• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

onken said:
Yeah you do that. Meanwhile I will continue to base my purchasing decisions on things that actually matter rather than what PR mouthpieces do or don't say.

No, I base my purchase decisions on things that actually matter: being respected as a customer. You sound like I am missing out by switching platforms. No I am not the one missing out. They are the one missing out by losing a customer. Video game is an entertainment; it's not my livelihood.

All platforms have good enough games to fill our free time.

TChirath said:
Can you blame them when we keep bending over despite how they treat us? Playstation brand is much stronger in asia. Most people still choose PS3 over 360 no matter what. Plus the percentage of people playing online are much lower than in the West.

Yeah, see the above quote for prime example #1.

But actually, at least where I live, there are more 360 owners than PS3 already. Plus 360 games are regularly cheaper.

Enosh

just got back from college, didn't realy follow the news from the "welcome back" thread on

password recovery page is under maintaince now? -.-

edit: should have read the last page, looks like it isn't fixed, tought the thing was a problem on my side beacose I live in slovenia and have an UK account, if it is down for other people too then I am at ease

[Nintex]

Metalmurphy said:
I managed to accurately represent PSN security!

oczHK.jpg
LNuom.jpg

Sullen

I followed the instructions in the OP about resetting your password when you've forgotten it. Problem is, when I click the link in my email to reset it, takes me to a Sony website that says it is under maintenance. What do I do now?

androvsky

Sullen said:
I followed the instructions in the OP about resetting your password when you've forgotten it. Problem is, when I click the link in my email to reset it, takes me to a Sony website that says it is under maintenance. What do I do now?

There was a rather amateurish mistake in the security of the password reset page, so we have to wait for Sony to fix that before email password resets will work. The annoying thing for me is Sony took down that page just as Hotmail started letting confirmation emails through.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wario64 said:
I still gotta pick the 2 winners for the PSN bet. lol too lazy.

Flip a coin. :p

ScrubJay

Enosh said:
just got back from college, didn't realy follow the news from the "welcome back" thread on

password recovery page is under maintaince now? -.-

edit: should have read the last page, looks like it isn't fixed, tought the thing was a problem on my side beacose I live in slovenia and have an UK account, if it is down for other people too then I am at ease

I just did a password recovery on a secondary account an hour ago (US). Weird though, I didn't have to do the email thing on my main account on Saturday.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ULTROS! said:
Flip a coin. :p

I did random number to pick the winners...they are:

Alright, I finally picked the winners. Here are the lucky #'s:

Winner1:
kDf2J.jpg

Winner2:
zRqcd.jpg

Uhh..I think I'm #31 :lol :lol :lol

Winner 1 is BeeDog. I think I'll redraw #2 again because people will think I rigged it :/ I swear that's what it came up!

BTW #'s are in order of the list in page 1. I auto-counted the number of commas + the number of dates used to get the exact count.

duckroll

Woohoo! The week is almost over, and guess what? PSN is still down! Not a word since the 15th about the Japan/Asia situation. No updates. Nothing! Sweet! I should just tear up my LA Noire pre-order DLC cards since they're fucking useless right now! LOL!

M.D

duckroll said:
Woohoo! The week is almost over, and guess what? PSN is still down! Not a word since the 15th about the Japan/Asia situation. No updates. Nothing! Sweet! I should just tear up my LA Noire pre-order DLC cards since they're fucking useless right now! LOL!

Time to move to another country!

BeeDog

Wario64 said:
I did random number to pick the winners...they are:

Alright, I finally picked the winners. Here are the lucky #'s:

Winner1:
kDf2J.jpg

Winner2:
zRqcd.jpg

Uhh..I think I'm #31 :lol :lol :lol

Winner 1 is BeeDog. I think I'll redraw #2 again because people will think I rigged it :/ I swear that's what it came up!

BTW #'s are in order of the list in page 1. I auto-counted the number of commas + the number of dates used to get the exact count.

Woot! I never win anything. :D

onken

Sadaiyappan said:
Yeah, it's my US account.

Lucky you. According to the press release they said they were aiming for full restoration by end of the month, it better be up in Japan by then :(

Hmm, this is weird:

My PSN+ (would have) expired during the downtime. Games with the Plus restriction on them no longer boot, like you would expect. However, Automatic Downloads still seem to work - I had a couple patches come through just the other day.

sadaiyappan

I was able to connect to a GTA server and it seemed lag free. I played for about two minutes then the power got cut on my street which happens often but usually they turn the power back on right away. My modem is connected to my inverter. When the power gets cut the inverter is not fast enough so I get disconnected from the net for a few seconds until the modem resets.

Even when I was in the US in Woodridge the power would get cut every once in a while.

[Nintex]

Sony security if the gift that keeps on giving, todays story:

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00002160.html

We know you're not supposed to kick somebody when they're already down… but we just found a live phishing site running on one of Sony's servers.

However, this incident has nothing to do with the Sony PSN hack.

[...]

Basically this means that Sony has been hacked, again. Although in this case the server is probably not very important.

Sony has been notified. The malicious URL is blocked for our customers.

Curufinwe

Killthee said:
The Account Management site seems to be up again. Guess they fixed the password reset exploit.

Thanks for the heads up. I just reset the password on my New Zealand PSN account and got the email from Sony at my hotmail address only 5 minutes later.

The only thing I ever used that account for was downloading the Wipeout Pulse demo back in December, 2007.

Enosh

yeah rested my password too, even played some KZ3 already, feels good ^^
funny enough the link from yesterday worked despite being way over the 3h mark...

Dipswitch

Killthee said:
The Account Management site seems to be up again. Guess they fixed the password reset exploit.

Was just able to login and changed my login to a unique email address specifically for my PSN account. Also removed my billing information. I guess that's like closing the barn door after the horses are out, but it limits my exposure going forward. And since I don't anticipate buying anything from the PS Store for some time to come, it shouldn't impact me much, if at all.

verbum

With Anonymous Denial of Service attacks and then the twin hacks of PlayStation Network and Sony Online Entertainment, Sony's online infrastructure has been taking a battering over the last few weeks—and it's not over yet. Another successful hack against the company is being reported by security firm F-Secure. A Web server used to host Sony's Thai site has been broken into, and is now being used to host a phishing site that targets customers of an Italian credit card company.

Unlike the PSN and SOE break-ins, this hack is not likely to have any serious consequences; it should be restricted to a relatively unimportant Web server that has no access to sensitive customer information. Still, it shows that Sony's online troubles aren't over yet—and that the entire company needs to take online security more seriously.

http://arstechnica.com/security/news/2011/05/sony-hacked-again-used-to-host-phishing-site.ars?comments=1#comments-bar

Is "Sony" a Japanese term for black cloud?

Alucrid

Banned
So uh...I tried the password I had for my PSN, didn't work. So I went to forgot password, put in my email and DOB and it said the info was wrong. Am I fucked?

Zoe

Alucrid said:
So uh...I tried the password I had for my PSN, didn't work. So I went to forgot password, put in my email and DOB and it said the info was wrong. Am I fucked?

Call support.

Alucrid said:
It's impossible to change the DoB, and if someone changed the login address you would have gotten a warning email.

TommyT

Sorry if this has been posted/asked before...

I haven't been on PSN in a LOOOOOONG time, so I don't know if I have any PSN bucks/points/coins/shillings/or whatever. I don't remember putting money on it though. I log in and change/update all of my information, click on the funds link and get this message:

Your wallet is fully funded or you cannot add the minimum amount without exceeding the funding limit.

Anyone else have a full "wallet" after this?

test_account

XP-39C²
TommyT said:
Sorry if this has been posted/asked before...

I haven't been on PSN in a LOOOOOONG time, so I don't know if I have any PSN bucks/points/coins/shillings/or whatever. I don't remember putting money on it though. I log in and change/update all of my information, click on the funds link and get this message:

Anyone else have a full "wallet" after this?
I'm not at home right now, so i cant check, but i assume that this message is a "side effect" from PS Store being down.

Zoe

Just checked on the website and I get the same message. I agree that it's there to prevent you from putting money in while the store is down.

Tranced Shadow said:
Hmm, this is weird:

My PSN+ (would have) expired during the downtime. Games with the Plus restriction on them no longer boot, like you would expect. However, Automatic Downloads still seem to work - I had a couple patches come through just the other day.

I am actually in the same exact position you are except I haven't checked to see if my PSN+ stuff I downloaded has changed. It will be another 5 hours before I am home to check, but I will try and let you know if I encounter the same problem. My PSN+ was scheduled to end right in the heart of the outtage, but I planned on renewing it. I can't wait to see what type of mess all my stuff is in. What a freaking headache.

Rubashov

I'm missing some of the last trophies I earned before the crash. Is this a known issue?

They all appear to be trophies I earned when I was playing on my brother's PS3 under my account. Some of the older trophies I got that way are still there, but the most recent ones (which were actually back in Jan/Feb) are gone. Namely Titan mode trophy on GOW3, and hence the platinum too... Any known fixes for this?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Rubashov said:
I'm missing some of the last trophies I earned before the crash. Is this a known issue?

They all appear to be trophies I earned when I was playing on my brother's PS3 under my account. Some of the older trophies I got that way are still there, but the most recent ones (which were actually back in Jan/Feb) are gone. Namely Titan mode trophy on GOW3, and hence the platinum too... Any known fixes for this?

did you sync before PSN went down?

Rubashov said:

Did you synch the trophies on your brother's PS3?

XTERC

Rubashov said:

Have you logged back on using your brothers PS3 and re-synced?

Rubashov

Between the time I stopped earning trophies on his PS3 and the time I gave it back to him, I'm sure it would've synced at some point. I played a game here and there, and uploaded my saves to the cloud. I can't say for sure that I manually synced it, though.

If it never synced the latest progress, would my trophies have been missing on my PS3 for the past few months now? I guess I wouldn't have noticed missing trophies if I wasn't looking for some missing.

I'll have to get him to log me in soon to test it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom