• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Custom Firmware Thread

xxczx

Macstorm said:
So Pro 6.20 is permanent on the PSPgo? Any compatibility issues with it? POPStation?
Yeah - No I don't think so, you'll be loosing access to PSN but if you don't mind using MediaGo on your PC then no problems - popstation is the same for each PRO firmware, I think (haven't used it)

Macstorm

prowler_ said:
Yeah - No I don't think so, you'll be loosing access to PSN but if you don't mind using MediaGo on your PC then no problems - popstation is the same for each PRO firmware, I think (haven't used it)
Nice. I don't mind the lack of PSN on the system itself.

I loaded 6.60-B9 on my $99 PSP Go today, and I'm really pleased with how easy it was... I had Kingdom Hearts BBS UMD ripped and running on my Go in less than 20 minutes... When I want official firmware, I just turn it off... rebooting to 660Pro takes less than ten seconds from clicking X on the icon to being up and running with the CFW... Absolutely the best of both worlds!

Macstorm

Blue Submarine No. 6 said:
I loaded 6.60-B9 on my $99 PSP Go today, and I'm really pleased with how easy it was... I had Kingdom Hearts BBS UMD ripped and running on my Go in less than 20 minutes... When I want official firmware, I just turn it off... rebooting to 660Pro takes less than ten seconds from clicking X on the icon to being up and running with the CFW... Absolutely the best of both worlds!
I think I'm more interested in the $99 PSPgo part of that post...where? Recently?

Macstorm

Kazerei said:
Nice, I noticed they were not listing them online for US anymore, but called and places around here have them for $99 too.

Is there anything I need to know about getting it running on the PSPgo? I've had a PSP-1000 modded for quite sometime, so I can get my UMDs off easily enough.

xxczx

Macstorm said:
Is there anything I need to know about getting it running on the PSPgo? I've had a PSP-1000 modded for quite sometime, so I can get my UMDs off easily enough.
Nope, rip from your PSP and copy straight to your Go

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I have a PSP-1000 that I'm using to rip and play my UMDs.
I just got a new Go to play.

I just want to install the newest firmware, and sign the games on my computer/psp1000 and play them on OFW on the Go.
That should be all I need right?

Macstorm said:
I think I'm more interested in the $99 PSPgo part of that post...where? Recently?
They're also $99 at those Electronic vending machines at Macy's.
Lots of people have had luck this weekend. I'm sure you can still find some.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305210

I actually picked one up this weekend from one of those.

Macstorm said:
I guess I should have said, any tricks to getting the CFW installed on the Go? Just upgrade and convert?

I just followed the guides posted by Chaos, here:

Chaos said:

Fast and easy... Only thing that I got hung up on (for about three minutes) is that the ISO files ripped from UMD must be placed in a folder named ISO at the root of the PSP Go memory (I was trying to locate it in the PSP\Games directory). Easy-peasy.

Here's a pic of my CFW go running Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep with the boxes for the first four UMDs I ripped and put on it:

1499x52.jpg

Macstorm

I have well over 100 UMDs, so it will be nice to use my new 16GB PSPgo to load more than a few on. I only had an 8GB card before. This is nice.

Thanks everyone for the info.

Hi everyone,

Because my father, er, lost my dear PSP 1004 bought just after release, I'm looking for another PSP to finish the games I have (thankfully I've backed up all my data). But I'm quite lost on the current state of custom firmware, how to install them and which models (and FW) are compatible (at that time I used the GTA LCS exploit to install 1.50 on my psp :lol).
1°) Which model should I buy in order to install CFW ? Does it work with PSP Go ?
2°) Which FW is ok to install CFW ?
3°) Does Birth By Sleep work with PSP Go now ?

Thank you.

xxczx

1. You can buy any model if you don't care for permanent firmware (semi-permanent is gone when you reset/turn off your PSP, it only takes a few seconds to boot back up into CFW)
2. 6.60 is the latest and CFWable for any PSP (can be permanent with a 1000 or hackable 2000 model) but I recommend 6.20 for PSP Go (can use permanent). You can downgrade a PSP Go to 6.20 btw so you don't need to worry about firmware.
3. If you have it and another PSP to back it up, yeah.

So really, just buy any model you want since they all can use CFW.

TheContact

I've been out of the homebrew scene for a few years now. I have a PSP-2000 4.01 M33 custom firmware. I use the PSP exclusively to play PSX games. What version, if any, would you guys recommend I upgrade to in order to get the best experience playing PSX games. I don't have any issues right now, but I'm not sure if newer versions have better compatibility or new features or something.

shuyin_

Banned
So, i decided to use CFW on my PSP 3001. I have OFW 6.37 , can i install CFW? Can anyone help me with some guides or advice?

Thanks in advance!

shuyin_ said:
So, i decided to use CFW on my PSP 3001. I have OFW 6.37 , can i install CFW? Can anyone help me with some guides or advice?

Thanks in advance!
Patch to the newest OFW (6.60) and you are good to go. I use procfw myself, super easy to use. http://code.google.com/p/procfw/ has downloads and guides.

Edit: oh god i was under the impression that was the last post xD. Oh well I hope CFW works without problems with E1000 when it releases next month.

shuyin_

Banned
Thanks both of you. I looked over what deim0s linked but i was completely lost :))

One more question: i can see there's also a Half Byte Loader. Is that CFW too and which should i go for?

Gvaz

Banned
Okay I'm out of the loop. I've got a psp-1000 with 5.50 prometheus whatever version. What is the simplest way to get the latest CFW on this bitch?

I'm in the same boat as Gvaz. I've also got a PSP-1000 and would like to get the latest CFW on it that allows me to access PSN if I want to buy something on there. It's been a very long time since I've kept up with this.

Ok let me make sure I got this straight.

I have a Go with OFW 6.20, I used to do that thing with the load CFW and then when you turn it off you have to reset it again.

Will I be able to permanently flash it with CFW and still get on PSN for say Corpse Party if i do that google code dohicky?

dock

I have my PSP Go on 6.20 TN-E. If I want to update to Pro 6.60 do I need to update to the official 6.60 first? will I lose any of my save games?

edit: oh, I see people are recommending 6.20 with the PSP Go. Why is this?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Because 6.20 can be perma-patched on the Go. The later ones cannot. :)
I'm running 6.20 Pro-B10 Fix 1 on my Go, and 6.60 Pro-B10 Fix 1 on my PSP 2000.
The 2000 is the one that connects to PSN and/or my PS3 for purchases, DLC, etc.

Crystalkoen

So, I'm reading on this ProCFW, and lemme see if I have this right, coming from 5.50 GenD/Prometheus on a PSP-1001:

Install the AfterMarket modules.
Update to 6.60 OFW.
Run CIPLFlasher.

From this point forward, I'd be on 6.60 ProCFW? Am I missing any important steps, or completely off base?

While I have a functional Pandora + MMS to backflash if I brick it (or get it back on OFW and mess up the CFW install), I would rather not have to resort to that, as it'd mean I messed up somewhere along the line.

I apologize if I'm asking the exact same questions as others in the thread (only read the last 2 pages), but I'm finding it difficult to sift through the responses for exactly what I need, and I haven't kept up with the PSP CFW scene in... well, a long time. And Meji hasn't updated the OP in 2 years ; ;

gokieks

Crystalkoen said:
So, I'm reading on this ProCFW, and lemme see if I have this right, coming from 5.50 GenD/Prometheus on a PSP-1001:

Install the AfterMarket modules.
Update to 6.60 OFW.
Run CIPLFlasher.

From this point forward, I'd be on 6.60 ProCFW? Am I missing any important steps, or completely off base?

While I have a functional Pandora + MMS to backflash if I brick it (or get it back on OFW and mess up the CFW install), I would rather not have to resort to that, as it'd mean I messed up somewhere along the line.

I apologize if I'm asking the exact same questions as others in the thread (only read the last 2 pages), but I'm finding it difficult to sift through the responses for exactly what I need, and I haven't kept up with the PSP CFW scene in... well, a long time. And Meji hasn't updated the OP in 2 years ; ;

No, you install 6.60 OFW first, then run the PROUPDATE, then CIPLFlasher.

Crystalkoen

Ah, got it.
So this'll give me everything I have now (ISO, POPS and Homebrew support), as well as a properly-updated store app and no longer needing psnfucker to get to the store/online?

alf717

Crystalkoen said:
Ah, got it.
So this'll give me everything I have now (ISO, POPS and Homebrew support), as well as a properly-updated store app and no longer needing psnfucker to get to the store/online?

Remember that Gen/Prom firmware might give you the "can't update you are on 9.90 firmware error" fix this by pressing select on your XMB and and change the usb device to flash0. Plug in your PSP to a PC and locate to vsh>etc folder. Modify the version.txt file to something like 5.50 instead of 9.90. I'm on 6.60 on my PSP-1001 right now but I've yet to get to the pro firmware yet.

Edit:

The rest is really easy:

Go to http://code.google.com/p/procfw/downloads/list and download 6.60 PRO-B10.fix1

extract the files on your PSP

Run Pro Updater press X when it tells you and it will go back to the XMB w

Then run CIPL Flasher

My ISO files work fine but I havn't tried any PS1 games though.

Gibbles17

Crystalkoen said:
Ah, got it.
Hiya, in the exact same boat as you I believe, worked off the links to gbatemp to get 6.60Pro etc. I followed the instructions above, have Fast Recovery and the Update files on the mem card. I'm wondering if when you did all this if you had an ISO folder appear on your card? Mine looks to be unchanged, must've screwed up somewhere ><

Crystalkoen

Gibbles17 said:
Hiya, in the exact same boat as you I believe, worked off the links to gbatemp to get 6.60Pro etc. I followed the instructions above, have Fast Recovery and the Update files on the mem card. I'm wondering if when you did all this if you had an ISO folder appear on your card? Mine looks to be unchanged, must've screwed up somewhere ><

I've not done anything yet, wanted to make sure I have all the kinks ironed out before I go playing with it, so I'm 100% certain I've done everything correctly. It'll probably be tomorrow evening before I actually get the chance to do the flashing, due to work both days + class tonight and a Chem exam tomorrow.

I've been out of the loop for a while now, but I have my brother's PSP 3000 which has OFW 5.03 and another one with OFW 6.60.

I used to use HEN to put 5.03 GEN-C on my brothers', is there any way to put something other than lcfw on these two? If not, what are my choices now? It looks like 6.60 doesn't have anything for it at the moment.

Going on a trip, so I bought a Go. Sooo much better than that old brick. Thanks for the links, I easily got it on custom firmware. It's been a few years since I even touched my old PSP 1000, and I switched to Mac in the interim. Is there a way I can rip ISO's from my PSX disks on Mac and Lion?

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone have a problem with the PSP Go's pause game feature? Whenever I try to delete the "Resume Game" save state it always comes back when I restart the system.

DonMigs85

Anyone have a problem with the PSP Go's pause game feature? Whenever I try to delete the "Resume Game" save state it always comes back when I restart the system.

That's because "Prevent hibernation deletion" is enabled.
It's actually nifty since it can act as a sort of savestate.

mooooose

How much is a Go these days? How much could I get for a barely used PSP 1000 with like 5 games and 16GB Memory Stick?

I'd rather have a Go than a 1000. I never play my 1000 because its so big. Too cumbersome to even bother with.

I have 6.39 PRO-B on my Go and was wondering how I update it to the newest firmware. I have it in the OFW 6.39 right now and haven't done loaded Fast Recovery to get it into ProB. Do I just grab the official firmware from Sony's site to update to 6.60 and then just get the newest ProB files?

Aru

I have 6.39 PRO-B on my Go and was wondering how I update it to the newest firmware. I have it in the OFW 6.39 right now and haven't done loaded Fast Recovery to get it into ProB. Do I just grab the official firmware from Sony's site to update to 6.60 and then just get the newest ProB files?

Just to be sure you don't make any mistake, load the installer again to unistall PRO-B, then upgrade the firmware.

Top Bottom