• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale: PS+ Specials & Critic's Choice

the chris

Was thinking of getting Life is Strange but I already watched the Giant Bomb East playdates playing through the game. Would it still be worth a purchase if I saw the whole story already?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
man!

Life is Strange
Soma
EGTTR
Tales from the Borderlands
Until Dawn

what are the must haves in this group if I have ~20 bucks to spend.

Well, Until Dawn's already more than that. I'd say Life is Strange and Tales from the Borderlands if you're into walk 'em ups.

I've been waiting since the "walking simulator" thread to be able to use that term.

man!

Life is Strange
Soma
EGTTR
Tales from the Borderlands
Until Dawn

what are the must haves in this group if I have ~20 bucks to spend.

This is what I'm looking at (plus hotline miami 2) and I want to play them all but goddamn I have so many games to finish already why are these sales so good sony

Does anyone know how long it takes to be refunded from the PS store?

I had pre ordered Uncharted 4 way back when before the release date changed. When it was changed to April, I got a message telling me I could either keep the order or cancel and be refunded.

I chose to be refunded and cancel the order but I didn't get the money back. I'd like to get it back and then pre order again to take advantage of the $15 back for $100 spent.

Ended up buying Life is Strange and Until Dawn. Just gotta finish Metro Redux from a few sales ago, and then I'm set.

Sony has really been on point with these sales. Last year I didn't spend a dime in 2015 until May, and this year I've purchased 3 games already because of some really great discounts. I fear for my wallet if this trend continues!

KaoteK

Ok, I'm very close to pulling the trigger on Destiny.The question is, is it worth the extra 5 bucks to get the legendary edition? I don't care about skins, emotes, or any of that bollocks, so does the extra money get me any worthwhile content?

Edit :I'm an idiot, looks like the $30 one is actually just the dlc.

Kal_El

Bought Until Dawn and Tales from the Borderlands. I also saw the spend $100 get $15 so I bought the gold edition for The Division. It came out to $99.99. These were 2 separate transactions. Does this still count for the $100 deal?

kevin1025

Banned
I meant as in I bought the season pass when Destiny already came out and the vanilla version of TTK also comes with the expansions. What happens to the extras?

I think it just unlocks whatever content you don't have, if I'm not mistaken! You get the game and the Taken King expansion, and since you own the expansion pass already your original ones just stay as is.

Bought Until Dawn and Tales from the Borderlands. I also saw the spend $100 get $15 so I bought the gold edition for The Division. It came out to $99.99. These were 2 separate transactions. Does this still count for the $100 deal?

It does, as long as you spent $100 total over however many transactions you want in the timeframe you're good to go!

Did rapture get a run button?

I think it's R2, but there is "running" (more like medium walking, though).

GOOCHY

Picked up Axiom Verge. I've been on the fence about it and really wanted to play it on the Vita but I'll poke around with it on PS4 while we wait.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Until Dawn is creepy as hell, it was a bit bland at first but the atmosphere picked up really fast!

So I ended up picking up:

SOMA
Tales
Batman
And Digimon

Came out to 110 after 20% off coupon. I couldn't decide between Batman, Bloodbourne, or Until Dawn. I've already watched 100% of Until Dawn on YouTube and figured if I did want to play it, a rent would suffice.

Tizoc

So I ended up picking up:

SOMA
Tales
Batman
And Digimon

Came out to 110 after 20% off coupon. I couldn't decide between Batman, Bloodbourne, or Until Dawn. I've already watched 100% of Until Dawn on YouTube and figured if I did want to play it, a rent would suffice.
Bloodborne but if u like platformers grab toki tori 2

Tevious

Does anyone know if preorders count towards the spend $100 promo?

Yes. Anything you spend on the actual store to buy a product with funds from your PSN wallet counts. I buy preorders all the time with these deals and just bought my Dark Souls 3 preorder.

Are we getting tales of borderlands for vita? I heard there was a plan.

Can you play this game even if you have never played borderlands?or don't even bother?

Certinty

Are we getting tales of borderlands for vita? I heard there was a plan.

Can you play this game even if you have never played borderlands?or don't even bother?
Hated the mainline Borderlands games, loved Tales from the Borderlands. You don't really need to know anything about the universe beforehand.

sense

Does anyone know how long it takes to be refunded from the PS store?

I had pre ordered Uncharted 4 way back when before the release date changed. When it was changed to April, I got a message telling me I could either keep the order or cancel and be refunded.

I chose to be refunded and cancel the order but I didn't get the money back. I'd like to get it back and then pre order again to take advantage of the $15 back for $100 spent.
Lol I am on the same boat. Was hoping the refund shows up this week and I could take advantage of this offer again like I did in November. Fingers crossed!!
The email said something like after feb22 if you did not reply the order will be cancelled and refunded so let's hope it is this week

So I bought Tales and Until Dawn and it went through fine.

I then tried to pre-order Uncharted 4 Deluxe Edition and it's declining my credit card and saying my info is wrong. In my purchased history I've got a bunch of "Missed Charges." I tried using Paypal as well and same issue. What's going on?

Tizoc

I then tried to pre-order Uncharted 4 Deluxe Edition and it's declining my credit card and saying my info is wrong. In my purchased history I've got a bunch of "Missed Charges." I tried using Paypal as well and same issue. What's going on?
Just get us psn cash codes from amazon.com

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I need to resub so I was going to get a cheaper PS+ card (~$42) online and then get the games I want like Soma and Axiom Verge, but it would be cheaper just to pay the full price of the Plus from my PSN wallet and get the games I want for $50 and get the $15 coupon. Then I'm only paying $35 for my Plus essentially.

Or I could just get the card and then load up my wallet with $100 worth of games alone, but I don't think there is $100 worth of games I am looking to buy. I also only buy digital games on sale or at a discount, so that's one big reason why.

Arttemis

Considering Just Cause 3... okay at that price? I remember it having problems at launch, were those patched?

The load times were the worst offender, and they did address them somewhat. The framerate isn't stable, but it's a fucking fantastic sandbox for mindless destruction. The DLC's jetpack looks too damn fun, too... might bite on the season pass if the others are that good.

MMaRsu

Banned
The load times were the worst offender, and they did address them somewhat. The framerate isn't stable, but it's a fucking fantastic sandbox for mindless destruction. The DLC's jetpack looks too damn fun, too... might bite on the season pass if the others are that good.

I sold the game because the game turned to slowmo when destroying shit. The fps is garbage.

The fact they havent patched it in months but are busy selling you DLC says enough
Fuck these devs

I think those are PS+ game "purchases". I've not had any CC issues but I also have a bunch of "Missed Charges" that line up with when I've downloaded IGC titles.

Just get us psn cash codes from amazon.com

Yea I might have to do that.

I think those are PS+ game "purchases". I've not had any CC issues but I also have a bunch of "Missed Charges" that line up with when I've downloaded IGC titles.

I tried Googling it and seems like there are lots of issues over the past few years with no real resolution. First time since the PS3 era I've ever had an issue with PSN... weird.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Jeez, so.. even with those map updates um..

Buy BF4 instead if you want a good Dice experience. SW is pretty shallow and the aesthetic thrills do wear off fast, content or not. even the season pass is going to be a slow drip through early 2017.

But at $30 for the base game? Eh, I guess that's alright.

Ghazi

Jeez, so.. even with those map updates um..
$30 is a good price for it, it's lacking content but it's still pretty and fun enough to play. $30 is a fair price for the content the game currently has anyway. Anything more than that isn't worth it.

Fady K

Been waiting for a SOMA sale - almost 50 percent off, awesome! Picked up Among the Sleep as well. I think PS4 has more horror themed games than the ps3 already, or at least it's going to beat the number.

Is Amon the Sleep any good?

Got very solid reviews. First person horror game where you play as a toddler.

What's the word on Everybody's Gone to the Rapture? Any good?

Divisive in here but those who liked it LOVED it so there's that. Apparently it has a great story too. Make sure to look up how to run before you start it though.

ethomaz

Banned
How can I even...

Hitman GO: Definitive Edition
Axiom Verge
Life Is Strange Complete Season
Tales From the Borderlands Season Pass
Until Dawn

I want so much.

Top Bottom