• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN (Vita/PSP/PS4/PS3) Downloads Thread Z | January 2014 | The Legendary Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konosuke

Well, it's that time of the year. Now I am on my japanese account. Time to check out those demos and try it out Dragon's Dogma Quest.
Is the Ridge Racer demo still there?

Edit: Whoohoo, top of the page. I recommend P4G and Tearaway. The Vita is the perfect system for RPGs, I can only hope for more.

Shinriji

Is the Ridge Racer demo still there?

Edit: Whoohoo, top of the page. I recommend P4G and Tearaway. The Vita is the perfect system for RPGs, I can only hope for more.

The RR Visualizer? No. But I still have it on my download list. They took several demos as well. I don't see the Tales demos or DJMAX demo anymore.

Takao

Banned
Oh, yes, don't give Capcom the download, THAT'll make them reconsider their Vita output and strengthen it!

That game is put out by the abomination division of Capcom, which has made games like Monster Hunter Frontier, and this:

M3w1GqK.jpg

VqyNifH.jpg

0sXx1gn.jpg

Fe76Lym.jpg

3kqxZhP.jpg

They call it "Breath of Fire 6".

So I'm about to hit the buy button for the MSG Collection and MGS 1.

I'm wondering though if it was cross buy (Vita/PS3) ? (I'm guessing no btw.)

The HD Collection isn't cross buy. If you bought MGS1 on PSN before you don't need to buy it again to play on Vita. Do note, there is an audio glitch though.

Shinriji

Wow. The demo of UtaKumi 575 is a technical beast. 60fps native res, fast loading and a awesome anime opening. The motion capture and the cel shading are excellent as well, more natural than Idolmaster 2.

That game is put out by the abomination division of Capcom, which has made games like Monster Hunter Frontier, and this:

M3w1GqK.jpg

VqyNifH.jpg

0sXx1gn.jpg

Fe76Lym.jpg

3kqxZhP.jpg

They call it "Breath of Fire 6".

Eh? It kinda looks nice but no way that's what BoF is supposed to look like. It looks like an IOS game for the most part especially that map with a lot of buildings. Is that released on the Vita?

Takao

Banned
Eh? It kinda looks nice but no way that's what BoF is supposed to look like. It looks like an IOS game for the most part especially that map with a lot of buildings. Is that released on the Vita?

No, it is an iOS game. If DDQ is successful I imagine it'll lead to ports of Capcom Online's other games.

Sol1dus

Guys, if I added you from here, please don't add me to gigantic group chats on Vita. That shit clutters up my PS3 inbox. If you keep doing it I'll
delete
you.

Well okay I went an entirely other way than MGS. I don't want to play the games outside of order so I got Hotline Miami and Rayman Origins!

I'll get MGS when the problem with the original is fixed.

nampad

...a port that seemingly got put on hold so the devs could port it to iOS and Android first.

The Vita and mobile port were handled by different studios, both of which weren't the original developer.
Because of that, it seems unlikely that one version got put on hold for the other.

The Vita and mobile port were handled by different studios, both of which weren't the original developer.
Because of that, it seems unlikely that one version got put on hold for the other.

Fair enough.

It's still bullshit that Terraria was "targeted" for Summer and didn't show up until 2 weeks before year end, meanwhile an unannounced iOS/Android port is announced and completed and selling for 1/3 the price.
Hell, console Terraria in general has a 50% markup over Steam, and that's when there are no deals on it.

It's just poorly handled. I'm glad it's out. I'm glad people are having fun with it. But there's no way I'm going to support the fuckery that occurred in getting the game out on Vita at $15.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I bought Virtua Tennis in the January Sale. What a gorgeous game! I'm glad I bought it. I used to love Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast but the series fell off my radar after that. It's still a great game. I'll have a lot of fun with this.
Is the sale only in Europe or something? That's something I'd buy instantly for under $10.

MikeRox

Is the sale only in Europe or something? That's something I'd buy instantly for under $10.

You can get the physical version in the UK pretty much anywhere that has it for a couple of quid now (it's even only £5.00 on the GAME site) why not import a copy? I paid £28.00 for it soon after the Vita came out and don't regret it at all even at that price.

