• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN (Vita/PSP/PS4/PS3) Downloads Thread Z | January 2014 | The Legendary Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

I think we are talking about two different offers. I'm talking about the offer below, it says you should get the $10 back by Jan 6th and I haven't gotten an email yet.

http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/paypal

Ahhh I see. Looking at the two promotional credits I've received from PSN in the past, they both came to me at about 19:00 my time on the day they said I would get it by. So about 5 hours from this post, hopefully it's the same!

Phii

Banned
Omg, Killzone's multiplayer is so gooooood.

I was just about to finish one other round in Warzone but during the last two minutes I was disconnected, this happens often for me :(

Im five metrés away from my access point and I have NAT type-2. Why doesnt it saves my progress? [cry]

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yep, it still pisses me off to no end when people kill my opponent just when I'm about to get an interrogation in Killzone Mercenary. If mic's were on as standard in the game I'd be raging so hard at my teammates.

Maedhros

Oh come on. :) It was ten dollars new and it's been a fun little shooter romp. It's not game of the year by any means, but I'm not finding it to be nearly as awful as it's been made out to be.

Untold GAF Rule: NOTHING is ever as awful or as godly as GAF will try to make it to be.

FFX/-2 aside, the psv units sold is a nice uptick (75k). vita actually is gaining momentum in japan, and though we are unaware what the numbers are elsewhere I'm going to just assume everywhere is improving on units sold as well, just not as big of a margin as in japan.

edit:
Untold GAF Rule: NOTHING is ever as awful or as godly as GAF will try to make it to be.

i think terarria is a perfect example of this. people are wigging out over the toned down brightness and splashscreen. it's not that big of a deal people. the game is 100% fine. these pedantic issues are not a legitimate problem. it's just how gaf operates.

But but :(

Oh wait, maybe you're referring to Totobeni's opinion on DC and found the game awesome, right?

I'm always sad when DC doesn't click for people

Nah, I wish I could say I found it awesome, but something about it didn't work for me. I adored the art and setting, and everything about it seemed very intelligent and thought-out, but the combat seemed really basic and I never really got the chance to play with friends. As such, I played it for about ten hours and shelved it. I only played Warrior and Wizard, however; maybe that's why.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Nah, I wish I could say I found it awesome, but something about it didn't work for me. I adored the art and setting, and everything about it seemed very intelligent and thought-out, but the combat seemed really basic and I never really got the chance to play with friends. As such, I played it for about ten hours and shelved it. I only played Warrior and Wizard, however; maybe that's why.
That's probably why. Wizard is a very acquired taste and fighter is best in groups.

Shengar

Does it work only through PayPal? Because I am gonna add $50 to my account later today, but through a PSN card.

I think it is paypal deal, so it not gonna work with PSN card. Similar deal but with PSN card was made back in November I think.

Also, do you receive my friend request? I sent it 1 week ago.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Hm, ok. What would be a good class to try? I'm definitely interested in the game, but I just couldn't get into it.
Amazon or Dwarf. Both are fun melee powerhouses. Amazon gets a little deeper as the game goes on (traits for parries and invincibility, aerial spins), but Dwarf's main attractor is the throw, which you can test to see if you like in the opening tutorial.

SmokyDave

Picked up a Vita for the missus so now we can play Terraria co-op. I'm going to pick her up a copy of Dragon's Crown as well, I reckon.

Hammered my Vita over the xmas break. I'm starting to dig this little game I've found called Persona 4 Golden. It's pretty niche, you wouldn't have heard of it. 20 or so hours in and I'm thinking 'huh, I'm probably going to see this through to the end'. Never had that with a JRPG before.

maouvin

Hm, ok. What would be a good class to try? I'm definitely interested in the game, but I just couldn't get into it.

Amazon or Dwarf. Both are fun melee powerhouses. Amazon gets a little deeper as the game goes on (traits for parries and invincibility, aerial spins), but Dwarf's main attractor is the throw, which you can test to see if you like in the opening tutorial.

Either way, try to beat at least the first 9 dungeons with any char you use. By then you'll already have some skills that make them (a little) more distinct from one another.

Hasney

Picked up a Vita for the missus so now we can play Terraria co-op. I'm going to pick her up a copy of Dragon's Crown as well, I reckon.

Hammered my Vita over the xmas break. I'm starting to dig this little game I've found called Persona 4 Golden. It's pretty niche, you wouldn't have heard of it. 20 or so hours in and I'm thinking 'huh, I'm probably going to see this through to the end'. Never had that with a JRPG before.

I've finished JRPGs before, but Persona 4 was the first to grab me by the balls and go "We're finishing this as soon as humanly possible because you must know how it ends".

It then made me go hunt out Persona 4 Arena because I demanded more story and now I can't wait for the Ultimax Ultra Suplex Uber Umberellas

Any recommendations, then? I'm looking for a Vita game for when I beat Resistance later today.

not sure what you're looking for, have played, or if your looking for retail or digital, but games under 15$ (on amazon or SEN) to check out:

gravity rush
unit 13
lumines
hot shots golf: WI
Little big planet
sly 4
velocity ultra
sonic racing
mortal kombat
plethora of psp/ps1 games
bit trip runner 2
castlestorm
flower
lone survivor
pixeljunk monsters
guacamelee
oddworld strangers wrath
MGS 3 HD
super stardust delta

i'm sure theres tons more others could suggest, but you should be able to find something that interests you in that list. It's a shame is a crumby ps+ month, and sales as of late haven't been great at all.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Either way, try to beat at least the first 9 dungeons with any char you use. By then you'll already have some skills that make them (a little) more distinct from one another.
As of patch 1.05, the game actually lets you level new characters to 15 (jump to the talisman portion of the storyline) and skip every quest you've already done. So to conserve time, I think it's best to beat it with one, and then try out the rest with a couple trait points already unlocked at level 15 (+quest traits).

Dr. Buni

I think it is paypal deal, so it not gonna work with PSN card. Similar deal but with PSN card was made back in November I think.

Also, do you receive my friend request? I sent it 1 week ago.
I see. That is too bad then.

Yes, I received and accepted your friend request. You play Soul Sacrifice quite a lot, if the updates are anything to go by.

(The Minotaur is kicking my ass btw)

I am currently playing Chrono Cross. Looks great on the Vita's display.

Also I can't believe how much better it is to not have random battles.

Redhood

Shengar

I see. That is too bad then.

Yes, I received and accepted your friend request. You play Soul Sacrifice quite a lot, if the updates are anything to go by.

(The Minotaur is kicking my ass btw)

You still in my Friend Request, waiting for approval. It seem this is an error on my PSN, I'll try to resend a new request then. If you want to plat Soul Sacrifice, you'll probably gonna need help for a certain pact.
Also Minotaur is an easier archfiend, blockable charge attack, two easy cursed part, and a lot of attack that easily dodgeable :p
Wraith or Wyvern, now that's what I called hard.

not sure what you're looking for, have played, or if your looking for retail or digital, but games under 15$ (on amazon or SEN) to check out:

gravity rush
unit 13
lumines
Little big planet
sly 4
velocity ultra
sonic racing
mortal kombat
bit trip runner 2
castlestorm
flower
lone survivor
pixeljunk monsters
guacamelee
oddworld strangers wrath
MGS 3 HD
super stardust delta

i'm sure theres tons more others could suggest, but you should be able to find something that interests you in that list. It's a shame is a crumby ps+ month, and sales as of late haven't been great at all.

I've actually already bought most of the things on that list (the curse of owning a Vita!), but castlestorm and Hot Shots have my interest. Is one of those especially better than the other?

Dr. Buni

Tips if u would like!
Attack her staff with lightning arrows. When she drops her shaft go attack it with your strongest attack till it breaks. Only then you should start attacking her otherwise she would heal it all with her staff.
I am doing that, but she rapidly runs after her staff when I am trying to break it, hurting me A LOT in the process. Then she starts healing herself and her staff again. I think I am still too weak to beat her, maybe? Levels 15 Life and 30 Magic.
You still in my Friend Request, waiting for approval. It seem this is an error on my PSN, I'll try to resend a new request then. If you want to plat Soul Sacrifice, you'll probably gonna need help for a certain pact.
Also Minotaur is an easier archfiend, blockable charge attack, two easy cursed part, and a lot of attack that easily dodgeable :p
Wraith or Wyvern, now that's what I called hard.
Weird, I will send you a friend request, just in case. And yes, I do plan to plat it and I definitely want your help in the later gemini pacts.

Btw, I fused two Healing Seed (S) ☆☆☆ into one Healing Seed (M), but I can't find the result? It isn't appearing in my offering lists :s Is this a glitch?

Tapejara

I was just about to finish one other round in Warzone but during the last two minutes I was disconnected, this happens often for me :(

Im five metrés away from my access point and I have NAT type-2. Why doesnt it saves my progress? [cry]

Ya, I've had the disconnects as well. Thankfully they haven't been too frequent.

Yep, it still pisses me off to no end when people kill my opponent just when I'm about to get an interrogation in Killzone Mercenary. If mic's were on as standard in the game I'd be raging so hard at my teammates.

I hate when people do this. It's even worse when it happens during interrogation missions. Like, we need it to score points, why are you preventing me from doing that?

Redhood

I am doing that, but she rapidly runs after her staff when I am trying to break it, hurting me A LOT in the process. Then she starts healing herself and her staff again. I think I am still too weak to beat her, maybe? Levels 15 Life and 30 Magic.
Weird, I will send you a friend request, just in case. And yes, I do plan to plat it and I definitely want your help in the later gemini pacts.

Btw, I fused two Healing Seed (S) ☆☆☆ into one Healing Seed (M), but I can't find the result? It isn't appearing in my offering lists :s Is this a glitch?

Hmm probably use some sigils to boost throw attack and overall attack. But also use some defence sigils. There are three attacks of her that do major damage.
1. When she charges towards you. Use bombs and roll away.
2. When she jumps and hits you with the staff. Wait till the last moment to roll otherwise you will surely get hit.
3. When she jumps backward with her bum. Simply roll away.

Keep at it and you will break the staff and then the real fight starts as she will get extremely aggressive. Your level is a bit low. Just remember she can only heal the damage that u do on her. The staff retains the damage that u do. If she picks it up again again attack it. In 3 or 4th time u will definitely break it.

I can also play some online just need to finish all the Avalon pacts as I have not patched my game. As they changed the trophy requirement. Imagine my rage. doing everything again as I want to avoid all the really hard gemini pacts that they made compulsory for trophy.

Shengar

Make sure you doesn't get in her way when attacking her Axe. Like, postitioning yourself on the side of it, not in front. Also Minotaur is a really tanky boss. I remember dealing her for the first at around Level 60-70 or so focused on magic, with Exterminator Sigil II and volt attack increasing sigil but still really took very long time to defeat her. I think you should try it again at magic level 50 or when you have stronger volt offering.

I never experienced glitch like that before, so I don't really know. But Healing Seed (M) offering picture somehow doesn't look very different from the (S), maybe you slipped it.

Dr. Buni

Hmm probably use some sigils to boost throw attack and overall attack. But also use some defence sigils. There are three attacks of her that do major damage.
1. When she charges towards you. Use bombs and roll away.
2. When she jumps and hits you with the staff. Wait till the last moment to roll otherwise you will surely get hit.
3. When she jumps backward with her bum. Simply roll away.

Keep at it and you will break the staff and then the real fight starts as she will get extremely aggressive. Your level is a bit low. Just remember she can only heal the damage that u do on her. The staff retains the damage that u do. If she picks it up again again attack it. In 3 or 4th time u will definitely break it.

I can also play some online just need to finish all the Avalon pacts as I have not patched my game. As they changed the trophy requirement. Imagine my rage. doing everything again as I want to avoid all the really hard gemini pacts that they made compulsory for trophy.
Make sure you doesn't get in her way when attacking her Axe. Like, postitioning yourself on the side of it, not in front. Also Minotaur is a really tanky boss. I remember dealing her for the first at around Level 60-70 or so focused on magic, with Exterminator Sigil II and volt attack increasing sigil but still really took very long time to defeat her. I think you should try it again at magic level 50 or when you have stronger volt offering.

I never experienced glitch like that before, so I don't really know. But Healing Seed (M) offering picture somehow doesn't look very different from the (S), maybe you slipped it.
Thanks for the tips. Gonna try them after I level up a bit more :) Gonna beat some Cerberus, absolutely love battling that boss.

About the Healing Seed, the picture is essentially the same, but the (M) version has a golden circle around it and I can't find an item that matches this description in my offerings list. Oh well, it is not like it is a rare offering or anything.

By the way Shengar, I just checked your friend list on my Vita and my name (Braixzen) is there. (Add me if you want to, @barrymatharoo).

nampad

Finally finished Kisuke's campaign in Muramasa yesterday. Unfortunately, I haven't seen his second ending yet because some idiot posted the wrong solution in the internet and my second boss kill wasn't done in the right way and now I don't have enough recovery items anymore :/
Still, I guess it is save to say that I enjoyed Monohime's story much more (also haven't seen her second ending). I not only like her character design more but her campaign also does have more interesting characters and a better plot.

Overall, the game is great, especially the music and the art. Even though there are so many swords with different special attacks, I can understand why some people think the gameplay is limited. With only one attack button there aren't really any combos to perform. The enemy variety is also small.
Still, I had a lot of fun with it because the gameplay was well designed.

I also nearly sold a Vita when a friend saw me playing this game. He seemed to really like it.

Shengar

Thanks for the tips. Gonna try them after I level up a bit more :) Gonna beat some Cerberus, absolutely love battling that boss.

About the Healing Seed, the picture is essentially the same, but the (M) version has a golden circle around it and I can't find an item that matches this description in my offerings list. Oh well, it is not like it is a rare offering or anything.

By the way Shengar, I just checked your friend list on my Vita and my name (Braixzen) is there. (Add me if you want to, @barrymatharoo).

Wait, yours is Braixzen? I thought it was nameless_regret like in your gaf profile said >__>
Oh well, I guess that's that then. Are you fighting the Minotaur for Sympatha quest line? Her quest is the hardest among other, even I do them after post-game.

Yanksfan

gravity rush
unit 13
lumines
Little big planet
sly 4
velocity ultra
sonic racing
mortal kombat
bit trip runner 2
castlestorm
flower
lone survivor
pixeljunk monsters
guacamelee
oddworld strangers wrath
MGS 3 HD
super stardust delta

Awesome list, good job. I am surprised to see LBP is $15 or under, I might have to pick it back up at that price.

Dr. Buni

Wait, yours is Braixzen? I thought it was nameless_regret like in your gaf profile said >__>
Oh well, I guess that's that then. Are you fighting the Minotaur for Sympatha quest line? Her quest is the hardest among other, even I do them after post-game.
Oh sorry, that was my previous account. It was messed up so I created another one a few months ago lol

Again, sorry.

Yes, I am fighting Minotaur for Sympatha's quest. I wanted to have her as my partner in the Avalon pacts as soon as possible.

cametall

Question about getting P4G's epilogue:

Do you have to beat Marie's dungeon? Do you/can you do it before going after the real killer? Or will there be time after Christmas?

I'm paranoid about missing something since the first time I dun goof'd at *that important moment* and got the lousy ending.

The guides I read online confuse me some about if there's an order to it all.

Question about getting P4G's epilogue:

Do you have to beat Marie's dungeon? Do you/can you do it before going after the real killer? Or will there be time after Christmas?

I'm paranoid about missing something since the first time I dun goof'd at *that important moment* and got the lousy ending.

The guides I read online confuse me some about if there's an order to it all.

It's a February dungeon. You MUST max out her SLink before you get a dream of her saying goodbye (forgot when... mid Jan? Not sure). No need for romance.

Also on the subject of impressions, anyone have any for Amazing Spiderman Vita? I heard the console version was one of the better Spiderman games of this gen, so I was wondering how the port turned out.

I'm personally a big fan of it, but that's mainly because I loved the PS3 version and I'll play anything that has a superhero in it. From a more objective point of view, I'd still say it's okay...hideously ugly, since they wanted to keep it open world, but still pretty functional. A little slow in some places, but on the whole, it could've been substantially worse.

Daigoro

anyone else having issues signing into PSN?

when i do a conection test on my Vita, it says everything is fine, but i cant connect to any service or game on Vita.

my internet connection is obviously working fine atm. i tried shutting down the vita and restarting, still says all is fine when i run an internet connection test from the menu and says PSN log in is good, just cant connect to any app or game.

ZeroAKA

Oh sorry, that was my previous account. It was messed up so I created another one a few months ago lol

Again, sorry.

Yes, I am fighting Minotaur for Sympatha's quest. I wanted to have her as my partner in the Avalon pacts as soon as possible.
I recommend going solo in single player. The AI partners are only good for sacrifice spells. If you want to see how useless they are, die on purpose during a quest and asked to be sacrificed to enter ghost mode.

I'm not exactly sure I got the $10 from the PayPal offer. I added the funds as they requested but I figured it would take a while. I will say I recently had $10 added to my pan wallet but i thought was from music unlimited.

For some ridiculous reason, if you used your month trial of music unlimited that came with the ps4, the subscription is auto-renewed. I had to call them to get it refunded. They acted like they were doing me a favor, but just this once.

Its bullshit.

But yea, I don't know where my $10 came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom