• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSO2.. (Phantasy Star Online 2) is real!

Blueblur1

DECK'ARD said:
One of the 'Coming soon' new game announcements is scheduled for Sunday after the PSP2 event.

That was my betting for the PSO2 blowout, if it's next year there will be a trailer.
I hope so. Today is a glorious day, regardless. I hope to God they don't fuck this up.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
DECK'ARD said:
One of the 'Coming soon' new game announcements is scheduled for Sunday after the PSP2 event.

That was my betting for the PSO2 blowout, if it's next year there will be a trailer.
Are you sure that's not the VC3 voice cast reveal? The text for the game title seems to match.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Blueblur1 said:
I hope to God they don't fuck this up.

Ya better be prepared ta buy the JP release of the game if ya don't want a fucked up version of this game. With Segac West cutting features from PS:p & PS:p2 and Segac East still as slow and heavy handed as possible in regards to bringing stuff to our side... just forget about buying the western release -_-

Lindsay said:
btw if this is a sequel storyline wise that means it takes place after that shitty card game... let's hope that game has NO influence on this one :lol
Say what you will about Zero, but episode 3 was an awesome game in multiplayer. Plus storywise it was still better than any of the PSU series (not that that's saying much). If PSO2 follows it's story pretty much the only thing of consequence that happened in the end is that pioneer 2 finally landed.
I'm more worried about connecting it to PSU. What ever happened to PSU being an alternate continuity parallel to the original PS/PSO/PSZ universe?

Blueblur1

Lindsay said:
Ya better be prepared ta buy the JP release of the game if ya don't want a fucked up version of this game. With Segac West cutting features from PS:p & PS:p2 and Segac East still as slow and heavy handed as possible in regards to bringing stuff to our side... just forget about buying the western release -_-
C'mon Lindsay, have faith.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Killthee said:
Are you sure that's not the VC3 voice cast reveal? The text for the game title seems to match.

Damn, yeah just checked the times on the initial schedule.

Fingers-crossed for tomorrow then, they can't cocktease us like this!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Hitlersaurus Christ said:
What ever happened to PSU being an alternate continuity parallel to the original PS/PSO/PSZ universe?

Sakai happened :D

Blueblur1 said:
C'mon Lindsay, have faith.

I'm not having faith until Ruby speaks up regarding PS:p2 downloadable missions & dlc.

Boney said:
What's a Segac?

The Kubara version of Sega. Here's the definition -

Segac: A once great videogame company that has fallen on hard times. Allegedly.

kiryogi

Banned
Meh. I seriously hope this is only pso2 in name but retains all the awesome advancement and improvements that the psu series brought to psonline games. If this is a step back... and yes us players. You're better off importing. Us support is horrible

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
The other PSO thing it better bring back is worldwide servers.

Get back to the whole international community thing that it was meant to be about. The early days of PSO running around with Japanese players wondering where the hell they had got their weapons and trying to befriend them with the auto-translate were amazing :D

Boney said:
What's a Segac?
In PSU, there are different weapons manufacturers, one of which is Kubara which makes, for the most part, knock offs of the other companies' weapons. These weapons' names tend to end in "ac" "oc" or something "c" if the real weapon is a Rattlesnake, the Kubara version is Rattlesnac. Halarod = real; Halarodoc = inferior Kubara fake.

So Segac = the contemporary Sega as shell of its former self.

Wow, I can't believe I just typed all that :p

*edit*

So beaten by Lindsay :lol

Blueblur1

DECK'ARD said:
The other PSO thing it better bring back is worldwide servers.

Get back to the whole international community thing that it was meant to be about. The early days of PSO running around with Japanese players wondering where the hell they had got their weapons and trying to befriend them with the auto-translate were amazing :D
I did this once. I had a Japanese buddy who would play me with on occasion solely due to the Word Select system. It was fuckin' awesome. After I lost one of my best weapons, I ran from Ship to Ship with him looking for someone who knew both English and Japanese so they could translate for me (Word Select was no good for that).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Mercury Fred said:
In PSU, there are different weapons manufacturers, one of which is Kubara which makes, for the most part, knock offs of the other companies' weapons. These weapons' names tend to end in "ac" "oc" or something "c" if the real weapon is a Rattlesnake, the Kubara version is Rattlesnac. Halarod = real Halarodoc = inferior Kubara fake.

So Segac = the contemporary Sega as shell of its former self.

Wow, I can't believe I just typed all that :p

*edit*

So beaten by Lindsay :lol
:lol

Thanks for posting that.

kiryogi

Banned
Also folks need to get it right. Alfa system only does the grunt work for psp. Everything else is all sakai and :shock: internal sega members! Sakai is the one that turned around miyoshis wreck with psu and made psu into something playable

Alex

kiryogi said:
Also folks need to get it right. Alfa system only does the grunt work for psp. Everything else is all sakai and :shock: internal sega members! Sakai is the one that turned around miyoshis wreck with psu and made psu into something playable

Whoever does what, PSP2 is the highlight of this franchise by far. It's a steep turn around from the hell PSU was.

Who made PS Zero? That was also pretty much complete shit.

ChazAshley

Gold Member
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes YES YES YES YES YES YES.

Man just hearing that music.... makes me want to play on scthack's server again

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
WoW: Cataclysm
Guild Wars 2
Diablo III
Star Wars: The Old Republic
PSO 2
Borderlands 2
That borderlands/wowish/tribes 3rdfps ex-blizz game in development.
(I'm sure I'm missing somehing else here)

Can someone seriously throw cumbuckets on me already? Too much fucking greatness so little time, what the fuck do I do? (I'm playing all of them..)

But man.. PSO is dear to my heart.

I AM JOHN! said:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU GUYS THIS IS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DILLON_predator.gif

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Thunder Monkey said:
It's still Sega so I feel it's necessary to be a skeptic, but I'd love it if they prove me wrong.
I cried when I saw the trailer, I CRIED!

goldenpp72

So.. Phantasy star started off as a console RPG and then turned into the worlds first console MMO with good success, and after blue burst bombs, they go and make it a pc game for the big sequel to the console MMO?

I sure hope this is just some early news jitters, not having a ps3/360 release of this would be idiotic for them, not because pc is a bad platform, but because that userbase doesn't give 2 fucks about this series.

Elixist

SleepyJohn11 said:
Oh, wow. PSO's coming back?

I've been wondering, where is that gif from?

Thats Ric Flair fake wrestling superstar. Go check out some of his out of the ring antics on youtube or something, he is one crazy bastard. Wooo! Apologies if you already knew who it was and just wanted to know where it takes place as I have no clue.

Seems likely that Sega is taking the franchise in two different directions.

Portable, Infinite, and whatever comes after that for the PSP/whatever.
And PSO2 which..well...who says it has to play like PSO1? Hell it probably won't play like PSU or the Portable games either. It could very well be an attempt to break into the real MMORPG market.

...Oh God Sega's going to kill another franchise. =(

kiryogi

Banned
Alex said:
Whoever does what, PSP2 is the highlight of this franchise by far. It's a steep turn around from the hell PSU was.

Who made PS Zero? That was also pretty much complete shit.
Sakai did. Sakai is the face of psonline. Pszero is an example of why we shouldn't go back to pso. Then again it could be the platform. THAT said. The neat fact however to redeem the psz team. After they finished psz. They joined in psp2 development midway. Although. Maybe its their fault we have disks again for photon arts :lol but yeah. Sakai knows best and psp2 shows it.

Tim-E

Mastperf said:
If it's actually PC only then you need not wait any longer to see how they do it.

Actually it would probably be a genuinely better game if it was designed specifically for PC.

Top Bottom