• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN News And Announcements: 2012 Edition

Roto13

New Knytt! For PSN and Vita! WOOOO

http://www.psnstores.com/2012/07/nifflas-knytt-underground-coming-to-ps3-vita/

2.jpg

New Knytt makes me happy.

New Knytt graphics make me very, very unhappy.

V_Ben

Banned
Ooh, the SCEE summer sale is starting tomorrow!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/07/31/the-summer-sale-is-here/

This year, PlayStation Store brings you some outstanding offers on over 50 titles. Starting on the 1st August, the PlayStation Store Summer Sale (or Winter Sale for all our readers shivering away over in Australia and New Zealand) runs all the way to 5th September 2012. With full Blu-ray games, PlayStation Network titles, PS3 add-ons, PS one Classics, PSP games, minis and movies included, there’s bound to be something here to tickle your fancy.

The deals include big savings on the likes of LA Noire Complete Edition (was €39.99, now €23.99, with an additional 15% off for Plus members) and Midnight Club: Los Angeles Complete Edition (was €24.99, now €17.99, with an additional 25% off for Plus members), but keep your eyes on the PlayStation Store for full details on what’s on offer.
But that’s not all!

As well as having loads of awesome content on offer throughout August, we will also be offering seven Summer savings. These deals will each be on offer for four days only, with a new deal replacing it. The dates to remember:

Deal 1 – 1-4 August
Deal 2 – 5-8 August
Deal 3 – 9-12 August
Deal 4 – 13-16 August
Deal 5 – 17-20 August
Deal 6 – 21-24 August
Deal 7 – 25-28 August

We’ll be kicking off these savings with FIFA 12 at €29.99/£19.99 (was €69.99/£54.99), while PlayStation Plus members will also get FIFA EURO 2012 DLC for no extra charge with their purchase of FIFA 12.

Considering you get the DLC for free as a Plus member, that's a pretty sweet deal on Fifa.

Just read Dyad has been submitted for Euro cert, so should be out on the Euro PSN soonish I guess. Does cert take longer in Europe?

Just read Dyad has been submitted for Euro cert, so should be out on the Euro PSN soonish I guess. Does cert take longer in Europe?

Two weeks compared to SCEA's one week. Though apparently SCEE provides more feedback to the developer throughout those two weeks, so they kinda even out.

Also Retro/Grade will be free too on Aug 22nd, part of a new EU PlayStation Plus Presents programme highlighting indie games, they will be free for 8 weeks after launch.

Roto13

My Retro/Grade review will be up tomorrow when the embargo ends. I'll also be reviewing Papo & Yo, but my review for that will be a little late because I only just got the download code for it a minute ago.

Tokyo Jungle out September 26th on EU PSN.

Still on the fence about this one. Could be weird and amazing or could be weird and shit.

Cyberia

You may have caught wind of this one-of-a-kind title’s release in Japan or heard whispers of it this past E3, but we’re excited to finally announce that TOKYO JUNGLE will be coming to PSN for the PS3 very shortly – on 26th September, to be exact!

Whether in Story or Survival Mode, you never know where your next meal will come from or the dangers you’ll face in this concrete jungle, so be prepared for anything and everything when TOKYO JUNGLE launches, priced £9.99/€12.99/AUS$19.95.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/20/tokyo-jungle-swings-onto-playstation-network-next-month/

i-Lo

I wanted to ask PSN plus:

Is it true that if you go back to being a PSN client only all the software you purchased is no longer accessible?

If so then:

1. Is it the same story with things like avatars?

2. Isn't the aggregate cost of owning a specific software accumulate to more than what was saved over the years by having to maintain the subscription?

Is it true that if you go back to being a PSN client only all the software you purchased is no longer accessible?

No, you keep everything you have paid for, including games you've purchased with PS+ specific discounts. You only lose access to the "free" PS+ games.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

If so then:

1. Is it the same story with things like avatars?

2. Isn't the aggregate cost of owning a specific software accumulate to more than what was saved over the years by having to maintain the subscription?
Anything you purchase on a PS+ discount is yours to keep forever. Games you get for "free" as part of your subscription to PS+ are only playable while you're subbed. Once your subscription runs out you can either purchase the game at the current price or resub to PS+ to regain access.

Avatars and themes are yours to keep forever.

i-Lo

No, you keep everything you have paid for, including games you've purchased with PS+ specific discounts. You only lose access to the "free" PS+ games.

Anything you purchase on a PS+ discount is yours to keep forever. Games you get for "free" as part of your subscription to PS+ are only playable while you're subbed. Once your subscription runs out you can either purchase the game at the current price or resub to PS+ to regain access.

Avatars and themes are yours to keep forever.

Ah, thank you both so much for the clarification.

Just saw this on the EU PS blog:

minis

Indie Bundle

Compatible with PlayStation3, PSP (PlayStation Portable) and PlayStation Vita.

Wizorb – hard alloy of breaking bricks and RPG elements in a single game!
Canabalt – an officially licensed version of the runaway hit game.
Enigmo – unique award winning 3D puzzle game.
Galcon Labs – high-paced galactic arcade-strategy game.
BreakQuest – new concept interactive physics based break-out game.

Prices: £4.99/€5.99/AU$9.95
PEGI: 7
Availability: All

I know they pinched the idea from Steam but it's a pretty good move. Hope to see more bundles in the future.

PlayStation Europe ‏@PlayStationEU
Which top UK indie just popped into SCEE to show off PS3-only extras for its super-cool impending sequel? Answers on the PS Blog next week!

Interesting. Wonder who that could be?

My guess is FuturLab.

Are they known as a top UK indie though? I know Velocity got lots of praise but that's it and it seems pretty early for an impending sequel since the game got released in March. Also PS3 only extras implies the game is on another platform.

Unless they want to remove the bad taste in some people's mouths, like Liquid Solid's comment above ;)

The PS3 only extras would have to pretty lame then because they'd just leave a bad taste in other people's mouths.

What other top UK indie devs are there?

V_Ben

Banned
The PS3 only extras would have to pretty lame then because they'd just leave a bad taste in other people's mouths.

What other top UK indie devs are there?

It'd be a humorous switch over from the XBLA Joe Danger SE :p

Apart from them... i'm not really sure!

I mean, Sumo is an independent studio. So... Sonic Transformed Racing Stars Ninjas On Ice Bonus?

Are they known as a top UK indie though? I know Velocity got lots of praise but that's it and it seems pretty early for an impending sequel since the game got released in March. Also PS3 only extras implies the game is on another platform.

I'd suggest that it could be a PS3/Vita game but the comment came from SCEE, not SCEA.

Seriously though, I had a quick look around and here are some UK indies with games that're meant to be coming out soon:
Team17 - Worms: Revolution
Just Add Water - Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
Sumo Digital - Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

My guess is Worms: Revolution.

Minor update but it looks like the Spyro games in SCEE land will be part of the PS1 imports list. It seems they had problems with the EU discs. Tentative release in October.

MonkeyPaw have reset the Tomba release date for 3rd October 2012 in Europe.

Minor update but it looks like the Spyro games in SCEE land will be part of the PS1 imports list. It seems they had problems with the EU discs. Tentative release in October.

MonkeyPaw have reset the Tomba release date for 3rd October 2012 in Europe.

What's happened to CS:GO in SCEE land?

theDeeDubs

Is there a list to see what PS3 games are getting day 1 digital releases? After getting some full games through PS+, the convenience factor is nicer than saving a few bucks at Amazon to me. Curious if Assassin's Creed 3 and Dishonored will be available. Would love to switch over to fully digital, but it's annoying when it's only select titles and seemingly random.

V_Ben

Banned
Is there a list to see what PS3 games are getting day 1 digital releases? After getting some full games through PS+, the convenience factor is nicer than saving a few bucks at Amazon to me. Curious if Assassin's Creed 3 and Dishonored will be available. Would love to switch over to fully digital, but it's annoying when it's only select titles and seemingly random.

AC3 is currently on Digital pre-order on the EU PSN Store, at £49.99. A bit pricey, but its there.

US Releases for next week:

DEMOS
HELL YEAH!
LittleBigPlanet (Vita)
Marvel vs. Capcom Origins
NBA 2K13
R.A.W. – Realms of Ancient War

PSN GAMES
HELL YEAH! – $14.99
Marvel vs. Capcom Origins
One Piece: Pirate Warriors
R.A.W. – Realms of Ancient War – $14.99
Starhawk Multiplayer Edition – $19.99
Tokyo Jungle – $14.99

PS3 GAMES
Dead or Alive 5
FIFA 13
Mirror’s Edge
Starhawk – $39.99

PS2 GAMES
Grand Theft Auto 3 – $9.99 (Possibly, listed for HK Store)

PS1 GAMES
Turnabout

VITA
FIFA 13
LittleBigPlanet
Table Ice Hockey

PSP
FIFA 13
Final Fantasy III

MINIS

DLC
Armored Core 5
Damage Inc. Pacific Squadron WWII
Gran Turismo 5
LittleBigPlanet Vita
NBA 2K13
NCAA Football 13
Pinball Arcade
Rock Band 3
Sing Star
Spelunker HD
Starhawk
The Amazing Spiderman
Tokyo Jungle
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Soundtrack: Datura
http://www.psnstores.com/2012/09/sneak-peek-september-25th-psn-releases/

Might pick up Hell Yeah if the demo is any good.

In other news:

Dyad is in cert for Euroland and Ibb and Obb is confirmed to have online co-op. Should be some news on that soon.

Top Bottom