• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN News And Announcements: 2012 Edition

Ibb and Obb was pretty cool when I got to play an early version at GDC. Can't wait to see some more of it.

They've been pretty quiet on it and I'm just wondering if this is going to be another Closure. Cool game that slips through the cracks because there's little exposure. Some of these indie teams just don't seem to know how to promote their games.

According to Giant Sparrow, the Unfinished Swan is "coming out very soon this year."

Looks like Sony PR/marketing are doing another great job of building hype for one of their games!

cj_iwakura

Not sure if there's any interest, but:

Japanese Store Updates (9/26-27)

Earth Defense Force 3 Portable - Vita - 5,250Y
Dead Or Alive 5 - PS3 - 7,400Y
Dynasty Warriors Multi-Raid HD - PS3 - 3,480Y
Umihara Kawase - PS1 Classic - 600Y
Super BlackBass - PS1 Classic - 600Y
Ys IV: Foliage Ocean in Celceta - Vita - 6,200Y
(Video preview available too)
Nobunaga's Ambition(?) - Vita - 6,090Y
DJ MAX Technika Tune - Vita - 5,300Y
G Gundam Overworld - PSP - 5,650Y

And a whole ton of TGS trailers, viewable from the main screen when the hostess lady shows up.

No new demos that I noticed.

cj_iwakura

How's this? I always wanted to try an Umihara Kawase game.

I've heard it's amazing.

http://hardcoregaming101.net/umihara/umihara.htm

shun4.png

Has a very devout cult following in Japan.

cj_iwakura

Thanks. Is there anything else interesting exclusive to the JPN PSN? I just bought a 3000 Yen PSN card.

The PS2 classic of Dragon Force. Beyond that, if I had more points, I would've bought some of the PS1 SMTs in a heartbeat. The PS1 classic JP store is a treasure trove.

How's this? I always wanted to try an Umihara Kawase game.
Fully recommend it. It's a physics-y grappling hook platforming game and damn fun. A sequel to the SNES version and better than the original IMO, more focus on actually puzzling through the environment and less about avoiding repeatedly spawning enemies. 600Y well spent.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Thanks. I'll give it a try.
In the end I went with Umihara Kawase, Dragon Force, Valis and Einhänder. I guess I'll see if I chose well.

Also, I saw in your thread, that Dragon Force used to be $20? For anyone still on the fence, it's only ~$10 now.

cj_iwakura

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
In the end I went with Umihara Kawase, Dragon Force, Valis and Einhänder. I guess I'll see if I chose well.

Also, I saw in your thread, that Dragon Force used to be $20? For anyone still on the fence, it's only ~$10 now.

It was always that price, but there's no way to get the J-PSN cards for a direct exchange rate that I'm aware of. A 1000Y card costs $18 at Play-Asia.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Are there any plans to make PCE games Vita compatible?

It was always that price, but there's no way to get the J-PSN cards for a direct exchange rate that I'm aware of. A 1000Y card costs $18 at Play-Asia.

Oh, it would be so nice to be able to directly pay on the JP store. Sony should start using PayPal like MS does.

androvsky

I was under the impression Turbo Grafx games are compatible with Vita already.

They are, I've got a TG-16 game on my Vita now, it worked at launch (Super Star Soldier iirc). I can't imagine SCEA managed to get something on a portable faster than SCEJ, so I'm sure PC Engine games work too. They run in the PSP emulator, but still look great.

Coming next week, October 9th to the US PSN:

Derrick the Deathfin

Retro City Rampage

Machinarium

Joe Danger 2

That's pretty crazy! Think most will get RCR and the others will bomb. Hello Games must really regret that exclusivity deal now.

Agent X

Coming next week, October 9th to the US PSN:

Derrick the Deathfin

Retro City Rampage

Machinarium

Joe Danger 2

That's pretty crazy! Think most will get RCR and the others will bomb. Hello Games must really regret that exclusivity deal now.

That's one heck of a lineup for next week! I'm going to have to set aside some serious bucks for these.

wouwie

I've been looking forward to Pid for a long time now. It seems the release date isn't far off now but still no exact date so far. Hopefully, it's being released in October. This and Unfinished Swan (amongst others) should mean some exciting times for PSN gamers.

Some bad news, Ibb and Obb delayed:

The announcement came through a post on their facebook page regarding the release of upcoming PSN game Ibb and Obb.

While the game is finished, the current release time frame would have resulted in a November-December window. Naturally with the amount of games that’ll be launching at that time and a limited marketing budget, releasing an indie game during that time is rather tough.

With that in mind the developers behind Ibb and Obb took into account the fact that many have been asking for online multiplayer and are now working hard to include that at launch. Ibb and Obb is now looking at a release window of Spring 2013.

http://www.psnstores.com/2012/10/ibb-and-obb-delayed-into-next-year/

:(

onQ123

I came here to post the trailer

ibb and obb: PS3 Debut Trailer

ibb and obb is a cooperative puzzle-platformer with a gravity twist that will launch on PSN in spring of 2013. The gameplay revolves around a world with two directions of gravity, but even more so it's about the interaction between the players. All elements in the game are designed for two, ranging from the way you solve puzzles to handling enemies. For example, when one player takes out an enemy the other tries to be ready on the other side of the split to fetch the reward.

It's a beautiful looking game. Love the music too. Bit of a shame it's been postponed so much but it should be all the better for it with online co-op.

Tizoc

That was impressive, but how would u control the characters? Each stick controls one of them, with the shoulder buttons for jumping?

Carl

I hope it is online coop... btw. why is there a thread for crazy taxi iOs..? but not this beautiful game..?

From a few posts up

With that in mind the developers behind Ibb and Obb took into account the fact that many have been asking for online multiplayer and are now working hard to include that at launch. Ibb and Obb is now looking at a release window of Spring 2013.

Bit late but Under Defeat HD coming to US PSN:

One of the great things about localizing games for western audiences is giving fans the opportunity to experience their favorite titles in their native language, while providing newcomers a different take on a specific genre. Another great aspect of localization is the ability to bring cult classics and underrated games back into the current marketplace, giving these games a chance to gain popularity among new audiences. This is the case with Under Defeat.
Today, we have released a new trailer for our upcoming title Under Defeat HD: Deluxe Edition, showing off some intense shmup (shoot ‘em up) gameplay with multiple weapon and vehicle options available. Developed by well-known Japanese arcade game company G.rev, this classic title will be receiving new features such as improved graphics, a new two-player mode and a 16:9 New Order Mode, which will take advantage of HD television screens by making the field twice the size of regular shmups.

The game will be released this fall on both PS3 and via PSN for $29.99. In addition, players who purchase a physical copy of the game will receive a digital art book, all current DLC and patches, a soundtrack CD and an exclusive letter from the CEO of G.Rev and the game’s executive producer, Hiroyuki Maruyama.

8055980751_c2c70c597e_n.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/05/under-defeat-hd-shoots-em-up-this-fall-on-ps3/

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The Physical copy sounds like a great deal, but if the online one is the same price, it, in turn, makes it sound like a bit of a ripoff...

Hopefully, the downloadable version includes all the patches and DLC too?

wouwie

According to Eurogamer PID is coming on halloween for xbla and Steam and "sometime later this year" for PSN. Sad to see that yet another game is coming later on PSN compared to other platforms...

wouwie

I was looking through my list of games that i'm interested in and wondered if Alien Spidy was still going to be released. To my surprise, there was a post on playstation blog dating september 2012. Good to know that the game is still in development. Looks fun. I guess it's not going to be released in 2012?

Other games on my list that seem to have dissapeared or haven't got much coverage/news are Sine Mora (ps3/vita) and Snapshot (ps3/vita). I hope those games are still coming since they look fun.

Vert boil

I was looking through my list of games that i'm interested in and wondered if Alien Spidy was still going to be released. To my surprise, there was a post on playstation blog dating september 2012. Good to know that the game is still in development. Looks fun. I guess it's not going to be released in 2012?

Other games on my list that seem to have dissapeared or haven't got much coverage/news are Sine Mora (ps3/vita) and Snapshot (ps3/vita). I hope those games are still coming since they look fun.

Alien Spidy is coming out Oct 19th on xbla, 10$. No idea if it will come at the same time on psn.

Top Bottom