• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
radeonxt said:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/16/details-of-the-welcome-back-programme-for-scee-users-2/

EU list.

So... killzone liberation, is nor for ever? only 30 days?

ouch. 1 have to redeem my 10 free games for new psp go users, and 2 of the 4 games come in PSP go 10 games pack :S

PS: did anyone receive mail in a hotmail account? :S

For the German market, InFamous and Dead Nation will be replace with Super Stardust HD and Hustle Kings in the selection of PS3 games.
For the German market, Pursuit Force and Killzone Liberation will be replaced with Everybody’s Golf 2 and Buzz Junior Jungle Party in the selection of PSP games. Killzone Liberation will not offer online gameplay functionality.

criticfacewunq.jpg

BeeDog

I STILL haven't received the password reset mail on my Hotmail/Live account. -_- Anyone else that still has the same problem as me?

Morris

Disco Devil
BeeDog said:
I STILL haven't received the password reset mail on my Hotmail/Live account. -_- Anyone else that still has the same problem as me?

Try requesting it again on your computer. I got mine that way...

BeeDog

I've tried requesting it both through my PS3 and the PC (this URL), I've obviously checked my spam folder (it's a brand new fake mail only for this account anyway) and waited for God knows how many hours. Hmpf. :(

Hey guys Im having a bit of a problem myself if anyone could help.

I dont have wireless so I routinely have to disconnect my comcast supplied modem from my PC and bring it into my living room and hook it up to my PS3.
I used to just plug it all in and wait for the modem to stop blinking then turn the PS3 on and it would work (wouldnt work if PS3 was turned on)

During the outage I got a new modem from Comcast. It works no problem with my PC, I can disconnect and reconnect at any time.
But now when I hook this new modem up to my PS3 and do the same steps I used to do with my old modem I get.

IP found: succesful
Internet Connection: failed

Ive tried unplugging for a few second and even hitting the reset button on the back of the modem, the button used to work on a modem I had years ago, but no luck.

When I use the PS3 browser it does connect to the internet but ask me to perform a Xfinity (new name for Comcast) start up procedure. It wants me to type in my account number.
I havent tried this yet tho...but could registering it through my PS3 browser do the trick?

Any ideas guys?

Bluforce

I have never received the confirm mail in hotmail, but i have now requested a new password from the US site for my US account, and have got immediatly the confirm mail in hotmail.

Soon i will change hotmail with another gmail, like my EU account.

legbone

Nightz said:
I just put in a promo code that I got for pre-ordering SOCOM 4 on Amazon and it redeemed it fine. However, I can't get to my download list from my PS3 because it's giving me the maintenance message. I'm sure it'll show up there once the store goes back up.

Edit: It does show up on my download list on the website. So it looks like it'll be ready for me to download once the store is fully functional.

thanks for this info. i'm going to wait for the store to come back up. back to la noire. i can't stop playing it.

fionel

My hotmail address that is associated with my PSN acct had been hacked and suspended after PSN was taken down. Can I change my email address/password when the servers are back up? (in JPN so the servers are still down ATM)

Yazuka

Benjamin1981 said:
The link in the mail to change your password becomes invalid after 24 hours. Request a new email.

I have. Both once and twice. Still waiting to get some thing. As soon as i can access my account I'm changing to gmail.

le.phat

fionel said:
My hotmail address that is associated with my PSN acct had been hacked and suspended after PSN was taken down. Can I change my email address/password when the servers are back up? (in JPN so the servers are still down ATM)

i changed the passwords on 3 accounts without ever having to wait for an email. Just changed it and could login instantly.

le.phat said:
i changed the passwords on 3 accounts without ever having to wait for an email. Just changed it and could login instantly.

It only works with accounts with purchased content (downloadable demos count as purchased content as you get that red icon). Accounts with no purchased content must be changed though email.

Vagabundo

Hmm I'm getting dead nation.

I'm not sure between Wipeout and infamous. Haven't played Wipeout properly in 10 years or so. Not sure if I would just get pissed off with it. And I know nothing about infamous really. What do you all think?

Oh will there be free downloadable content from PS+ too?

StuBurns

Banned
Vagabundo said:

I'm not sure between Wipeout and infamous. Haven't played Wipeout properly in 10 years or so. Not sure if I would just get pissed off with it. And I know nothing about infamous really. What do you all think?

Try the demos for them.

Tr4nce

Well for me personally, Infamous and Little Big Planet are the most 'quality' games on the list. Too bad that LBP2 has been out for a while now. Anyway, I just updated my PS3, and changed my password. It wasn't that much of a chore as I thought it would be, luckily. Also, I'm curious to see what happens when all of the PSN users will go and collect their 'free games' when PS Store goes back up. Meltdown! :)

dr_octagon

Banned
Vagabundo said:

Playing a demo is a good idea but you may get frustrated and give up. HD was my first wipeout, there is a pilot assist to help beginners but the game has a learning curve and it will take a bit of time. Stick with It and you will be rewarded. I urge everyone to make it their first choice, it's an amazing game.

Also, there may be a resurgence of online for wipeout which is good for everyone - eliminator is immense fun.

bug_42

Pkm said:
Hey guys Im having a bit of a problem myself if anyone could help.

I dont have wireless so I routinely have to disconnect my comcast supplied modem from my PC and bring it into my living room and hook it up to my PS3.
I used to just plug it all in and wait for the modem to stop blinking then turn the PS3 on and it would work (wouldnt work if PS3 was turned on)

During the outage I got a new modem from Comcast. It works no problem with my PC, I can disconnect and reconnect at any time.
But now when I hook this new modem up to my PS3 and do the same steps I used to do with my old modem I get.

IP found: succesful
Internet Connection: failed

Ive tried unplugging for a few second and even hitting the reset button on the back of the modem, the button used to work on a modem I had years ago, but no luck.

When I use the PS3 browser it does connect to the internet but ask me to perform a Xfinity (new name for Comcast) start up procedure. It wants me to type in my account number.
I havent tried this yet tho...but could registering it through my PS3 browser do the trick?

Any ideas guys?

I had something like that as well a while back. You will have to call Comcast to fix it. The good news is they can fix it remotely.

*side note
You should pick up a wireless router. You can get a cheap one for a $25, and could save you a lot of hassle in the future.

Vagabundo

lol good point with the demos. I always forget about them.

I got pretty good at wipeout in the day. I haven't played it since though, although I know how frustrating it can be.

Yazuka

TheBranca18 said:
I got my gmail one pretty much instantly. Leave it to Microsoft to fuck it up for Sony!!
Yeah, you can say that again. I'm getting really frustrated now, still nothing. Agh!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Doctor West said:
So we can actually redeem codes now and it will download without a problem?
Only PSP stuff (via the download list on the site/MediaGo). The PS3 download list is still offline and probably wont return till the PS3 store comes back.

legbone said:
i too would like to know the answer to this. i just picked up la noire and would like to redeem my two cases that came with it. however, i am afraid to put them in the website linked above in case they don't work and it somehow invalidates the codes so i cannot use them once the store is back up.
You can't redeem L.A. Noire codes right now. New retail codes are locked until the content is released on the store. Usually when the store is updated they also update the code database to unlock DLC codes for new games. The L.A. noire stuff is still locked at the moment, they might update the database later today but most likely they'll update it when the store goes up.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Just tried my JPN alt account about 2 minutes ago...

It gave me the "please change the password message", and it actually let me change the password.

It let me change the password, but it didn't let me sign in.

Now, my question: This is my 2nd PS3, the 1st PS3 died a noble death last year, but it was on that one where I made my alt JPN account.

I know that when I got my 2nd PS3, I got Sony to unregister my main US account from the 1st one, but I never bothered to ask to reset the alt accounts. I know the restrictions for changing your password is that it has to be done on the PS3 you originally set the account up on, but if you did manage to unregister the original PS3, you can just do the password change normally, not go through the hassle of doing it by email.

What I'm wondering is that when I unregistered my main account, did Sony also unregister my alt accounts at the same time? I was under the impression I had to ask to unregister each individual account separately.

Carnby

Infinite Lives Employee Isaiah Mielke said, "It's been down for about three or four weeks now and you just can't do anything with it. You can't even back up your safe files so it's pretty much useless."

Mielke said, “People have been bringing in their PlayStation games and their PlayStation 3's and switching to XBox."

source

How would one change their password if the email they signed up with was fake? A family member signed up awhile back but she use a wrong email adress. Is there any other way to get a new password for her?

EDIT- jaekwon15 where is that from? The PSN is online now.

Oh yeah, when i updated the firmware and tried to sign in it didn't say i needed to change my password, it said the password is invalid.

fernoca

Kung Fu Grip said:
How would one change their password if the email they signed up with was fake? A family member signed up awhile back but she use a wrong email adress. Is there any other way to get a new password for her?
If the email was fake, you need to contact Sony and explain the situation and provide them with the fake email/sign-in and other details they'll ask.

I wonder how long it will take Japan PSN to be restored. I also wonder what kind of proof the Japanese government is looking for compared to the other regions that are already back up. I am so bummed I can't join in on all the PSN freebies being doled out to the EU, and US regions.

fernoca said:
If the email was fake, you need to contact Sony and explain the situation and provide them with the fake email/sign-in and other details they'll ask.
So they'll give me a new password over the phone? What about making a real ID, will they require that?

I call customer service but the machine said they're unable to answer do to high traffic.

Yazuka said:
Yeah, you can say that again. I'm getting really frustrated now, still nothing. Agh!

After trying multiple times over the last few days, I just tried again via the website and the email was instant. I then requested it a second time, and it was instant again. Try the reset again.

GodofWine

Any one having voice chat issues post-relaunch?

Never ever had issues in CODBLOPS, now I cut out, can hear 1 out of 4 party members, then they all cut in for a game, and then back out....its like BF 1943 up in there! :/

Yazuka

CronosBlade said:
After trying multiple times over the last few days, I just tried again via the website and the email was instant. I then requested it a second time, and it was instant again. Try the reset again.
Still nothing, sadly. But at least the mail for my US account has arrived. So hopefully that means I can soon use my EU account too. =)

EDIT: Hahaha! And right after posting this I got the email on my main EU account.
Oh, it feels so good again.

Morro! said:
Try requesting it again on your computer. I got mine that way...

Thank you! I did that and it finally got the mail to my hotmail. No idea if that did the trick really but thanks!

Glad that is over.

Can we please direct "games I'll pick from the free program" posts to the Welcome Back thread.
Let's be honest here, you waited all these years to play top games like LBP/Infamous/Wipeout, will you even appreciate them and put quality time into them now, or just do a casual session and never play again? If you genuinely were interested you'd have picked them up long ago.

Anyway, I noticed the ticker for NA is back. But they missed yet another Tuesday Store update. Here's hoping it is back soon...like tomorrow...maybe...or not...

finally got my american psn account password reset to hotmail :)

and yeah, seems like it wont let me add my prepaid psn card on the site, the wallet keeps saying ive added more funds than needed, which obviously isnt true

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
can the title be updated with Store not up yet or something like that. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom