• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
duckroll said:
HahahahahhaHahahahahhaHahahahahha.

It has now officially been 4 weeks since PSN stopped working for me, and guess what, it's still not working! Woo hoo! Sony is awesome at communicating to customers wtf is going on! 4 days ago, they posted all that crap from the US updates on the Asia site. Regional roll out! Awesome! 4 days later? Still not a word on when Asia is going back online. Sony doesn't give a fuck about me, why should I give a fuck about them?

I hope Sony dies.

From duckroll to Sony, with hate

linsivvi

duckroll said:

It has now officially been 4 weeks since PSN stopped working for me, and guess what, it's still not working! Woo hoo! Sony is awesome at communicating to customers wtf is going on! 4 days ago, they posted all that crap from the US updates on the Asia site. Regional roll out! Awesome! 4 days later? Still not a word on when Asia is going back online. Sony doesn't give a fuck about me, why should I give a fuck about them?

I hope Sony dies.

They don't care about Asian gamers. This is just like Nintendo. We don't exist. Any service they provide to us is as an after thought. This would never happen in any other region. They could do the sensible thing by just blocking all Japanese IP/Japanese model PS3, by nooooo they don't care because to them, we're irrelevant. There's not even a notification on the PlayStation website. How hard is it to at least write a few line to explain the situation?

I am seriously considering switching to MS or PC only the next gen. I can't deal with this shit from Japanese companies.

duckroll

ThoseDeafMutes said:
This has probably been asked 10000 times, but when is PS Store coming back up? Keeps saying it's down for maintenance even though I can sign in to PSN.

It's never coming back. Sony is going to leave the console industry and focus on selling shitty overpriced TVs instead.

onken

Yeah I'm just gonna bitch in here every night PSN is still not up in Japan.

linsivvi said:
They don't care about Asian gamers. This is just like Nintendo. We don't exist. Any service they provide to us is as an after thought. This would never happen in any other region. They could do the sensible thing by just blocking all Japanese IP/Japanese model PS3, by nooooo they don't care because to them, we're irrelevant. There's not even a notification on the PlayStation website. How hard is it to at least write a few line to explain the situation?

I am seriously considering switching to MS or PC only the next gen. I can't deal with this shit from Japanese companies.

They're waiting for the OK from the goverment, this has been well reported across the internet. If you would buy a different platform not because of the games, price or features but because you had your feelings hurt then I don't know what to tell you. Good luck, I guess.

Also comparing JP PSN to Virtual Console = lol.

onken said:
Yeah I'm just gonna bitch in here every night PSN is still not up in Japan.

They're waiting for the OK from the goverment, this has been well reported across the internet. If you would buy a different platform not because of the games, price or features but because you had your feelings hurt then I don't know what to tell you. Good luck, I guess.

Yeah...I thought I read this too :eek:. That the jp gov is making them wait.

Barrett2

Go319 said:
im so damn close to buying a 360 cuz of this...ffs Sony get it together.
Trials HD > all content on PSN combined.

Anyone know when the store is going up? I'm ready for mah free inFamous.

Mik2121

Go319 said:
im so damn close to buying a 360 cuz of this...ffs Sony get it together.
If you are in Europe or the US, I think you'd be doing correctly.

I'm stuck with PS3 because I live in Japan and the 360 community here is laughable for online games. But if I were in the US, I would use the 360 for everything except the 1st party stuff like LBP or Uncharted :/ At least from now on.. (before, I used to think that paying for the online on 360 was a waste, but seeing the incompetency of Sony this last month... ugh..)

Susurrus

Metalmurphy said:
Yeah, the TVs are really overpriced, just like the Vaio laptops. Not so sure about the shitty part though.

:p

Fuck, my TV is a Bravia and my laptop is a Vaio. They were a bit expensive
well the TV not near as bad, thanks Amazon price+free delivery

Vaio was a bit high but....
better than what I'd get for same price for a Macinlol or Alienware

Go319

Mik2121 said:
If you are in Europe or the US, I think you'd be doing correctly.

I'm stuck with PS3 because I live in Japan and the 360 community here is laughable for online games. But if I were in the US, I would use the 360 for everything except the 1st party stuff like LBP or Uncharted :/ At least from now on.. (before, I used to think that paying for the online on 360 was a waste, but seeing the incompetency of Sony this last month... ugh..)

yeah am already price shopping, im in Australia btw.

fairly certain i'll jump b/c SEGA is a slut for Xbox LIVE and its killing me waiting for their stuff on PSN.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
lawblob said:
Trials HD > all content on PSN combined.
Except halfway through Trials you hit a difficulty barrier, don't progress in the hours to come, and never play the game again out of frustration. Ugh. It's a fun game too, what little I could play of it.

Momo

Banned
duckroll said:
It's never coming back. Sony is going to leave the console industry and focus on selling shitty overpriced TVs instead.
I've heard rumours they are to become a steam-centric PC only dev.

Abylim

I cant imagine how frustrated japangaf must be atm. I was super pissed having to wait a day for psn, I'd be livid right now.

/pat

TChirath

Neo Member
They have not even updated the Japanese PSN site about what's going on since May 15th... I understand there's been some issues with the government, but the lack of update frustrates me of how they treat their most loyal region. They almost seem to treat us like sure things. It's getting ridiculous.

Zoe

TChirath said:
They have not even updated the Japanese PSN site about what's going on since May 15th... I understand there's been some issues with the government, but the lack of update frustrates me of how they treat their most loyal region. They almost seem to treat us like sure things. It's getting ridiculous.

I'm not sure what more they can say though if it's the government holding them back.

Dunan

Still no PSN in Japan; I want to get to the North American store and can't. Error 8002A203 whenever I try to sign in.

Zoe

darkwing said:
they need to prove the PSN is now hack proof to the Japanese government

They can't release the details of their network to the public though. That's just asking for it.

duckroll

For more perspective of how horribly handled the situation in the East is right now by Sony...

There has been no official announcement from Sony about anything since the 15th. Nothing in Japan. Nothing in Asia. The sites have simply not been updated. They only say that PSN is starting to return in US, Europe, Middle East, and Australia. They say that they will announce plans for Japan (and Asia, on the Asian sites) "shortly". It has almost been a full working week since then.

There is nothing official from Sony about the Japanese government preventing them from restarting PSN. That was reported by Nikkei and Reuters. For those who rely on Sony to communicate with their customers directly, there has been a total blackout.

That is how shitty Sony is. Once agian. There is no "lose-lose" situation here. It's just terrible PR.

simtmb

Yep, there is simply no excuse for it.

I'm happy it's back up in my region, but they didn't even handle any part of this situation well, and for it to still be ongoing for Asia/Japan is simply atrocious.

[Nintex]

duckroll said:
For more perspective of how horribly handled the situation in the East is right now by Sony...

There has been no official announcement from Sony about anything since the 15th. Nothing in Japan. Nothing in Asia. The sites have simply not been updated. They only say that PSN is starting to return in US, Europe, Middle East, and Australia. They say that they will announce plans for Japan (and Asia, on the Asian sites) "shortly". It has almost been a full working week since then.

There is nothing official from Sony about the Japanese government preventing them from restarting PSN. That was reported by Nikkei and Reuters. For those who rely on Sony to communicate with their customers directly, there has been a total blackout.

That is how shitty Sony is. Once agian. There is no "lose-lose" situation here. It's just terrible PR.
It'll be interesting to see if the other shareholders put as much trust in Hirai as Stringer does. I recall they didn't even like Stringer in the first place.

Curufinwe

Chû Totoro said:
Wow juniors are really good these days ;)

You don't appear to be very good at detecting obvious hyperbole made as a joking response to another obviously exaggerated claim that (gasp) was made by a non-junior.

linsivvi

onken said:

Huh? I am not comparing PSN to Virtual Console. Where did I do that?

I am comparing the attitude Sony carries toward the Asian market to Nintendo's, which are both shit.

Their government won't stop them if they turn on the server for markets outside Japan. They just don't want to bother because they don't care about the tiny Asian market. And I am talking about the non-communication here. The only reason we know about this is from outside source or the Japanese Playstation blog, that's how Sony treats its customer in Asia.

I would buy a different platform not because of the games, price or features, but because how Sony treats its customers over here, which is entirely valid.

Video game is an entertainment, I don't need it if I feel that a company is not giving me the basic support that any customer deserves. And I can see the support that MS gives to the customers here despite me not even owning the platform.

So give me a break with your condescending attitude.

onken

linsivvi said:

I am comparing the attitude Sony carries toward the Asian market to Nintendo's, which are both shit.

Their government won't stop them if they turn on the server for markets outside Japan. They just don't want to bother because they don't care about the tiny Asian market. And I am talking about the non-communication here. The only reason we know about this is from outside source or the Japanese Playstation blog, that's how Sony treats its customer in Asia.

I would buy a different platform not because of the games, price or features, but because how Sony treats its customers over here, which is entirely valid.

Video game is an entertainment, I don't need it if I feel that a company is not giving me the basic support that any customer deserves. And I can see the support that MS gives to the customers here despite me not even owning the platform.

Yeah you do that. Meanwhile I will continue to base my purchasing decisions on things that actually matter rather than what PR mouthpieces do or don't say.

Massa said:

I managed to accurately represent PSN security!

oczHK.jpg

TChirath

Neo Member
linsivvi said:

Can you blame them when we keep bending over despite how they treat us? Playstation brand is much stronger in asia. Most people still choose PS3 over 360 no matter what. Plus the percentage of people playing online are much lower than in the West.

However, while I understand their lack of investment for the region, I'm only asking for some courtesy and customer communication, which doesn't take much at all. As duckroll said, this is no lose-lose situation at all. There are a lot of ways they can make the situation more transparent without giving away sensitive information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom