• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR Hardware Is Dated and Sony Knows It Needs to Be Updated, Says nDreams CEO

Kerotan

Late 2021 would be perfect. It would be a monumental improvement over the first one and I'd buy it after skipping the first.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
As someone who has owned an Oculus Quest and PSVR, honestly besides minor resolution and comfort differences the experience on both was the same. Which for me just isn’t that great for VR in general. I’m hoping the next generation of headsets companies start pushing for slimmer form factors.

This is the infancy of VR. What do yo expect? We're in the NES stage of VR. What you want to do is skip 20 years of VR generations in 3 years. You want us to be in the PS2 stage of VR and that's just not possible right now.

Grinchy

Banned
On Black Friday, Sony is selling these things at $250 with headset, camera, 2 Move controllers, and multiple packed-in games. I don't know why people would expect a $1,000+ headset and controller combination like the Index when they are buying PSVR.

It has limitations and I wish it didn't use Move technology for tracking, but it's a damn good entry into VR.

INC

On Black Friday, Sony is selling these things at $250 with headset, camera, 2 Move controllers, and multiple packed-in games. I don't know why people would expect a $1,000+ headset and controller combination like the Index when they are buying PSVR.

It has limitations and I wish it didn't use Move technology for tracking, but it's a damn good entry into VR.

It is, for that price it's cheap enough wheres it's not a huge issue, but you also see the potential of vr and it still sells the illusion of being in the game.
Someone said this, and I fully agree, psvr is probably the best console addon in any generation. If u dont wanna invest in a pc and vr headset and have a ps4, and want a taste of the first steps into legit vr, you cant go wrong for the price

Top Bottom