You can get the physical version in the UK pretty much anywhere that has it for a couple of quid now (it's even only £5.00 on the GAME site) why not import a copy? I paid £28.00 for it soon after the Vita came out and don't regret it at all even at that price.

Perhaps he wants it digitally? I probably would bite for $10 or under digital, but not physical.

Flandy

Well okay I went an entirely other way than MGS. I don't want to play the games outside of order so I got Hotline Miami and Rayman Origins!

I'll get MGS when the problem with the original is fixed.

What's wrong with the original? Also you should play them in order of release and not chronological imo

NomadFH

Neo Member
What's wrong with the original? Also you should play them in order of release and not chronological imo

You cannot play the original on Vita unless you buy it on ps3 and transfer it over. Also, I've heard just playing it on Vita has some issues.

Mononoke

Banned
Gah damn. Spelunky is just brutal for me. I keep dying over and over again. Every little thing does damage. I can't make it past 1-2 cave lol and every time I die I have to start back to 1-1. Even if I buy items (like spring boots), that all gets wiped.

So ruthless. I know I just suck at the game, but gah damn. Taking my licks and going to play DJ Max for now.

Gah damn. Spelunky is just brutal for me. I keep dying over and over again. Every little thing does damage. I can't make it past 1-2 cave lol and every time I die I have to start back to 1-1. Even if I buy items (like spring boots), that all gets wiped.

So ruthless. I know I just suck at the game, but gah damn. Taking my licks and going to play DJ Max for now.

Spelunky is like crack on vita. It is a perfect fit for the platform. It is meant to be relentlessly difficult like that, it's more like a score-attack arcade game than a traditional platformer.

Eventually you'll start learning the tricks and find what items work for you and how to deal with each enemy and trap and you'll get a little bit farther each time.

It's all about learning the mechanics. Once you have them down, you'll start moving through the mines like they're nothing and hit a wall in the jungle. Once you learn about how to handle the jungle enemies and traps, you'll (maybe) hit a wall at the ice caves. So on and so forth.

I put some generic tips for someone in the SteamGAF thread the other day... they'd probably be of help to you... but the best things for really early play are:

(1) keep moving, but take it slow. contradictory, i know, but what i mean is don't just put the pedal to the floor, but at the same time, keep moving foward. don't worry about score/items until you've got the basic mechanics mastered.
(2) learn how to handle the basic enemies. always look up for spiders and bats. always look for the arrow traps.
(3) carry something with you most of the time. you can use this to trigger the arrow traps or to throw at enemies you can't reach.
(4)learn how to throw bombs. down and bomb lays one at your feet. down and rope, at the edge of a ledge will drop a rope down instead of shooting it up. you can use this to trigger arrow traps if you don't have something to drop.
(5) grab the damsel, if you can, and get her to the exit. if you do, you'll get +1 life.

Mononoke

Banned
Spelunky is like crack on vita. It is a perfect fit for the platform. It is meant to be relentlessly difficult like that, it's more like a score-attack arcade game than a traditional platformer.

Eventually you'll start learning the tricks and find what items work for you and how to deal with each enemy and trap and you'll get a little bit farther each time.

Is there any check points? Or do the levels just randomly generate forever? I can only get to 1-2 currently, I always die. Do you get to like a 1-5 and then it goes to a new cave (like 2-1 and so on). And if you die, do they kick you back to 1-1 again?

Kind of bummed I keep getting kicked back to the first, and lose everything. Although I can accept if it's not supposed to be played like a regular platformer.

sono

Spelunky and Hotline Miami can get together and kill each other.

I like them both up the point where I die about the third screen in.

Too hard..

Is there any check points? Or do the levels just randomly generate forever? I can only get to 1-2 currently, I always die. Do you get to like a 1-5 and then it goes to a new cave (like 2-1 and so on). And if you die, do they kick you back to 1-1 again?

Kind of bummed I keep getting kicked back to the first, and lose everything. Although I can accept if it's not supposed to be played like a regular platformer.

There are finite levels. Each world has 4 sub levels, mostly. There are a few one-off secret levels too.

1-1 to 1-4 : mines
2-1 to 2-4 : jungle
3-1 to 3-4 : ice caves
4-1 to 4-4 : temple

With no secret levels, the game is 16 stages long and can be completed in well under 8 minutes (there's a trophy for it).

You can unlock shortcuts to later levels if you make it through the 4th level in each world, but they require you have certain items on you to give to the tunnel maker. These are useless 95% of the time.

Zephyx

Seems like after Conception 2 (early 2014, probably May-June), nothing of note is coming out for the Vita in NA this year. :( Hopefully, we are getting more localization news in the next few weeks.

Still planning to buy Danganronpa, FFX/X-2 HD and Conception 2 whenever they come out. Still on the fence with Toukiden. I'll probably bite if reviews or impressions are positive.

Mononoke

Banned
There are finite levels. Each world has 4 sub levels, mostly. There are a few one-off secret levels too.

1-1 to 1-4 : mines
2-1 to 2-4 : jungle
3-1 to 3-4 : ice caves
4-1 to 4-4 : temple

With no secret levels, the game is 16 stages long and can be completed in well under 8 minutes (there's a trophy for it).

You can unlock shortcuts to later levels if you make it through the 4th level in each world, but they require you have certain items on you to give to the tunnel maker. These are useless 95% of the time.

Ah okay. So if I make it to 2-1 (jungle) and die, do I go back to 1-1 mine?

saw baron von beans and heckimation got ps4's eh?

who else on vita gaf is on the ps4 train now?

let's get some warframe going

i havent tried warframe yet, but i have it downloaded so i'd give it a shot with you.

hows resogun multiplayer? my fiances parents who got me the ps4 also got me madden and cod ( two game series i've never owned in my life and barely played) so i've actually be getting into those games as they are pretty fresh and new to me.

aside from some HSG and KZM mp, I put vita on a little bit of a hiatus - now that ps4 is around and its a dry month in vitaland.

still have a huge vita backlog, and ps3 backlog ( just bought folklore, cathrine, and skyrim), but on dat new console high!!

i'd love to get in on some vitabro gaming though if anyone wants to!! havent even tried sanic racing OR soul sac yet! woof!

Skyzard

Banned
Ah okay. So if I make it to 2-1 (jungle) and die, do I go back to 1-1 mine?

Yep, unless you unlock shortcuts (you'll run into tunnel guy, between worlds).

It's a game about being good at the game, not just winning...bit of a change from most games as of late.

Mononoke

Banned
Yep, unless you unlock shortcuts (you'll run into tunnel guy, between worlds).

It's a game about being good at the game, not just winning...bit of a change from most games as of late.

I'm not against games being hard. I really loved Dark Souls. But I also personally need some motivation/ slight gratification. Like I really enjoyed learning from my mistakes in Dark Souls and eventually overcoming a monster or puzzle. Or Hotline Miami, where you keep dying a lot. But it's addicting how you start to hit all the patterns in the level.

I was just asking, because I do really like this game so far. But I'm trying to figure it out is all. What it's about etc. I'm probably just looking at this game wrong.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm not against games being hard. I really loved Dark Souls. But I also personally need some motivation/ slight gratification. Like I really enjoyed learning from my mistakes in Dark Souls and eventually overcoming a monster or puzzle. Or Hotline Miami, where you keep dying a lot. But it's addicting how you start to hit all the patterns in the level.

I was just asking, because I do really like this game so far. But I'm trying to figure it out is all. What it's about etc.

Yeah a lot of people need a bit of motivation to stick with the game I think, bit brutal and the charm isn't apparent right off. Definitely work sticking with this one, I know my comment earlier was a bit dickish (defensive after reading hate towards spelunky recently for getting goty from pc gamer).

A good tip (other than practicing when you feel like playing) is to watch videos of great players - (I know of Bananasaurus Rex after his eggplant run) and it shows you what your character can do with some skill after hours of playing.

Luckily stages don't actually take that long after you've gotten used to them. They're still fun but you aren't cautious about every single step and few meters like you can be when you start playing initially (after you end up dying quickly when trying to play normally). Just need to get used to it and think about how you are playing and the best way to progress/avoid that mistake in the future. You'll build up a decent skillbase in no time and make progress.

Daily challenges can help motivate you to play a bit too - everyone plays the same design.

Take it slower my friend. Everything will hurt you yes, but that just means one must be more attentive to their surroundings.

Also you can unlock short cuts when you reach a new area. They take multiple run throughs to unlock and require items like bombs ropes etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom