• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale: PS+ Specials & Critic's Choice

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Was about to pick up SOMA but then I noticed that it doesn't have a Platty. Oh well, gonna wait for a better sale I guess.

hesido

Guys, gals, I remember asking this elsewhere, but I hadn't gotten an answer, what do you do in Disney Infinity 3.0? Do you need "real life" toy purchases to enjoy it or does the package come something that one can enjoy?

For the get $15 back for spending $100, it can be over multiple purchases right? I'm thinking of pre-ordering Uncharted 4 and picking up a few games from the sale.

Certinty

Guys, gals, I remember asking this elsewhere, but I hadn't gotten an answer, what do you do in Disney Infinity 3.0? Do you need "real life" toy purchases to enjoy it or does the package come something that one can enjoy?
To play the game you need the base and at least one figure.

Toy box mode is where you esentially create your own world and play others people have made.

There's also playsets which is where most of my time in Disney Infinity goes, you get these by buying a playset pack (which generally includes 2 figures and the playset piece). These are basically story adventure games using Disney Infinity's gameplay and each one is a few hours in length.

I wouldn't really bother with any Disney Infinity 1.0 or 2.0 stuff but the Star Wars playsets as well as the Inside Out one are pretty good on 3.0. I would look up gameplay of those and see if they interest you.

Tizoc

For the get $15 back for spending $100, it can be over multiple purchases right? I'm thinking of pre-ordering Uncharted 4 and picking up a few games from the sale.
Nope
If u buy $200 on the same account u pnly get $15 back either wAy
But if u have 2 us accounts and u spend $100 on each u will get 2 $15 codes

If on the same account, then yes.

For example;
- Buy 3 games today, totaling up to over $40 or so.
- Pre-order Uncharted 4 tomorrow, totaling over $100.
- Result $100 spent = $15 cash back.

You just need to spend $100 before 11:59pm PST 1st March 2016, that's all.

It was the same case as every previous cash-back programme, so unless Sony changed something (which I don't see in their latest T&C), it'll apply the same way.

Nope
If u buy $200 on the same account u pnly get $15 back either wAy
But if u have 2 us accounts and u spend $100 on each u will get 2 $15 codes

If on the same account, then yes.

For example;
- Buy 3 games today, totaling up to over $40 or so.
- Pre-order Uncharted 4 tomorrow, totaling over $100.
- Result $100 spent = $15 cash back.

You just need to spend $100 before 11:59pm PST 1st March 2016, that's all.

It was the same case as every previous cash-back programme, so unless Sony changed something (which I don't see in their latest T&C), it'll apply the same way.

Thanks, it's just for one account but wanted to make sure.

Is Amplitude worth buying? I played the hell out of the PS4 demo and enjoyed on PS2. But I've heard several complaints about the game's soundtrack.

Ken Adams

I bought black ops 3 deluxe (converting from disc copy), SOMA, MGS 5, and until dawn. Was able to use a 20% coupon I bought off a website as well. Weirdly enough I had used a 20% coupon back in Nov as well on battlefront deluxe, so I can confirm you can at least use two coupons on a single PSN account. It didn't let me use the current coupon on the webstore though, only on my actual PS4.

Should get back another $15 in march since I spent over $100, not bad at all.

Hey i did the same minus the 20% discount, where did you buy the coupon?

Is Amplitude worth buying? I played the hell out of the PS4 demo and enjoyed on PS2. But I've heard several complaints about the game's soundtrack.

The concept album is pretty weak and the game feels light on content to me, personally.

I have no regrets kick starting it but it's not a great game. If you like the demo though, you'll probably like the full game.

megalowho

Grabbed The Taken King and the first two expansions for 30 bucks. As a lapsed vanilla Destiny player I'm glad all the expansions are being sold together now.

Also picked up Tales from the Borderlands, hard to pass up at that impulse buy price. Some good stuff on sale for PS4 owners.

I've been thinking about jumping back in with Destiny. The vanilla version of TTK says it comes with the two expansions, what happens to those if I had already bought the season pass?

plan9

Meanwhile in EU PS Store...

single-tumbleweed-o.gif

pr0cs

In for bloodborne ,wanted a physical copy but used locally is still in the mid 30s (CDN) so digital will have to do.
I never was interested in bloodborne previously, mostly because I hate punishing games buy having finished dark souls on pc I figured I will give it a shot

hesido

To play the game you need the base and at least one figure.

Toy box mode is where you esentially create your own world and play others people have made.

There's also playsets which is where most of my time in Disney Infinity goes, you get these by buying a playset pack (which generally includes 2 figures and the playset piece). These are basically story adventure games using Disney Infinity's gameplay and each one is a few hours in length.

I wouldn't really bother with any Disney Infinity 1.0 or 2.0 stuff but the Star Wars playsets as well as the Inside Out one are pretty good on 3.0. I would look up gameplay of those and see if they interest you.

Thanks a lot for the info!

Yawnier

Banned
I'm so tempted to get Rocket League, especially after seeing that it has a hockey mode/skin.

Also what is the deal with Axiom Verge? Is it really good? Looks like a Super Metroid inspired game to me. I don't know much about it

megalowho

Also what is the deal with Axiom Verge? Is it really good? Looks like a Super Metroid inspired game to me. I don't know much about it
It's both of those things.. a really good Super Metroid inspired game. The mechanics have enough twists to make the gameplay feel like its own thing as it opens up, lots of weapons and optional secrets to uncover on the map. Developed by one person for the most part, there's a cohesive look and feel to everything. Not groundbreaking but glad I played it.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Help me make choices gaf
These are what I'm thinking of getting give me suggestions help me

Hitman go
Everyone's gone to the rapture
Volume
Banner saga
Trine 3

Please assist me gaf
Any suggestions or specific criticism on any of the games would help me greatly

I wonder if the $15 back counts PSN cards? I got a $20 PSN code through my PlayStation Rewards points, and have bought a handful of other things while on sale. Hm...

Yawnier

Banned
It's both of those things.. a really good Super Metroid inspired game. The mechanics have enough twists to make the gameplay feel like its own thing as it opens up, lots of weapons and optional secrets to uncover on the map. Developed by one person for the most part, there's a cohesive look and feel to everything. Not groundbreaking but glad I played it.

Thanks. Sounds like a game down my alley. I had no idea it was mostly developed by only one person though, wow

doesn't count. only cold hard cash from a credit card linked to your account.

Ah, figures. So how do I track that? My transaction history just shows "Wallet Funded" but I'm pretty sure $20 of it was through a code.

Edit - Clearing cache and cookies on Chrome fixed my store issue.

It doesn't have to be cash, you just have to spend it. Adding money to the wallet won't count, redeeming a code and spending it will.

Wait, so my $20 code that I used to purchase Battlefront counts? If so, then I only need to spend like $22 more before the end of the month :D

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
picked up Metal Gear Solid V

really enjoying it, just got done with Episode 1 (the extraction in Afghanistan)

approx how many hours til i get my dog friend?

Mezoly

picked up Metal Gear Solid V

really enjoying it, just got done with Episode 1 (the extraction in Afghanistan)

approx how many hours til i get my dog friend?
I think you could get it now. It's out in the open world you might want to Google it's exact spot.

Tevious

I'm having trouble deciding what I want to get to spend $100 for the $15 back deal. I practically live for FromSoftware games, so I've decided I'm going to preorder Dark Souls III Deluxe Edition that includes the DLC pass (never been disappointed in their DLC), so that's $84.99, but now I need at least another $15.01 to spend. I have such a backlog, that I don't really want to buy something that I probably won't get around to anytime soon. Any suggestions?

I was considering Spider-Man Dimensions for PS3, but it's only $14.99, so I'll be 2 cents off and I'm not sure if it's a must play Spider-Man game. Also considered some PS2 titles, but same problem with the 2 cents off and I think it's better to wait for a sale on them anyway and for when I have time to play them. I don't think there's any DLC for any of my games that I want or don't already own. Hmm... I just don't know what to get.

Worth noting that the Critics Choice purchases snags you x3 Sony Rewards point bonus.

Just a heads up, Sony Rewards might be broken for many people. I get an error every time I try to redeem my points. I have 742 points that are about to expire. I wanted to get a $10 PSN card by buying the remaining points for ~$3, but it won't let me complete the transaction. I searched the issue and many people have similar issues with no solutions. PS support didn't help them. I've redeemed cards from them before, so I don't know why its not working anymore. :-/

I'm buying Tales from the Borderlands.

Warning: The BIT.TRIP collection has a shit framerate on Vita. Runner2 is a good port, this is not.

man!

Life is Strange
Soma
EGTTR
Tales from the Borderlands
Until Dawn

what are the must haves in this group if I have ~20 bucks to spend.

man!

Life is Strange
Soma
EGTTR
Tales from the Borderlands
Until Dawn

what are the must haves in this group if I have ~20 bucks to spend.

Until Dawn no contest. Best PS4 exclusive so far imo. Soma is really good too but it's not the technical showpiece that UD is. TFTB has the funniest and coolest vibe of any game I've played in a long time.

Top Bottom