• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubashov said:
Between the time I stopped earning trophies on his PS3 and the time I gave it back to him, I'm sure it would've synced at some point. I played a game here and there, and uploaded my saves to the cloud. I can't say for sure that I manually synced it, though.

If it never synced the latest progress, would my trophies have been missing on my PS3 for the past few months now? I guess I wouldn't have noticed missing trophies if I wasn't looking for some missing.

I'll have to get him to log me in soon to test it out.

You'll have to manually synch on both PS3, but first on your brothers PS3, with your account (obviously)

TChirath

Neo Member
jett said:
I thought it was ip-based.

It is in fact IP-based. I have US PS3, US account, but I still can't log in from my country (asia). And yes.. wow @ no update since May 15th on both Japansese PSN and Asia PSN sites.

linsivvi

TChirath said:
It is in fact IP-based. I have US PS3, US account, but I still can't log in from my country (asia). And yes.. wow @ no update since May 15th on both Japansese PSN and Asia PSN sites.

That's why I have such a huge problem with Sony. They couldn't even be bothered to just IP-block the Japanese users for the rest of us. Typical.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Oh cools was wondering if this thread was still kickin!

Question: I'm not gonna get my UK account (prolly JP to) back am I? I don't got any activated content from either of 'em on my system so when I tried to log in it said it sent an email to change the password. That was monday and todays friday~ I used a spam.la mail address like the PSN account guide suggested an nothings turned up there yet ;.;

duckroll

Hydrogen Bluebird said:
I hope us PS3 users from ASIA/JAPAN get a better welcome back package since we've had no PSN for over a fucking month now.

What makes you think it's ever coming back? Can't have no "welcome back" crap when it's never coming back! Lulz.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Huh, I'm from Asia and the PSN is working totally fine.

Though, I'm using a US account.

duckroll

Hahaha. Tomorrow is going to be the one week anniversary of the last time Sony said anything at all about restoring PSN in the remaining regions. Lulz. Such failure. I hope Kaz Hirai gets fired.

linsivvi

ULTROS! said:

Is your country officially supported by Sony? Has its own PSN store? If not then chances are you are not connecting to the Japanese server.

entrydenied said:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/21/psn_delay_credit_card/

It's things like this that make it more difficult. The Japanese government also wanted more explanation or something like that.
Asia PSNs are run by Sony Japan so they can't be up and running as well...

That has nothing to do with the rest of the Asia because:
1. These are Japanese credit card companies with concerns only about the security of Japanese issued credit cards.
2. The store isn't even up.

We know that IP blocking is trivial because when they relaunch the PSN, they had that global map of which country or state within the US is up. Sony Japan just won't do it because they don't care.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
linsivvi said:
Is your country officially supported by Sony? Has its own PSN store? If not then chances are you are not connecting to the Japanese server.

Not PSN support yet (they said by the end of the year). Kinda weird they launch the PS3 here but no PSN support yet over a year.

linsivvi

ULTROS! said:
Not PSN support yet (they said by the end of the year). Kinda weird they launch the PS3 here but no PSN support yet over a year.

Then the server your PS3 connects to depends on the model. I would assume you have an American PS3 and is connecting to the American server. Lucky you.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/20...rt/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Japanese PSN Service Restarting This Month

Sony to share member information with credit card companies to watch for misuse.

Posted on 05.22.2011 at 03:42, by Anoop Gantayat

Sony will restart the Japanese PlayStation Network service some time this month, Nikkei reports today. The service has been down since late last month.

PSN users outside of Japan have had access to parts of the service since last week. As detailed yesterday in Asahi, delays in Japan were brought on by requests from the government and credit card companies for more information from Sony. In Japan, card companies would be held accountable in the event of card misuse. In America, Sony has a contract in place with an insurer to cover possible damages.

Nikkei reports that Sony will give its member information, including name and credit card number, to credit card companies in order to allow them to closely watch for misuse. The site notes that Sony has 12.3 million credit card numbers on file both in and out of Japan.

Nikkei did not list a specific date for the restart of the service. It also did not mention what items will be on offer for Japanese players as part of Sony's "Welcome Back" gift package.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dunno if true but someone tweeted this:
Security researcher says that XBox Live Users are getting hacked after a breach into Bungie.NET

There has been a large amount of reports that Xbox Live accounts linked to Microsoft’s Windows Live ID service are being hijacked by malicious hackers.

Kevin Finisterre on of the security researchers at Digital Munition, has raised red alert on the issue of Full Disclosure mailing list over the weekend, calling attention to rumours that Microsoft’s Bungie.net was the victim of a breach that exposed a portion of Xbox Live.

Finisterre has also reported that gamers are loosing Microsoft Points or getting charged for purchases on their stolen account.

Fersis said:
Dunno if true but someone tweeted this:
The source copy-pasted an old story from 2007, and that turned out to just be a social engineering thing. All of the details are exactly the same: bungie.net, Kevin Finisterre, Full Disclosure mailing list.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Zero-Crescent said:
The source copy-pasted an old story from 2007, and that turned out to just be a social engineering thing. All of the details are exactly the same: bungie.net, Kevin Finisterre, Full Disclosure mailing list.
Crisis adverted.

Thanks good man.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So uh I just turned my PS3 on again, hadn't bothered in many weeks. PSN Store is still down?

androvsky

AgentOtaku said:
So yeah, I'd like to buy P3Portable. Any idea when MediaGO PSN Store will be available again? =(
It's the same store as everything else (I think), so Tuesday is the going rumor currently. Hopefully by the end of the month otherwise.

Kunan

ULTROS! said:

I'm unable to login with a Canadian PS3 account and Canadian PS3 in China. Gives me the canned maintenance remark every time still. Had to download the firmware update to my computer cause it would always break at 4% after 30 minutes of 0%.

:(

Luigison

Metalmurphy said:
I managed to accurately represent PSN security!

oczHK.jpg
What game is that?

Psykotik

linsivvi said:
Then the server your PS3 connects to depends on the model. I would assume you have an American PS3 and is connecting to the American server. Lucky you.

i live in asia (brunei to be exact, no official store or PSN support), my main account is singaporean, my PS3 is singaporean.

i can connect to my US and UK accounts no problem but my SG and JPN accounts remain 'under maintenance'.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I just hope MediaGo lets me buy two of the five PS3 titles
I own/have played
since my PS3 is down. :(

linsivvi

Psykotik said:
i live in asia (brunei to be exact, no official store or PSN support), my main account is singaporean, my PS3 is singaporean.

i can connect to my US and UK accounts no problem but my SG and JPN accounts remain 'under maintenance'.

Those of us in Asian countries with "official" support from Sony always go to the Japan server, regardless of account. So we cannot connect no matter what.

I put quote around support because, well, the support is non-existent.

Diablos

duckroll said:
Hahaha. Tomorrow is going to be the one week anniversary of the last time Sony said anything at all about restoring PSN in the remaining regions. Lulz. Such failure. I hope Kaz Hirai gets fired.
I love Kaz's hand gestures during the video. One second he looks like he's praying, the next he thrusts them forward, still locked together, doing a miserable job of hiding the unease he must have felt while making the video.

Shocked it hasn't been made into a GIF by now.

onken

Hydrogen Bluebird said:

I'm browsing on my phone so thanks for making me follow some stupid link instead of just writing the place name (I could kinda understand if it was some really obscure place that noone's heard of but come on, the Phillipines?)

ULTROS!

onken said:
I'm browsing on my phone so thanks for making me follow some stupid link instead of just writing the place name (I could kinda understand if it was some really obscure place that noone's heard of but come on, the Phillipines?)

Probably one of 'em who's ashamed of their own country, lots of those here. Fortunately I'm not ashamed to say or speak about it at all.

Philippines.

Because no one is responding in the stupid questions thread:

Is there a way to sync PSOne Classic saves between the PS3 and the PSP? I'm going to be making some purchases once the store relaunches, and I'm wondering if I should start on the games now or wait until I get a PSP to play them on.

ULTROS!

Jimmy Stav said:
Because no one is responding in the stupid questions thread:

Is there a way to sync PSOne Classic saves between the PS3 and the PSP? I'm going to be making some purchases once the store relaunches, and I'm wondering if I should start on the games now or wait until I get a PSP to play them on.

You can just copy your PSone save from you PS3 to your PSP via USB connection and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom