• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale: PS+ Specials & Critic's Choice

Got to say I'm really liking that these sales are so common.

They( and MS) were woefully behind steam for years, nice to see they're gaining ground. Not *quite* there yet, but I'm much more willing to buy digitally with these kinds of prices.

ViciousDS

Banned
the tech that is behind just cause 3 is one of the most amazing displays I have seen on a console. Runs pretty good on the PS4 and the draw distance is just fucking amazing.

this was my capture of jumping off a heli in high altitude you can see the tech at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZmBhEKNubM

HOWEVER, the game is insanely fucking tedious and the mission structure is so boring. Even for an explosive sandbox it gets old very, very fast. If you love mindless explosions, flying, and stuff pick it up. However I would still wait for a further price drop, the fact that you are forced to do side missions/stuff to progress the story was the biggest killer. The map was just way to big in a negative way, but the sights are the positive part. You can take some really nice screenshots with the game.

Buy Tales from Borderlands EVEN IF YOU DISLIKE OR NEVER PLAYED THE BORDERLANDS series
It's standalone.
Seriously
Buy it
It is a good fun adventure game to experience with friends and family.
Nah man, not until I can buy a physical version used so Gearbox doesn't get any money.

I think I may have to finally get Life is Strange though.

the tech that is behind just cause 3 is one of the most amazing displays I have seen on a console. Runs pretty good on the PS4 and the draw distance is just fucking amazing.

this was my capture of jumping off a heli in high altitude you can see the tech at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZmBhEKNubM

HOWEVER, the game is insanely fucking tedious and the mission structure is so boring. Even for an explosive sandbox it gets old very, very fast. If you love mindless explosions, flying, and stuff pick it up. However I would still wait for a further price drop, the fact that you are forced to do side missions/stuff to progress the story was the biggest killer. The map was just way to big in a negative way, but the sights are the positive part. You can take some really nice screenshots with the game.

Can't agree on it running great on PS4...when you start blowing things up, which seems to be the point of the game, it takes massive hits to the framerate and can be a little grating. Especially if you are in the bigger bases or cities.

graywolf323

does this work with just loading funds into the PSN wallet? or does it have to be a purchase?

That's only for first time paypal users. Read the terms and conditions.

as in brand new to PayPal or never used PayPal with PSN before?

edit: looks like you have to make a new PayPal account, sucks that they're excluding previous PayPal users :-/

ViciousDS

Banned
Can't agree on it running great on PS4...when you start blowing things up, which seems to be the point of the game, it takes massive hits to the framerate and can be a little grating. Especially if you are in the bigger bases or cities.

I said it was pretty good......didn't say great lol. Yes, it does dip when shit hits the fan.

I feel so bad for X1 owners though....not even the opening scene can hit 30fps.....can't believe people bought it for that console when it ran utterly fucking terrible.

Is this just for new Paypal users? Seems like it is.

I said it was pretty good......didn't say great lol. Yes, it does dip when shit hits the fan.

I feel so bad for X1 owners though....not even the opening scene can hit 30fps.....can't believe people bought it for that console when it ran utterly fucking terrible.

Ah didn't mean to come off as rude hehe I was just so disappointed in the game. JC2 was one of my favorite games from last gen and while JC3 didn't completely fail it just really bothered me to see how little support they did with the game after it released with some pretty massive issues. Still keeping the game, the wingsuit is amazing as you say. It was the best thing about 3 imo.

ViciousDS

Banned
Ah didn't mean to come off as rude hehe I was just so disappointed in the game. JC2 was one of my favorite games from last gen and while JC3 didn't completely fail it just really bothered me to see how little support they did with the game after it released with some pretty massive issues. Still keeping the game, the wingsuit is amazing as you say. It was the best thing about 3 imo.

you didn't come off as rude....I just took it was I should have probably mentioned there are some performance issues when shit really gets going and when a lot of streaming needs to be....such as in the really big cities.....which there are. But I totally feel on everything you say. I loved JC2 and the wingsuit in 3 was fucking amazing to use and was so well done handling wise.

It sucks that Arkham Knight and Fallout 4 got such bad reception from people here because Ive been dying to play them. Even some of my friends didnt like them too much. I guess I'll wait til they go even lower.

Batman is shit, I bought it on a sale for the PS4 and I can't wait to sell it. Avoid it.

How long will this last?

Ugh, the Bloodborne price is great, but I was leaning towards physical...

What are the chances it drops to $19.99 retail in the next six months?

Does Until Dawn have any replay value? Trying to avoid buying "one and done" games digitally.
Depends, plenty of different outcomes and ending but you'll be redoing the same scenarios. I did enjoy watching my girlfriend play though and watch the fear get her.

xrnzaaas

Does Until Dawn have any replay value? Trying to avoid buying "one and done" games digitally.

Not really. Even though the game's non-linear you can witness all of the key scenes by completing the game twice (or more if you're not aware of the choices and consequences). It's also a rather quick platinum. I bought a retail version on day1 and sold it a few days later.

How long will this last?

Ugh, the Bloodborne price is great, but I was leaning towards physical...

What are the chances it drops to $19.99 retail in the next six months?

Bloodborne is so worth the full MSRP, I can understand wanting physical though but it's such a amazing experience and has a ton of replay value. Do it! It's the game that turned me for a Souls hater to a massive fan.

Johndoey

Banned
If you're only going to buy one adventure series, get Tales from The Borderlands and avoid Life is Strange unless you have a sick fetish for atrocious dialog and characters you wish would go play in traffic.
I would quite say atrocious, but definitely grab Tales over Lis if you have to choose one or the other.

acevans2

I missed the sale on Divinity and was hoping that would come back (obviously I didn't expect it'd come back this quick though). Happy that SOMA is discounted that far though: I'm in!

Top Bottom