• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG Will Run At 30 FPS On All Xbox One Devices, PlayerUnknown Clarifies

Because it's still an Xbox One at the end of the day, you can't just forget about your bigger install base, that would be mad.

Think about it, Microsoft have turned the ship around, why would they ruin that to cater for the hardcore niche who bought the X?

They aren't turning their back if One X owners paid for a better experience that was the whole point of it. Otherwise everyone would stayed on the OG Xbox One.

Thats like Microsoft selling Elite controllers to everyone and later sending out a firmware patch that disabled the paddles and trigger stops. That isn't what everyone bought the One X for, an experience in parity with the regular Xbox One.

Malcolm9

They aren't turning their back if One X owners paid for a better experience that was the whole point of it. Otherwise everyone would stayed on the OG Xbox One.

Thats like Microsoft selling Elite controllers to everyone and later sending out a firmware patch that disabled the paddles and trigger stops. That isn't what everyone bought the One X for, an experience in parity with the regular Xbox One.

Graphically I agree, but in regards to having double the framerate online compared to non X users it's a no.

Yeah because that compares to double the framerate........

I mean, if you think seeing the other player before they see you and having a mouse to aim instead of an analogue stick doesn't make a comparable difference to having more responsive controls, then I don't know what to tell you, breh.

McFads1

Neo Member
From the previous thread on this.

I mean, unless you want to pretend the guy sat of his couch in front of his £200 40' Polaroid TV with a standard controller is on a level playing field with the other guy sat close to a 1ms monitor, with a XIM4 or Scuf and a solid stereo headset are on level playing fields.

this is a bit different, because these are third party advantages vs an advantage given directly by the kind of console you own.

and assuming what kind of player is behind the screen doesn't work

thelastword

Banned
I guess reality has set in.......PUBG at 60fps!..... and Xbox fans were running with it already. Same way they run with Ark at 4k, Destiny 2 at 60fps on X, AC Origins at 4k et al....

this is a bit different, because these are third party advantages vs an advantage given directly by the kind of console you own.

and assuming what kind of player is behind the screen doesn't work

Okay, that's fair enough about third/first party, but you'd never know what hardware they're using behind screen regardless of it's first party or third party anyway.

At the end of the day, consoles being a "level playing field" is a fallacy, and that's okay.

McFads1

Neo Member
Okay, that's fair enough about third/first party, but you'd never know what hardware they're using behind screen regardless of it's first party or third party anyway.

At the end of the day, consoles being a "level playing field" is a fallacy, and that's okay.

I appreciate the respect, and there is no way to know who's behind the screen.

and I do believe in the whole "level playing field" thing, but agree to disagree. have a fun weekend fam

I appreciate the respect, and there is no way to know who's behind the screen.

and I do believe in the whole "level playing field" thing, but agree to disagree. have a fun weekend fam

You too, fam.

Edit: One thing I'll add though, is no matter what peripherals somebody buys for an advantage, a bad player will always be bad. Played against my fair share on shitters on R6Siege with Xims. Good aim, no brain.

From the previous thread on this.

I mean, unless you want to pretend the guy sat of his couch in front of his £200 40' Polaroid TV with a standard controller is on a level playing field with the other guy sat close to a 1ms monitor, with a XIM4 or Scuf and a solid stereo headset are on level playing fields.

Difference is those are third party advantages not system side advantages

Remember, they never promised 60fps. They only promised true 4K gaming.

Malcolm9

I'm surprised to see the snobbiness towards the original Xbox One and S now the X is out.

Just because you paid top dollar for the X doesn't mean Microsoft will make it their priority console.

I'm surprised to see the snobbiness towards the original Xbox One and S now the X is out.

Just because you paid top dollar for the X doesn't mean Microsoft will make it their priority console.

Especially since Spencer has even publicly said as much. He straight up said on the ign xbox podcast that the One and One S were still going to remain their priority.

Yea, I've never heard so many snooty bastards as I have with these X threads. Chillax guys, you didn't buy a PC no matter how much you wanna believe it.

Cc23830

Is anybody double dipping for the sole reason of ridding their game of cheaters? Until this morning i was set on only playing on my PC but after 3 games where i was headshotted by a chinese player from miles away with an Ak then had a player run so fast he overtook my car and finally destroyed by another chinese player who somehow managed to shoot so fast it was impossible to get a single shot off ive decided to buy it on Xbox
Was this Playerunknowns plan to make me spend my cash again?

Especially since Spencer has even publicly said as much. He straight up said on the ign xbox podcast that the One and One S were still going to remain their priority.

Yea, I've never heard so many snooty bastards as I have with these X threads. Chillax guys, you didn't buy a PC no matter how much you wanna believe it.

Nailed it.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
It's really simple. He said that the game will run at 60 fps but the version they release now on Xbox Game Preview (XGP) will run at 30 fps on all Xbox Ones. They don't release a One X patch until later in 2018, so the X just runs the One version that's capped at 30 fps.

The people making the games should push the hardware and MS should step back and not force parity. Where does it end, draw distance is also an advantage and so is FOV.

I guess reality has set in.......PUBG at 60fps!..... and Xbox fans were running with it already. Same way they run with Ark at 4k, Destiny 2 at 60fps on X, AC Origins at 4k et al....
Did reality set in for you about Sony saying the PS2 can do toy story graphics? Or ps3 games running at 120fps on 2 screens?
Jeez dude..

Dunki

If you're playing a multiplayer game on consoles you can't be playing at an advantage.

It's just the way it is.

30fps for a game of this scale is impressive tbh

Then why not let one owners play alone and the new ones playing together with the PC people? By this huge amount of sales you also could split the PC servers in Keyboard and controller player and xbox player play with the controller PC folks.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Then why not let one owners play alone and the new ones playing together with the PC people? By this huge amount of sales you also could split the PC servers in Keyboard and controller player and xbox player play with the controller PC folks.

They should have 60fps servers for x and 30fps for the one but allow x players to play on one servers.

cross play with pc would be pointless

Top Bottom