• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN still down, internal testers online in various games though

Status
Not open for further replies.

simtmb

MK online is all i want...but my hype/interest for it is basically gone now lol.

Since i need to redeem the Kombat Pass, i guess i can just forget about playing it online altogether as i will be busy for the latter half of the month.

Ah well.

Tizoc said:
I'm callin it; Kingdom Hearts 3 will be announced in E3 exclusively for PS3, this'll more than likely help get their customer's interest back.
If someone had told me two years ago that Duke Nukem Forever would release before KHIII, I would've laughed in your face.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if KHIII will release before PSN comes back. Always bet on Sora!

Angst said:
Nooooooooooooooo!

PM on the way fellow Super GT commandant
Mushs just being a drama queen.

Full Up by May 31st does not mean online gaming will be up in May 31st. Online gaming will be one of the first things they'll be putting up. Could even be this week.

I hope.

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
Mushs just being a drama queen.

Full Up by May 31st does not mean online gaming will be up in May 31st. Online gaming will be one of the first things they'll be putting up. Could even be this week.

I hope.
We hope too... but I have low expectations for people staying inside / at home in July to be able to race. :p

Edit - meaning we can't get a full season in before the summer break.

onken

Fix The Scientist said:
Oh god it probably doesnt, i forgot totally. FUCK. I'm now at my lowest point so far of this whole saga. :(

Why wouldn't it? The code is for Steam, not PSN store.

LordK

Fix The Scientist said:
Oh god it probably doesnt, i forgot totally. FUCK. I'm now at my lowest point so far of this whole saga. :(

It might since you just go through the Steam overlay.

Corto

Anon needs to realize that there is a point where people start rooting for the giant that it's down instead of the David that knocked him down. I hope that Sony uses this whole clusterfuck as an opportunity. PSN 2.0 needs to be as secure as it can be. On one side this time that they are taking reestablishing the service shows that much, they will not compromise this time with the security of their costumers data, but on the other... damn... almost one more month?!

Hanmik

Starting to pop up on mainstream sites.

Hopefully that headline doesn't manifest itself into an outright PSN not back till end of May as the article starts to swim out to most gaming news websites.

Don't think we can handle many more waves of FUD amidst our despair of having no PSN.

I think it is good that many websites adopt this news.. true or false news, as long as enough attention is turned to this news, Sony Will have to come with a reply to the news. Maybe this way we will get an update from Sony..

Mael

Wadding throught the thread....

okenny said:
It's not like waiting for a dead friend to comeback to life is a viable option :/
...yeah so fuck that guy!

He's not friend with Jesus :O!

On a more serious note funny to see all the shit that went through since the last time I actually saw some update...

I mean Anon went to hell apparently and Sony is twiddling its thumbs while remaking psn (lol no you don't redo an online infrastructure in 2 days either).

Just a side note, it's nothing like the whole YLOD or the RROD, because it's not some design faults that brought the system to its knees all by itself (seriously the whole RRoD was embarrasing). I mean people who sold all their shit because their system broke for the 11th time are actually entitled to do that since they actually had some major inconvenience because their hard earned cash were buying bricks after bricks.
I still feel for the poor buyers of Socom 4 though...

Hanmik said:
I think it is good that many websites adopt this news.. true or false news, as long as enough attention is turned to this news, Sony Will have to come with a reply to the news. Maybe this way we will get an update from Sony..

What are you expecting from them? To them it's simply old news because they mentioned this last week. We've known since then that the online play would go up first and then the store would follow later this month.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Starting to pop up on mainstream sites.

Hopefully that headline doesn't manifest itself into an outright PSN not back till end of May as the article starts to swim out to most gaming news websites.

Don't think we can handle many more waves of FUD amidst our despair of having no PSN.

Until Sony themselves step in and actually announce when we'll be able to play online, this'll keep happening.

Mael

Corto said:
Anon needs to realize that there is a point where people start rooting for the giant that it's down instead of the David that knocked him down. I hope that Sony uses this whole clusterfuck as an opportunity. PSN 2.0 needs to be as secure as it can be. On one side this time that they are taking reestablishing the service shows that much, they will not compromise this time with the security of their costumers data, but on the other... damn... almost one more month?!

Well it also helps when David starts to act batshit crazy too.

Hanmik

SolidSnakex said:
What are you expecting from them? To them it's simply old news because they mentioned this last week. We've known since then that the online play would go up first and then the store would follow later this month.

what I´m expecting from them..? something alot better than this stuff:

May 1st.
SOME PLAYSTATION NETWORK AND QRIOCITY SERVICES TO BE AVAILABLE THIS WEEK

May 6th..
Today our global network and security teams at Sony Network Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment began the final stages of internal testing of the new system, an important step towards restoring PlayStation Network and Qriocity services

May 7th.
When we held the press conference in Japan last week, based on what we knew, we expected to have the services online within a week. We were unaware of the extent of the attack on Sony Online Entertainment servers, and we are taking this opportunity to conduct further testing of the incredibly complex system. We know many of you are wanting to play games online, chat with your friends and enjoy all of the services PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have to offer, and trust me when I say we’re doing everything we can to make it happen. We will update you with more information as soon as we have it

they are too vague with their stuff. The PR is just bad.. they can do a lot better than this.. I know the boss is called Howard Stringer, but why should the rest of Sony keep Stringing us along..

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Yea, it's sucking more but I can't say I'm surprised. Folks just didn't realize how reliant they were on PSN and it sucks more to have to wait. If they rebuilt the servers and infrastructure then I can see why it would be a huge undertaking but it still is patience sapping.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nirolak said:
I wonder if the Portal 2 registration works without the store.

