ya. I'm still waiting for that ($10), NFS Rivals ($10) and Knack (PS+
lol
).

NFS Rivals for 10$ happened before. I bought it for 10 a while back. I bought Knack too for 10$ ( nice game to be honest. I really liked it and so did the wife. not sure why people here don't )

I would buy GOW 3 remaster if its 20$. anything above that its a pass. I already finished the game twice on PS3. if I am going to buy it again its mainly because I want to support the series and I think I can play it 1 more time

Consumer

NFS Rivals for 10$ happened before. I bought it for 10 a while back. I bought Knack too for 10$ ( nice game to be honest. I really liked it and so did the wife. not sure why people here don't )

$10 on the PSN store? Shit, guess I missed it. I'd love to hear when it was on sale, if you remember.
Hopefully they sell it again for like $5-10 or something then.

i'm pretty sure nfs:r it was like $7.50 or something. i wouldn't have bought it for 10

Adding insult to injury. :(

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
lol
).

I have said it before and I'll say it again, I can't wait for Knack to finally show up on PS Plus so everyone that's waiting for it can see just how woeful it is for themselves. I really don't the anticipation for it's PS+ release, it's not like it even reviewed well.

Tizoc

I have said it before and I'll say it again, I can't wait for Knack to finally show up on PS Plus so everyone that's waiting for it can see just how woeful it is for themselves. I really don't the anticipation for it's PS+ release, it's not like it even reviewed well.

From what I get Knack should be played on Hard. Does the game have new game+ like structure?

Alucrid

Banned

I would buy GOW 3 remaster if its 20$. anything above that its a pass. I already finished the game twice on PS3. if I am going to buy it again its mainly because I want to support the series and I think I can play it 1 more time

i'm pretty sure nfs:r it was like $7.50 or something. i wouldn't have bought it for 10

grimmiq

From what I get Knack should be played on Hard. Does the game have new game+ like structure?

From what I remember playing Knack at launch, it has a NG+, but it's stuck at the same difficulty you completed the game on, so no Normal > Hard NG+, I think it's just to farm the crystals for new forms. I also think the different forms are locked per playthrough. So say you complete normal and farm NG+ a couple of times and unlock Vampire Knack..You then need to start a brand new game (no NG+) as Vampire Knack and can't swap back.

This may have changed in the last 2 years..I don't know, I finished the game on Very Hard (Most enemies will 1-2 shot you regardless of your/their sizes...atleast I think it was V.Hard, was the highest you can choose from the start) and traded it in within the week for full refund.

EDIT: It was on Hard, V.Hard doesn't unlock til you beat Hard, and I guess I couldn't be bothered.

shmoglish

IIRC yes. You can find treasures with artifacts that unlock special items when you collect all of a kind. It is impossible to find all of them in one playthrough. There is also a social feature that makes sense.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

The game is just terrible, no amount of minor changes is gonna fix that.

//DEVIL//

well after playing it for couple of hours. I wouldn't have bought it for 7.50 $ even.

that game and the crew price error deal I got on xbox one ( full game plus season pass and wild run for 20$ ) are probably my worst purchases of 2015.

there is a reason I don't like digital games. I cant sell them lol.

usually I do not sell any games at all. I have like 30+ games for both ps4 and ps3 ( heck I still have games from my original xbox too )

but I only keep the good games I like, rivals and the crew ? POS games I wouldn't keep in my collection at all

Alucrid

Banned
well after playing it for couple of hours. I wouldn't have bought it for 7.50 $ even.

that game and the crew price error deal I got on xbox one ( full game plus season pass and wild run for 20$ ) are probably my worst purchases of 2015.

there is a reason I don't like digital games. I cant sell them lol.

usually I do not sell any games at all. I have like 30+ games for both ps4 and ps3 ( heck I still have games from my original xbox too )

but I only keep the good games I like, rivals and the crew ? POS games I wouldn't keep in my collection at all

haha oh i agree, i stopped after like 2

I picked up Killzone a few weeks ago and tbh the graphics already look a bit dated. We've come a decent way since 2013 and Killzone is no longer the jaw dropper it once was.

inki

I know its probably a pipe dream, does PSN do any sort of "if you bought this full price within X days we'll refund the difference of current price"? sort of thing? Ala Target or Best Buy?

NeOak

I know its probably a pipe dream, does PSN do any sort of "if you bought this full price within X days we'll refund the difference of current price"? sort of thing? Ala Target or Best Buy?
PSN and refunds don't go in the same sentence without "NOPE".

A snoopy game seems like a weird pull for a Holiday sale.

The Snoopy game is only about a month old. And, it is sort of Christmassy because it is the Peanuts!

CharlieBrownChristmas.jpg

giphy.gif

I've actually been wanting to play Snoopy's Grand Adventure... I almost bought it over Black Friday... Has anybody on here tried it?

Haines

Banned

If you want graphics shooter the order

Idk why anyone would buy killzone. Sometimes I swear you guys can't see the business back end of things

The real game from that company is still coming

Would you be willing to pick it up for peanuts?

icwutudid.gif
If you want graphics shooter the order

Idk why anyone would buy killzone. Sometimes I swear you guys can't see the business back end of things

The real game from that company is still coming
They are both awesome games.

And TNO is better on PC, mouse aiming is so much better for that game.

$30 for TNO is no deal. That's like regular price. It was $9 on PSN not only a week or so ago. Same on Steam November sale.

MikeyMike

Will grab Journey if the price is right.

I was also kind of sad that the first Costume Quest was not on sale for Halloween... hope it shows up with the DLC...

dieter

Neo Member
I'd highly recommend the snoopy game for any parents who want to introduce their 4-6 year old to gaming. I rented it for a weekend and played through it with my son (5) and he loved it (although he was already a fan of peanuts). It is very easy (especially the early levels) and very short, but it is a perfect introduction to gaming/platforming.

Dragon

Banned

The only time I ever got a refund on a purchase was when someone stole my Vita and started buying shit on it. Sony should look into doing what Steam did.

Top Bottom