• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX on PSP: what are you playing?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Wario64 said:
Shit, any easy method after converting the games? I'm not re-converting just to install a pic

Nope. I'm starting over myself.

mikeGFG

Banned
What I plan to rip the very second I pick up my PSP:

1. Crash Team Racing. FUCK YEAH!

2. Castlevania: SoTN

3. Einhander

4. Metal Gear Solid: Integral (VR Missions)

5. FF Tactics.

suikodan

I am currently playing Suikoden 2. I started FF7 but realized that I didn't want to spend 40hrs on a game I already played, which isn't the case for Suikoden 2. FF7 might come later after Suiko2 and MGS:pO which weights heavy in the balance. :lol

I also wanted to play RE2 Arranged mode so I can zip thru it but I wasn't able to meet Will Smith because the game hangs at the PD. I also have SOTN but I played that game too many times to justify a replay. I thought about FFT but not being able to save in mid-battle brought my interest down.

Ryu

Anyone who is playing MGS on the PSP, what happens at the Mantis fight where you have to switch controller ports?

3.02 here :-(

But how does MGS look? And play?
And Dragon Quest 7 (which will be my first game I play when I have a working (=3.02OE-B PSP ;-) )

I have a 3.01 PSP :(, but now that I have a functioning HK account I think I'll scoop up RE and Silent Bomber. (I also already have Crash Bandicoot, so I guess you could say I'm playing that too.)

Dazzla

I've never, ever played Vagrant Story so that's where I'm starting. Then I'll move onto the classics I know and love.

plake

Revisiting -
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IX
Vagrant Story
FF Tactics (Might wait for remake though)

New experinces -
Castlevania SOTN

All so far. PSP climbed quite the few notches over night.

Mirk

snap001.jpg

Got 20 hours logged into this since monday. Work has never been so great.

hmm playing a lot of gran turismo 2.. a bit of SOTN and some Diablo.

I've not got my ntsc ver. of DQ7 working yet..I just get a black screen on startup, and it hangs there.. Same goes for Armored Core... I might try re-ripping them...
2gig Memory Stick is suddenly too small now!!

might try some Pal games out of curiosity next...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Matix said:
Sadly I don't have a homebrew compatible PSP as of now (feel so ****ing left out), but in my dreams..

- Persona 2
- Panzer Bandit
- Rival Schools
- Xenogears
- Jumping Flash 1-2
- Strider 2
- Alundra
- Evil Zone
- Tobal 2
- Ehrgeiz
- Tails Concerto
- Klonoa
- The Legend of Dragoon
- Kings Field 1-2
- Theme Hospital
- Soul Blade
- Omega Boost
- Deception 2
- Parasite Eve
- Clock Tower 1-2
- Ninpu Sentai Harikenger

seriously, the list is nearly endless.
I tried that one yesterday doesnt run well, unless the rip I did sucked which is probably the case. lots of glitches and the sound was weird.

DCharlie

Banned
At the moment :

Internal Section
Gaiaseed
Harmful Park

and i'm just getting ready to transfer across :

Panzer Bandit
Kyuiin
Raycrisis

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Chris Michael said:
Slightly off topic but let me get this straight...

You have to have the PSP that launched in 2005 to get this PS1 stuff to work? :(

No, you just need a PSP that is 2.71 or below, doesn't matter if it's TA-082 or non TA-082 model. I think there's a 2.80 downgrader too but not sure how good it is

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Gotdamn Einhander looks insane on the PSP! I took the time to do the bg/icons up. That coupled with the game's already polished front end just adds to the whole experience.

Beautiful game. Is there any PSX game in the same league?

I really need the BG's/Icons for Air Grave. Is there a step by step Photoshop guide on making them?

DCharlie

Banned
not the same sort of side scrolling shooter...

but Internal Section really stands up well.

Hard to compare the two , but some of the crazy visuals later on in the game look so nice on the PSP.

Christopher

ant1532 said:
this thread makes me jealous.

3.02... ugh.

you act as though they won't crack that...give it time, and just don't upgrade to the latest firmwire when it comes out.

I'm getting my PSP Friday - regardless of the firmwire I'm not going to update it, as it'll eventually be cracked.

discohiro

Ryu said:
Anyone who is playing MGS on the PSP, what happens at the Mantis fight where you have to switch controller ports?

I'm curious to this as well. Also, how does disc switching work on the psx emu?

Devil Dice for me.... been wanting this on PSP since the system debuted.

I would still like to see a localization of the actual PSP version. Or even see one for sale at an import site.... sigh.

dbish

DaCocoBrova said:
Gotdamn Einhander looks insane on the PSP! I took the time to do the bg/icons up. That coupled with the game's already polished front end just adds to the whole experience.

Beautiful game. Is there any PSX game in the same league?
/QUOTE]

It's not quite as beautiful, but I'd argue that it's a better game overall - R-type Delta.

Eric_S said:
Can't you map buttons to the digipad and use the nub for movement?

Yes - There are a few different mapping options.

discohiro said:
I'm curious to this as well. Also, how does disc switching work on the psx emu?

The Mantis fight is sorted using the alternative method of shooting all 4 pots before attacking, no workaround for the lack of controller port. Disc 2 is another problem to be sorted.

Either way, that's not a problem as the emu exceeding it's current spec nicely at the moment and the mods won't be far away.

Playing FFVII for the first time now and the emulator at 333 with save anywhere enabled makes this quite a lot more enjoyable.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
We should make a thread for game pics for the PSX games on the PSP. I mean, the icon and the background pictures of the PSX games for the PSP eboots. I mean... why is this so hard to convey!?!?
I MEAN:
icon0.png
pic1.png

EDIT: Read through the rest of the thread and found the links to a thread that already has the pics. beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoploip.

My next quandry-- what to play? I saved all my PSX games that I thought had replay value, but that's only good for so long. I need to hit up those "PS1 gems" type threads and then go ebay/gamestopping.

Anybody rip any Classics compliations yet? Any issues? Getting the games that aren't in the PSP native collections (Robotron!) is a priority for me.

Matix

Error2k4 said:
I tried that one yesterday doesnt run well, unless the rip I did sucked which is probably the case. lots of glitches and the sound was weird.

Damn, that sucks... Oh well, its plenty more from where that came from ;) !!

The opening FVM on Devil Dice has weird and glitchy sound, too. I wonder if it has the same cause.

Luckily, that shit's only in the opening, and after that, it's all good.

junier

Banned
I'm still not over how F***ing cool this all is. I'll be going through PSX games all year, and just deciding what to play next is almost as fun.

Anyway, I've got the standard lineup right now:

(Currently) RE3
The FF's
The Other RE's
Parasite Eve
Vagrant Story
Fear Effect
SOTN

Then...? Try to find some hidden gems/games that look great on the PSP. What are some underrated classics? I guess the hard part will be finding them. Any idea where I can find Blues Chicago Blues? LOL

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Theres a bunch of PSX games that I'll play now due to this. I actually tried playing through some oldies via Emulation on my PC but something about console games on the PC that turns me off.

Having Parasite Eve, Vagrant Story, Dragon Quest VIII in my pocket (PSX games that I haven't played through) is ****en awesome.

Currently playing only the games I could fit in their entirety on my spare 4 gig:

-Blood Omen,
-FFVII,
-MGS.

Waiting for the easy converter because while this isn't complicated, it's not fun either.

Ceebs

Wario64 said:
Shit, any easy method after converting the games? I'm not re-converting just to install a pic

The new version of PSP Brew lets you add the icons and backgrounds after you convert your iso. Takes all of 3 minutes to load the eboot, add my images and save it. It also does away with that ugly hot shots popup that covers the pretty backgrounds people are making.

Oh and playing Parasite Eve. I have not played it since I sped through the game during a blockbuster rental back when it was first released.

replicashooter said:
Playing FFVII for the first time now and the emulator at 333 with save anywhere enabled makes this quite a lot more enjoyable.

hey replica,

how do you get the "save anywhere" option? is that a feature of the emulator or is it something you were able to add with a firmware customizer?

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Now playing:

icon0vn6.png

pic1bq5.png

and an alternate PIC1:

pic1acb1.png

Controls are interesting to say the least using the analog for movement with /\ and O for pedal and shoot.

DCharlie

Banned
has anyone tried Gran Turismo 2 yet? :)

I'm going to hunt Aki this weekend for the US version of XCom... now that's got me all tingly.

B.K.

I'm using Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together to test it, since it's the only game I have that'll fit onto a 256 meg memory stick.

DCharlie

Banned
Because it's a mediocre game with a low print run.

IMO - only have of this is half true! ;)

First 2 levels aren't just mediocre, they are positively dull - but after that, it's as good as anything else on the PS1 IMO :) Once you hit 3, it picks up and stops being just a light show.

Top Bottom