• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale: PS+ Specials & Critic's Choice

Gandour

Neo Member
God, everybody has bad feelings about rapture but everytime i see that graphics and atmosphere i get really itchy to buy it :(

AlexBasch

Man, having a shared account with my best friend is kinda hard sometimes.

We're fans of Souls games and while I'm itching to buy Bloodborne, he's still on the fence about it because "the version with the DLC might be real cheap some day".

I'm telling him there's no way to know right now and I might add the DLC separately later down in the future.

Am I missing way, way too much stuff from that 19.99 DLC, or is the base game for $23.99 good enough to just buy that later?

I mean, I don't need his approval or anything, but he's always like "Hotline Miami 2 for $7.49? Might as well wait for it to be a PS+ freebie or $5 in two years". :p

Zach

I don't get the praise, and I even like Borderlands.

The humor was incredibly dry, and missed the mark every time. All the characters were unlikable.

I want to know what characters you do like then. I mean, your opinion is your opinion, and what you like is what you like, but I find it quite peculiar. : )

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yeah everyone should get Tales from Borderlands. Even if you aren't a fan of Borderlands, you'll freaking love this game! It's funny and the story is great IMO.

Life is Strange is a must get too.

I'm thinking about picking up Soma and Everybody's gone to the rapture.
If you love those two games then you should totally get SOMA. The story telling is insanely good in a way that is rather uncommon in games. It's also insanely atmospheric and sometimes terrifying. Even the ending, something that usually falls flat in games for me, works so well. It gives you that same feeling as walking out of a brilliant film.

God, everybody has bad feelings about rapture but everytime i see that graphics and atmosphere i get really itchy to buy it :(

In a way, Rapture has too much game, haha.

If it was just walking around in rural England nosing around peoples' homes it'd be a lot of fun, but the fact that you have places to be makes exploration such a chore. Like, you end up not wanting to walk all the way over there and look through someone's house because your destination is somewhere else and it'll take about ten minutes to stroll your way back there, which means you end up missing a significant chunk of what the game offers.

It's just... yeah. So annoying.

Gandour

Neo Member
In a way, Rapture has too much game, haha.

If it was just walking around in rural England nosing around peoples' homes it'd be a lot of fun, but the fact that you have places to be makes exploration such a chore. Like, you end up not wanting to walk all the way over there and look through someone's house because your destination is somewhere else and it'll take about ten minutes to stroll your way back there, which means you end up missing a significant chunk of what the game offerks.

It's just... yeah. So annoying.

LOL, Thats exactly what i wanna do in that game, go into peoples house end walk around like some very nosy tourist.

Gandour

Neo Member
If you love those two games then you should totally get SOMA. The story telling is insanely good in a way that is rather uncommon in games. It's also insanely atmospheric and sometimes terrifying. Even the ending, something that usually falls flat in games for me, works so well. It gives you that same feeling as walking out of a brilliant film.

How scary is that? Love some good story but am kind of a chicken.

I'm not a big fan of the Horror genre, will I still dig the game?

LordOfChaos

These flash sales are deadly, lol. But Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 were part of why I got a PS4 so I guess I'll let myself get both!

Hm, I see Bloodborne for 24 like expected, but The Witcher 3 for 30 instead of 25 on the Canadian store. Reason for one getting the Critic sale + PS+ sale price, but not the other?

co1onel

Darn, I just bought bloodborne at normal price a few days ago.

I'll probably pick up MGSV at that price. Tempted to get Battlefront because I loved the originals, but the lukewarm reception is putting me off.

I know a lot of people didn't like Arkham Knight, but for those that did, is the season pass worth it? I really enjoyed AK and would love to try out some of the DLC.

icespide

Banned
I know a lot of people didn't like Arkham Knight, but for those that did, is the season pass worth it? I really enjoyed AK and would love to try out some of the DLC.

the season pass is not worth it, all of the DLC is garbage and I'm not even exaggerating. do not waste even $1 on the season pass

I enjoyed the main game

Soooo... Life is Strange on sale or Firewatch this weekend? Which would you choose, gang?

Both are great, both are flawed, both are wholly interesting.

Get both! But LIS is the better deal for 10 bucks.

By the way, fantastic sale. Nearly all of the PS4 Critics Choice games are worth buying.

JTripper

It adds a ton of trophies and if you enjoy the challenge modes and racing in Arkham Knight, you might get your money's worth out of it, since the character story DLCs are honestly the worst. Season of Infamy and the Batgirl DLC were ok, though short, but that's about it.

My favorite pieces of DLC are the new racing maps. They're pretty unique and specially made to reflect whatever era they're from, whether it's 60s Batman, 1989 Batman, or even Nolan Batman. You'll also get tons of extra skins which are also dumb fun to play with.

If you really want to get back into Arkham Knight, I don't think you can go wrong with a $17 season pass if you haven't touched any of the DLC. There's honestly a lot of content, despite much of it being just ok. I got the season pass from an Amazon pricing error at $17 and earned every trophy, so I definitely got my money's worth out of it. Just go into it with the expectation that you're playing DLC that's cumulatively worth only $17 and not $50 and I think you'll be fine haha.

LordOfChaos

Bloodborne 24$
Witcher 3 24$

damn, two games for 48$ hehe.

People buy this, you're good for 2 months :)

I see Bloodborne for 24, but TW3 as 30 in the Canadian store. Wonder why one got both the critic sale and the PS+ sale price, and the other only seems to get the critic price?

Other Canadians, what do you see?
Really want both

I see Bloodborne for 24, but TW3 as 30 in the Canadian store. Wonder why one got both the critic sale and the PS+ sale price, and the other only seems to get the critic price?

Other Canadians, what do you see?
Really want both

It's likely based on the original price on the Canadian store, and the % discount is applied to it.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
dang - really holding out for complete physical editions of many of these games...

maybe ill do axiom, hotline 2, and banner saga

what makes tales so good? is it any different than other TT adventures? or is the writing just that good? - is it comedy?

Top Bottom