It should. The issue is getting PSN to log in to let you even sync the accounts.

manzo said:
I hope Atlus considers adding this downtime to their Demon's Souls server shutdown countdown. :(

Atlus probably has the server offline right now. All the time offline = saved money to keep them online when PSN does go back up.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Jesus just read the thread title, they being Sony, stated it was going to 2 step/stage process

1. Online Play + PSN account management hotfixes (passwords/secuirty "?", etc.)

2. Store @ end of month, more security added to purchases + Welcome Back program kicks into effect, June 1st > June 30th
(Sony can use the 30 day free trial to PSN to pad their subscription numbers come E3, same as the 77,000,000 100,000,000 accounts)

Luckily NAPSNGAF is sound asleep from coast to coast

I await the outrage, I got +5 on people going Fuck This! 360 here I come like that other guy
Also + 10 on bannings, Daddy robbed many Graves from those banned members, could use a pair of seude shoes (*^_^*)v

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Nirolak said:
I wonder if the Portal 2 registration works without the store.

I was fortunate enough to link my Portal 2 PS3 copy with my Steam account before all the hoopla.

Are you referring to registering the PC/MAC version that comes with the PS3 copy to steam?

If so from what i remember, you just need to login your steam account in the Portal 2 menu on PS3. After that you just login Steam on PC and enter the code to start downloading the PC/MAC copy.

Pretty sure you don't need the Playstation Store, but it has been a couple weeks lol.

Carl

This whole thing has really showed how willing websites are to jump on news before they know what the hell they're on about.

Tizoc said:
I'm callin it; Kingdom Hearts 3 will be announced in E3 exclusively for PS3, this'll more than likely help get their customer's interest back.

This is SquareEnix we are talking about. Something like that would unfortunately go to some portable system exclusively.

Audioboxer

Spider_Jerusalem said:

Argh, seriously what is it this generation with sensationalist headlines? Yes I know, people are suppose to read the full article before jumping to conclusions, but journalists must know... that doesn't happen more than often. Why read 200 words when a headline on twitter says "PSN down for another 3-4 weeks". Sounds self explanatory, no?

All they need to do is add a handful more words to the title to make it clearer. How about even "Some PSN services down for another 3-4 weeks?" I should have a new job now.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Carl said:
This whole thing has really showed how willing websites are to jump on news before they know what the hell they're on about.

Gaming Journalism, where "Hits" matter for them to keep a "job"

Just like local news "If it Bleeds, it Leads", they try to 1up the competition, then just a slippery slope of who can sensationalize their story and garner more eyeballs to their sites

I mean fact checking, source confirmation then reconfirmation, taking time to write up stuff = thrown out the window. It's more rumor based, "telephone game" journalism, I heard from someone who heard from someone who was the brother's farther's uncle's roomate double probation super secret undercover QA tester who is not even on said project =[

Hanmik said:
what I´m expecting from them..? something alot better than this stuff:

May 1st.

May 6th..

May 7th.

they are too vague with their stuff. The PR is just bad.. they can do a lot better than this.. I know the boss is called Howard Stringer, but why should the rest of Sony keep Stringing us along..

They should just avoid commenting on when it'll be up until they can say "It's going to be up May _".

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I was freaking out at the thread title change, but then I remembered they had said that it will be fully 100% up at the end of the month, so it's not like nothing new was announced. lol

Wonder when online play will be up...hopefully this week. It's a shame I won't be able to get my Rock Band DLC, but oh well.

Hanmik

hmm.. just thinking about what the PSN downtime might be doing to gamesales..

upcoming games in North America:

05/10
Brink
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: ...
MX vs. ATV Alive
Virtua Tennis 4

05/17
Fallout: New Vegas - Honest Hearts
L.A. Noire
L.A. Noire: A Slip of the Tongue
L.A. Noire: The Naked City

05/24
DiRT 3
DiRT 3 (w/ RC Car)
Kung Fu Panda 2: The Video Game
Naughty Bear (Gold Edition)

05/31
Hunted: The Demon's Forge

the bolded ones are pretty much relying on Online (online games and DLC) ... damn..

Europe looks like this:

05/13
Brink
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: ...
MX vs. ATV Alive
SBK 2011

05/20
L.A. Noire
No More Heroes: Heroes' Pa...

05/24
DiRT 3

05/27
Let's Dance with Mel B
White Knight Chronicles II

I might have forgotten some games.. but this is what I remember right now..

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm surprised people are upset by the new thread title. It's the same news we've known.

PSN is never coming back, you all need to buy PCs.

Y2Kev said:
I'm surprised people are upset by the new thread title. It's the same news we've known.

I have one, but it doesn't let me play GT5 online. Doesn't even boot for some reason.

Stupid PC.

Most people just read the "May 31st" part and jump to conclusions

Alx

SolidSnakex said:
They should just avoid commenting on when it'll be up until they can say "It's going to be up May _".

Announcing dates is always hard, especially when you're not 100% sure you'll meet your deadlines. And if they say nothing people will complain about lack of information, which is understandable.
What would be appreciated IMO, even if it is not a requirement, is more information about the different steps they intend to take. For example tell which services will come back first, how far they're into it etc.
It's like watching the loading bars in windows, you cannot tell when they will reach the end, but it's always reassuring to see it move from time to time.

glaurung

Y2Kev said:
Haha, I bought Bad Company 2 on the Steam sale just because I cannot play it on my PS3.

Then I realized that the hardcore community will kill me so hard in that game, I will never ever want to launch a multiplayer match again.

Oh PC, you so crazy.

Chris_C

I think we all know that's exactly what's going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom