• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if it's been asked already, but has there been any word on a double xp weekend for the Sony Black Ops players? I read a blurb a couple days ago saying that Sony was in talks with Treyarch and they'd have one, but not sure if it would just coincide with the next map pack release or not.

Zoc

The outage itself didn't affect me at all, but it's getting annoying that Sony still isn't allowing access to the North American PSN from Japanese IPs, when it seems like it's up and accepting password resets. I have like $25 in my Canadian account, and I'm getting a little nervous about it.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Ookami-kun said:
Ah so that far ahead eh?

And now it seems like PSN is down again.

I was literally just playing Marvel online about ten minutes ago for about an hour, really?

I can't wait to download Dead Nation and Wipeout HD... and ModNation PSP!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, I was able to change the password yesterday, but now when I tried logging in, it says PSN is down for maintenance.

Susurrus

Ookami-kun said:
Ah so that far ahead eh?

And now it seems like PSN is down again.

Just read an article (sorry was a bit ago don't remember where I saw it) saying they had to bring it down for email congestion (again). Should be up shortly.

Ookami-kun said:
Yeah, I was able to change the password yesterday, but now when I tried logging in, it says PSN is down for maintenance.

What region? I'm signed into PSN right now. And I can see Goldrusher on myfriends list is also logged in.

Ookami-kun said:
Everytime they get overwhelmed with logins and password changes all at once, they have to take it down, clear the caches, and put it back up. It's nothing major.

GodofWine

BigBlue1974 said:
Sorry if it's been asked already, but has there been any word on a double xp weekend for the Sony Black Ops players? I read a blurb a couple days ago saying that Sony was in talks with Treyarch and they'd have one, but not sure if it would just coincide with the next map pack release or not.

They need to get with Treyarch to fix the voice chat post relaunch...its wonky, as is the party system, more so than before (voice chat was always perfect, now Im hearing half the people, dropping out, coming back...annoying)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
SolidSnakex said:
What region? I'm signed into PSN right now. And I can see Goldrusher on myfriends list is also logged in.

Apparently it's just the website due to the password exploit thing. Can sign in in the console but not via website.

GodofWine said:
They need to get with Treyarch to fix the voice chat post relaunch...its wonky, as is the party system, more so than before (voice chat was always perfect, now Im hearing half the people, dropping out, coming back...annoying)
Hmmm weird, I was playing with my clan both during the day yesterday and at night and didn't run into any problems......could have just been lucky though. I've always found the party/chat system to be a little flaky compared to my Xbox Live experience.

BadTaste

I should really read some of the posts about this but is the password change website under maintenance? I got the email to change my pw but when I click the link it's under maintenance. :s

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Solstice said:
Probably not. Uncharted took up most of a bluray since it had uncompressed sound and whatnot.
Nothing on the uncharted disc was uncompressed. The thing is, what was compressed wasn't compressed to look/sound like crap, so it takes a fair chunk of disc space. They should still put it up for download, 20GB or not.

FireCloud

sorry if this has been talked about already....I haven't seen it while reading through this thread yet.

Has the e-mail for the identity theft protection being offered by Sony NA been sent out yet? I haven't noticed anything in my inbox that looked like it and I'm hoping that I didn't accidentally delete it thinking it was just the usual PSN marketing stuff that comes regularly.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
FireCloud said:
sorry if this has been talked about already....I haven't seen it while reading through this thread yet.

Has the e-mail for the identity theft protection being offered by Sony NA been sent out yet? I haven't noticed anything in my inbox that looked like it and I'm hoping that I didn't accidentally delete it thinking it was just the usual PSN marketing stuff that comes regularly.
I don't think that's been sent out yet

hunter7725

Neo Member
Lord Error said:
Nothing on the uncharted disc was uncompressed. The thing is, what was compressed wasn't compressed to look/sound like crap, so it takes a fair chunk of disc space. They should still put it up for download, 20GB or not.
And have it take 3 weeks to download no thanks

GodofWine

BigBlue1974 said:
Hmmm weird, I was playing with my clan both during the day yesterday and at night and didn't run into any problems......could have just been lucky though. I've always found the party/chat system to be a little flaky compared to my Xbox Live experience.

Might be my BT dying...my wired set seems OK...will see later when Im 'partying up'.

Ok let me clarify.

"We have confirmed locally that multiple games (Rockstar and non-Rockstar) overheat or freeze only when 3.61 is installed."

I am sure this will be getting reported all over the web soon or is already, we shall see.

Loudninja

Family Fry said:
Ok let me clarify.

"We have confirmed locally that multiple games (Rockstar and non-Rockstar) overheat or freeze only when 3.61 is installed."

I am sure this will be getting reported all over the web soon or is already, we shall see.
A firmware update cannot make a system overheat people always try and claim this when ever a game is release.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Family Fry said:
Don't know where to put this since I can't start new threads.
Some new info coming out about older 60/80gb units overheating whislt playing LA Noire with the new firmware.

http://support.rockstargames.com/en...utting-themselves-off-while-playing-l-a-noire

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. MOTHERFUCKERS.

Primary reports seem to be that updating to firmware 3.61 will cause PlayStations to overheat. There have been various reports of this on a few different games now, all reporting their PS3s turning off or "Red Lighting" after having installed 3.61. This can range from games randomly freezing to PS3s turning off anywhere between 30 mins use to 2 hours. We have confirmed locally that multiple games (Rockstar and non-Rockstar) overheat or freeze only when 3.61 is installed.

Mine has overheated playing BC2 for two hours. Now I can't even get the damn thing to turn on because it's decided to YLoD. With Portal 2 in it.

SONY YOU MOTHERFUCKERS. You better be offering a replacement deal for this shit for those of us that are effected by this. I am not paying $150 again for this shit. >:| :mad: :mad:

bumpkin

Does the game give the option to install, and does the problem still occur if you do install it? I picked up the PS3 version last night but haven't opened it yet... Might suck up the 3-disc nonsense and exchange for the 360 version if the PS3 version is going to give me problems (I have the 80gb "Motorstorm bundle" PS3).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
bumpkin said:
Does the game give the option to install, and does the problem still occur if you do install it? I picked up the PS3 version last night but haven't opened it yet... Might suck up the 3-disc nonsense and exchange for the 360 version if the PS3 version is going to give me problems (I have the 80gb "Motorstorm bundle" PS3).
There's a mandatory 1.3GB install.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The LA Noire thing just sounds like a bad coincidence. Same thing happened to people when the last big game came out too.

Kagari said:
The LA Noire thing just sounds like a bad coincidence. Same thing happened to people when the last big game came out too.

Not to mention whenever a new FW comes out people come out of the woodwork that such and such game doesn't work/froze my system/caused my system to YLOD/stop reading discs/kill my dog.

ALWAYS

Zoe

Gilgamesh said:
Why would a firmware update cause the system to overheat?

To be fair, they have used FW updates in the past to change the fan usage. As an improvement, though.

It's just the normal influx of people using their systems after an update--probably amplified because of the PSN situation. Sunday morning was the first time I turned mine on in over a month :lol

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
I see what they're doing.

Since people are selling their PS3s due to the PSN fiasco, Sony started worrying about lost game sales. Sony then release a new FW that kills PS3s, so that PS3 owners will have to buy new PS3s to make up for the lost game sales. Sony, you magnificent bastards!

catMonocle.jpg

Curufinwe

Family Fry said:
Ok let me clarify.

Isn't the only way to test that is by rolling back the firmware to an earlier version on a 3.61 PS3 that has overheated?

LowParry

Hmm. Something interesting. Back some time after April 22nd, I purchased through PSN Final Fantasy IV Complete. PSN is down, things are back up. And today I noticed a $29.99 charge from the Playstation Network. Looking over my bank records, I showed no charges during that April time. Wonder if anyone else has had this happen. It's nothing to fret or worry about, just that I was never charged at the time till now.

Momo

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
I see what they're doing.

Since people are selling their PS3s due to the PSN fiasco, Sony started worrying about lost game sales. Sony then release a new FW that kills PS3s, so that PS3 owners will have to buy new PS3s to make up for the lost game sales. Sony, you magnificent bastards!

catMonocle.jpg
:(

duckroll

HahahahahhaHahahahahhaHahahahahha.

It has now officially been 4 weeks since PSN stopped working for me, and guess what, it's still not working! Woo hoo! Sony is awesome at communicating to customers wtf is going on! 4 days ago, they posted all that crap from the US updates on the Asia site. Regional roll out! Awesome! 4 days later? Still not a word on when Asia is going back online. Sony doesn't give a fuck about me, why should I give a fuck about them?

I hope Sony dies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
duckroll said:

It has now officially been 4 weeks since PSN stopped working for me, and guess what, it's still not working! Woo hoo! Sony is awesome at communicating to customers wtf is going on! 4 days ago, they posted all that crap from the US updates on the Asia site. Regional roll out! Awesome! 4 days later? Still not a word on when Asia is going back online. Sony doesn't give a fuck about me, why should I give a fuck about them?

I hope Sony dies.
Has there still been no word on when Japan will let them restore PSN? That's awful.

I still can't access PSN, I finally got my email for password change yesterday and the website to change the password still hasn't been fixed. I though sony said the exploit was fixed, then why hasn't the website been updated?

This has probably been asked 10000 times, but when is PS Store coming back up? Keeps saying it's down for maintenance even though I can sign in to PSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom