• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Killthee said:
You'll have 30 days after the store launches to pick your games.

Once you select your games they'll be automatically added to your Download List and always available for download.
Not necessarily. There's already been a precedent of downloading a game for free and then it not showing up in your download list for future downloads (Flow back in February 2010).

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Wario64 said:
Doesn't matter. No Platinum trophy, no download

wtf!

SIR!

that game is amazing! Granted I 100% the game, and MAYBE it being the first trophy game was a bad thing but its still awesome.

also trophies! bleh

Mooreberg

Solstice said:
I don't see DLC being part of a welcome back package. It kind of dicks people over who don't own the game.

I'm talking about what is supposed to be part of PSN+ completely outside of the "welcome back" games. Are they going to still have the stuff you should have been able to access in April or do they move on from that? Kind of goes along with how crowded the store is going to be since a number of games were supposed to be sold over the past few weeks. Housemarque probably lost some sales.

Fuzzy

Mooreberg said:
I'm talking about what is supposed to be part of PSN+ completely outside of the "welcome back" games. Are they going to still have the stuff you should have been able to access in April or do they move on from that? Kind of goes along with how crowded the store is going to be since a number of games were supposed to be sold over the past few weeks. Housemarque probably lost some sales.
Q: The PlayStation Store hasn’t updated since April 19th. When can I download digital games that were planned to be released since then?
A: To date, three Tuesday publishes were missed, which included items like Under Siege and the MotorStorm Apocalypse demo. Rest assured that you won’t miss any of this great content. To catch up on the large amount of material, we’ll be publishing to the PlayStation Store multiple times per week once commerce functionality is restored. We will update the PlayStation.Blog with information on timing of the Store restoration, as well as the full list of new content as each publish occurs.

Q: How will PlayStation Plus members be affected by the PSN downtime? A number of games/items were slated to go live or come down on April 26th.
A: We will be picking back up with the PlayStation Plus content calendar where we left off to ensure that you won’t miss out on anything.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/16/psn-faq-restoration-questions-answered/

Fuzzy

KAL2006 said:
let me get this straight so they are going to have all the stuff that was supposed to be released through the downtime as well as the stuff that was supossed to come in the usual upcoming schedule

For exampleI noticed Beyond Good and Evil 20% discount from 4th May - June 1st for PSN+ owers, can I still expect this
According to the US blog, yes.

Abylim

Wow, torn... those are some good games. Definitely grabbing WipeoutHD, tossing up Ratchet, or LBP1.

Still pissed that it took sony a day extra to get Aus up, but it helps.

btkadams

Genjikage said:
Wow, torn... those are some good games. Definitely grabbing WipeoutHD, tossing up Ratchet, or LBP1.

Still pissed that it took sony a day extra to get Aus up, but it helps.
lbp. don't get the ratchet game. ratchet crack in time is amazing, but quest for booty was pretty short and disappointing. it's like a 4 hour game in comparison to lbp which is much longer and arguably better.

GAF I need help last night I watched a Blu-ray movie than chose to quit playback. At this point the screen went black but never came back up. I tried to turn off the PS3 but the system wouldn't let me so I hit the switch on the back. Now whenever I turn it on I get the boot up screen and the background but the XMB never comes up and it wont recognize any discs I put in. Has anyone ever heard of this I have a 20gig system if that matters.

I know this isn't the hardware thread but I thought I'd post here because of all the traffic.
Thanks in advance

baekshi

Banned
VenusandBacchus said:
GAF I need help last night I watched a Blu-ray movie than chose to quit playback. At this point the screen went black but never came back up. I tried to turn off the PS3 but the system wouldn't let me so I hit the switch on the back. Now whenever I turn it on I get the boot up screen and the background but the XMB never comes up and it wont recognize and discs I put in. Has anyone ever heard of this I have a 20gig system if that matters.

I know this isn't the hardware thread but I thought I'd post here because of all the traffic.
Thanks in advance
Have you tried putting in a DVD? Does it work?

I'm not sure about why the XMB doesn't come up, never heard of it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Black Republican said:
does anyone know if we can redeem a prepaid card?
Content codes are working, but I think someone said PSN money prepaid codes aren't working atm. Go here and give it a shot.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
MrTroubleMaker said:
lol me too, it only took ~33 hours :( I was surprised the link worked in the e-mail :)

maybe there is hope for me after all? havent got anything yet, been waiting 31 hrs @ 3 hotmail accounts.

Magik

Tiduz said:
maybe there is hope for me after all? havent got anything yet, been waiting 31 hrs @ 3 hotmail accounts.

Keep the hope alive! I ended up with two emails on my hotmail account.

legbone

Doctor West said:
So we can actually redeem codes now and it will download without a problem?

i too would like to know the answer to this. i just picked up la noire and would like to redeem my two cases that came with it. however, i am afraid to put them in the website linked above in case they don't work and it somehow invalidates the codes so i cannot use them once the store is back up.

legbone said:
i too would like to know the answer to this. i just picked up la noire and would like to redeem my two cases that came with it. however, i am afraid to put them in the website linked above in case they don't work and it somehow invalidates the codes so i cannot use them once the store is back up.
Exactly how I feel, man. I don't want to ruin my retro Ermac code and the LA Noire stuff I'll get tomorrow.

legbone

well, i'm going to wait until some brave soul tries it out. until then la noire here i come. it's probably been tried somewhere in this thread but i would rather play la noire instead of digging through this thread at the moment.

Nightz

legbone said:
I just put in a promo code that I got for pre-ordering SOCOM 4 on Amazon and it redeemed it fine. However, I can't get to my download list from my PS3 because it's giving me the maintenance message. I'm sure it'll show up there once the store goes back up.

Edit: It does show up on my download list on the website. So it looks like it'll be ready for me to download once the store is fully functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom